Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    I don't quite understand why Renault seem ti want to get rid of Sainz after having been very keen last year to acquire him from Toro Rosso, especially as I think he has done a good job this season. I'm not sure Ocon would be doing much better.

If Stroll does leave Williams, it would most likely lead to a Kubica comeback, though with that car, he might not be doing his aspirations a lot of good.
    Word from Saward is that instead of Kubica , it may be Merc boy George Russell that gets the nod at team Willy , to get him some cheap seat time .
    Last edited by Bagwan; 1st August 2018 at 23:31. Reason: I got George's name wrong .

And , speaking of George Russell , he just turned the unofficial lap record at the Hungaroring .
    I didn't mention he is currently leading the F2 championship , and would be a "feel-good" story for team Willy , perhaps even more than the Kubica saga , being he's British . Tally-ho , and all that .

Being that Williams are now talking about some more Merc know-how in parts supply , it may fit well to be team "B" for a bit .

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/19420

So well, it's not exactly Stroll buying the team. Rather, he's found enough people so that all of them will put in the required money. But well, I'm glad that the Force India mess is finally sorted out.

4. Likes: truefan72 (9th August 2018)
    It's , for the time being , called "Racing Point Force India".

It sounds like they won't actually keep the original entry , and miss out on any money as a result , but will essentially start anew , with Otmarr at the helm as CEO .

Now , if they can get Ocon to Williams , Lance might have a chance .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It's , for the time being , called "Racing Point Force India".

It sounds like they won't actually keep the original entry , and miss out on any money as a result , but will essentially start anew , with Otmarr at the helm as CEO .

Now , if they can get Ocon to Williams , Lance might have a chance .
    I don't understand the rule that strips them of their hard earned points because they change their name. I think it is unfair. If they were going to lose money anyway for changing the name, l would have thought they would go all the way with the name change. Racing point force india kind of sounds wack to me.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd August 2018 at 21:41.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I don't understand the rule that strips them of their hard earned points because they change their name. I think it is unfair. If they were going to lose money anyway for changing the name, l would have thought they would go all the way with the name change. Racing point force india kind of sounds wack to me.
    I wouldn't expect that name to last .
    Keeping the present name will give them some continuity until the end of the year , and since they punched way above their weight as Sahara Force India , they'll feel some pride in that , even if they don't keep the points .
    For some time now , they've been saying they've got parts drawn that they can't afford to manufacture , so I would expect them to be making some speed in the next few races , to show everyone that the turmoil that has so dominated the life of their former owner still hasn't affected the way they race .

What would be your choice for the name ?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Pink Panther Racing? (sponsored by Owens-Corning of course.)
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Force Canada .

Force Up Canadian Kid .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    I wouldn't expect that name to last .
    Keeping the present name will give them some continuity until the end of the year , and since they punched way above their weight as Sahara Force India , they'll feel some pride in that , even if they don't keep the points .
    For some time now , they've been saying they've got parts drawn that they can't afford to manufacture , so I would expect them to be making some speed in the next few races , to show everyone that the turmoil that has so dominated the life of their former owner still hasn't affected the way they race .

I am sure there are internal political reasons for the change, but it sounds daft to me if they are going to be losing points and money to make a pointless change that does not significantly alter the identity of the team. I think removing the sahara part of the name from livery and merchandising would have been enough. I just worry that they now have some hot heads in the Force India boardroom that may upset the balance of the team.

I think Force India did very well these last few years because the boardroom were hands off the operations of the teams. I just worry that the team has been saved but may not produce the successes that it was capable of due to meddling shareholders. A good indication of this is that Bob Fernley has resigned or was fired ; whatever. It may be the first signs that this team is heading to the back of the grid.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 24th August 2018 at 22:30.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

12. Likes: truefan72 (1st September 2018)