Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    Like
    26
    Liked 342 Times in 281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    I don't quite understand why Renault seem ti want to get rid of Sainz after having been very keen last year to acquire him from Toro Rosso, especially as I think he has done a good job this season. I'm not sure Ocon would be doing much better.

    If Stroll does leave Williams, it would most likely lead to a Kubica comeback, though with that car, he might not be doing his aspirations a lot of good.
    Word from Saward is that instead of Kubica , it may be Merc boy George Russell that gets the nod at team Willy , to get him some cheap seat time .
    Last edited by Bagwan; 1st August 2018 at 22:31. Reason: I got George's name wrong .

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    Like
    26
    Liked 342 Times in 281 Posts
    And , speaking of George Russell , he just turned the unofficial lap record at the Hungaroring .
    I didn't mention he is currently leading the F2 championship , and would be a "feel-good" story for team Willy , perhaps even more than the Kubica saga , being he's British . Tally-ho , and all that .

    Being that Williams are now talking about some more Merc know-how in parts supply , it may fit well to be team "B" for a bit .

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gran Canaria
    Posts
    1,422
    Like
    256
    Liked 162 Times in 119 Posts
    https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/19420

    So well, it's not exactly Stroll buying the team. Rather, he's found enough people so that all of them will put in the required money. But well, I'm glad that the Force India mess is finally sorted out.

  4. Likes: truefan72 (9th August 2018)
  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    Like
    26
    Liked 342 Times in 281 Posts
    It's , for the time being , called "Racing Point Force India".

    It sounds like they won't actually keep the original entry , and miss out on any money as a result , but will essentially start anew , with Otmarr at the helm as CEO .

    Now , if they can get Ocon to Williams , Lance might have a chance .

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    1,144
    Like
    0
    Liked 231 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It's , for the time being , called "Racing Point Force India".

    It sounds like they won't actually keep the original entry , and miss out on any money as a result , but will essentially start anew , with Otmarr at the helm as CEO .

    Now , if they can get Ocon to Williams , Lance might have a chance .
    I don't understand the rule that strips them of their hard earned points because they change their name. I think it is unfair. If they were going to lose money anyway for changing the name, l would have thought they would go all the way with the name change. Racing point force india kind of sounds wack to me.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd August 2018 at 20:41.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    Like
    26
    Liked 342 Times in 281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I don't understand the rule that strips them of their hard earned points because they change their name. I think it is unfair. If they were going to lose money anyway for changing the name, l would have thought they would go all the way with the name change. Racing point force india kind of sounds wack to me.
    I wouldn't expect that name to last .
    Keeping the present name will give them some continuity until the end of the year , and since they punched way above their weight as Sahara Force India , they'll feel some pride in that , even if they don't keep the points .
    For some time now , they've been saying they've got parts drawn that they can't afford to manufacture , so I would expect them to be making some speed in the next few races , to show everyone that the turmoil that has so dominated the life of their former owner still hasn't affected the way they race .

    What would be your choice for the name ?

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    To the right of the left
    Posts
    3,660
    Like
    3
    Liked 101 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    What would be your choice for the name ?
    Pink Panther Racing? (sponsored by Owens-Corning of course.)
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    Like
    26
    Liked 342 Times in 281 Posts
    Force Canada .

  10. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    Like
    26
    Liked 342 Times in 281 Posts
    Force Up Canadian Kid .

  11. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    1,144
    Like
    0
    Liked 231 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I wouldn't expect that name to last .
    Keeping the present name will give them some continuity until the end of the year , and since they punched way above their weight as Sahara Force India , they'll feel some pride in that , even if they don't keep the points .
    For some time now , they've been saying they've got parts drawn that they can't afford to manufacture , so I would expect them to be making some speed in the next few races , to show everyone that the turmoil that has so dominated the life of their former owner still hasn't affected the way they race .

    What would be your choice for the name ?
    I am sure there are internal political reasons for the change, but it sounds daft to me if they are going to be losing points and money to make a pointless change that does not significantly alter the identity of the team. I think removing the sahara part of the name from livery and merchandising would have been enough. I just worry that they now have some hot heads in the Force India boardroom that may upset the balance of the team.

    I think Force India did very well these last few years because the boardroom were hands off the operations of the teams. I just worry that the team has been saved but may not produce the successes that it was capable of due to meddling shareholders. A good indication of this is that Bob Fernley has resigned or was fired ; whatever. It may be the first signs that this team is heading to the back of the grid.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 24th August 2018 at 21:30.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  12. Likes: truefan72 (1st September 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •