Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    According to Otmarr , it's business as usual for him running things , but with real promise of money in the pipe .
    That doesn't sound like things are being meddled with .

I think the consortium that has bought in recognizes the team is capable of doing a lot with a little .
    Stroll's buying in at Team Willy had him complaining , but he was suggesting answers like getting more parts from Merc when the promised performance wasn't there .

So , if you can't make the car faster , buy a faster car .
    Then there's nothing to complain about .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    According to Otmarr , it's business as usual for him running things , but with real promise of money in the pipe .
    That doesn't sound like things are being meddled with .

I think the consortium that has bought in recognizes the team is capable of doing a lot with a little .
    Stroll's buying in at Team Willy had him complaining , but he was suggesting answers like getting more parts from Merc when the promised performance wasn't there .

So , if you can't make the car faster , buy a faster car .
    Then there's nothing to complain about .
    Of course Otmarr would say that to the media, the reality behind the scenes might be different. The signs do not look good at the mo. But it would come out in the next few weeks and months, l am sure.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

So , it sounds like Perez might find a ride at McLaren , leaving Estaban and Lance , who are said to be good friends , at Force whatever .
    That would be convenient .

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I am sure there are internal political reasons for the change, but it sounds daft to me if they are going to be losing points and money to make a pointless change that does not significantly alter the identity of the team. I think removing the sahara part of the name from livery and merchandising would have been enough. I just worry that they now have some hot heads in the Force India boardroom that may upset the balance of the team.

I think Force India did very well these last few years because the boardroom were hands off the operations of the teams. I just worry that the team has been saved but may not produce the successes that it was capable of due to meddling shareholders. A good indication of this is that Bob Fernley has resigned or was fired ; whatever. It may be the first signs that this team is heading to the back of the grid.
    agreed.
    On the one hand i'm happy the team got saved. on the other hand, a bit annoyed it is the stroll consortium whose sole existence it seems is to give lance stroll an F1 seat and cause upheaval. I'm sure williams as awful as they are probably are glad to see them leave. But sadly for froce india, it seems their days as a firm and well run outfit (financial woe's from the former owner aside) are over. Changing the name for 2018 was the first dumb idea. having stroll come in for a seat fitting was another. The team may have been saved, but seem to be heading in a very wrong direction.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    agreed.
    On the one hand i'm happy the team got saved. on the other hand, a bit annoyed it is the stroll consortium whose sole existence it seems is to give lance stroll an F1 seat and cause upheaval. I'm sure williams as awful as they are probably are glad to see them leave. But sadly for froce india, it seems their days as a firm and well run outfit (financial woe's from the former owner aside) are over. Changing the name for 2018 was the first dumb idea. having stroll come in for a seat fitting was another. The team may have been saved, but seem to be heading in a very wrong direction.
    You seem pretty angry about this .

Claire says they'll miss Lawrence not being there , and has always defended Lance's driving , saying she hasn't given him the car to show his talent .

All and sundry have said the car is crap and that not even Lewis could drive it , so what is your issue with Stroll , other than he has a wildly rich dad ?

And changing the name disassociates the team with all the Indian banks that are chasing Vijay , so what's the problem with that ?

And , but for Fernley , who was Vijay's man , every job was saved and left to run exactly as it has , so the "firm and well run outfit" should carry on just fine .

Williams may benefit , too , as there will need to be some compensation doled out .

Get a grip . It will all work out .

Hey , Truefan , how did the rich kid do today ?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    You seem pretty angry about this .

Claire says they'll miss Lawrence not being there , and has always defended Lance's driving , saying she hasn't given him the car to show his talent .

All and sundry have said the car is crap and that not even Lewis could drive it , so what is your issue with Stroll , other than he has a wildly rich dad ?

And changing the name disassociates the team with all the Indian banks that are chasing Vijay , so what's the problem with that ?

And , but for Fernley , who was Vijay's man , every job was saved and left to run exactly as it has , so the "firm and well run outfit" should carry on just fine .

Williams may benefit , too , as there will need to be some compensation doled out .

Get a grip . It will all work out .

I just remembered you are Canadian. But this is not a Lance Stroll bashing comments. Just worries that Force India may replace Williams at the back of the grid if the team is distabilized by the new owners. Ownership styles are different, and this new one may not necessarily be compatible with the culture of the team which has allowed it to perform well above its weight in budget terms.

As for Lance, l am a fan of the kid. I think we are yet to see his true talent and Williams has failed to deliver a package that would allow him to showcase his skills. The Strolls departing Williams would definitely sting Williams, as they now have to go find a new sponsor of Stroll's financial calibre. With how their 2018 season has gone, it may be hard to find that kind of investment but not impossible.

Force India having key members of the management team depart after a takeover suggest that all is not quite well. Especially since it appears other investors in the team may also be departing in 2019. But they have performed impressively on track since the takeover.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 3rd September 2018 at 11:53.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

8. Likes: truefan72 (2nd September 2018)
    While you're right that I am a Canadian , I am yet to become a real Lance fan .
    He's a pretty negative little guy when things aren't going right , and that certainly comes off looking a little spoiled , with his background , but so far I am trying to overlook it , being he's been driving such a dog of a car .

Of course he'll be getting loads of flack for triggering the roundabout , but it's still turning for now and I have a feeling Ocon , who everybody sees as out , will be right beside him in the end .

I do hope the kid does well , but Lance will always be the rich kid who did well even if he manages to win it all .