Page 74 of 344 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    The sport isn't dying, you don't have to be so melodramatic about it.

2. Likes: logic (9th December 2018),pantealex (9th December 2018)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I honestly can’t be arsed going over every prediction or thought that’s come out of his mouth since he has somehow gained a bit of momentum, but I reckon if I did, you could literally destroy everything he’s said.
    You are not obligated to watch his ramblings. I watch his monologues maybe once every two months or so, just to be entertained, not informed. His Kitchen Tables bring joy to a number of people, it's not away from anyone. Colin is not taking a job away from anyone. He is an entertainer, hired PR hand and admittedly a rallying personality. A journalist he is not, but there's a lot of journalist in him. Actually, I don't know if there could be such a thing as a rallying journalist as long as this whole thing revolves around promoting brands. I don't get what satisfaction it gives to people to use energy so much in disliking someone. You don't have to like everybody, but such as in this forum there's an ignore option, it actually can be used in real life too if you learn how to.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (8th December 2018),AnttiL (8th December 2018),pantealex (9th December 2018),skarderud (8th December 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    The sport is dying because there is a permanent knife edge in terms of manufacturer entries and it’s always in a ‘will they, won’t they’ stay state.
    Fair enough, unfair of me to compare Clarke to Mark James, it’s Desbrough I would have James replace in a shot. I just think that him and Clarke don’t actually ‘get’ the seriousness of the sport they are involved in.
    Call it nostalgia or whatever, but when Mark James commentated on the sport, he didn’t make it sound like some fun game, rather the serious spectacle it is.
    Maybe Clarke wouldn’t be so bad if he did a kitchen table once in a while, but he seems to do a new one every tome someone farts who’s got anything to do with the WRC and you can hardly call it forecasting or prediction when he literally has a stab at every possible combination of driver team.
    Some think this is the way forward in terms of communicating the sport, I honestly think there’s another, much less excitable, method that actually conveys the reality of what these men and women do when they are flat out in a forest.
    Seems difficult for some to understand that Clark works for the WRC. It's his job to create content for the rallying community and he does it passionately, like he cares for the sport and what's happening around it. He IS a rally man. In short, in this Red Bull-era where expertise isn't always appreciated, it could be much much worse.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

6. Likes: AnttiL (8th December 2018),Hartusvuori (8th December 2018),pantealex (9th December 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    The sport isn't dying, you don't have to be so melodramatic about it.
    By dying, I mean less top cars entering events. In this regard, it definitely is.

8. Likes: Sub_Skoda (8th December 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Mm, quantity isn`t an indicator of quality. We have 4 different makes with good drivers...we`ve had just 2 makes with all sorts of tourists (not saying, it is bad and we still have them occasionally now).

10. Likes: AnttiL (8th December 2018),pantealex (9th December 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

12. Likes: AL14 (10th December 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Mm, quantity isn`t an indicator of quality. We have 4 different makes with good drivers...we`ve had just 2 makes with all sorts of tourists (not saying, it is bad and we still have them occasionally now).
    I know it’s not, but I guess there’s two things I’m thinking here...
    One is that, from a spectator point of view, watching the 10-12 WRC cars leaves you wanting a lot more (especially when they are as good to watch as they are now)... I know some people are into the R5 stuff, but they’re crap to watch in comparison.
    So with the above in mind, I’m wondering what the promoters feel about the current entry level, yeah, it’s been a good season championship-wise and it makes good TV, but stage-side, after the first ten cars, it’s not good at all.
    Point two is that I’m genuinely worried about how close the series seems every year to losing one or two top teams... yes, Citroen are staying, but imagine if they weren’t, and let’s be honest, if Ogier wasn’t there, there’s a good chance they would have gone.
    And next year M-Sport may not show up either. So whilst we have three, maybe four, we are bloody close to only having two... and then what? How long would Hyundai and Toyota slog it out for?
    It may seem all rosey, but it certainly isn’t.
    I would be gutted if the whole thing imploded and had to start from scratch again.
    I just hope those sat in power are being realistic when it comes to evaluating the health of the current WRC.

Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Simple if the sport will go down they will probably go similar like TCR and WTCC merging. Here they will make R5 the top car and many of them are pretty much still competitive and I'm sure Peugeot (probably will make new one when new 208 arrives), Toyota, Proton will be in the mix of Skoda, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Citroen and M-Sport (on purpose I didn't type Ford because they don't care). And a lot cheaper too.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    By dying, I mean less top cars entering events. In this regard, it definitely is.
    And if that's the logic, how in the world did the sport came through 1997 alive?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

16. Likes: AnttiL (9th December 2018),pantealex (9th December 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    And if that's the logic, how in the world did the sport came through 1997 alive?
    Or 2016. Three teams with three cars, Citroens doing one-offs here and there.