Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Meeke had rally winning pace on.., those that I can remember
    Finland
    Portugal
    Germany
    Spain
    RallyGb
    Sunninen.. Had he any event where he was actually in the hunt?
    I have feeling, that people are too often getting over-excited when Suninen was showing good times from good road position on first days of some rally. Next day "speed" disappers or can not handle the pressure. All you have is "what if".

A bit the same with Meeke - I'm not sure his "rally winning pace" is not the "If I win lottery" pace - too many risks and then some mistake comes. Last one in Spain. But maybe this "all or nothing" was team-order, we never know.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

It's factual statement.
    And so is mine.

Sordo for example was pulled into the team for the events where he is best and the team expect him to score well. If he was 'rusty' and wouldnt do well, they wouldnt use him.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Yeah it is factual, but you can't blindly look at that though without taking other factors into account. Hyundai drivers rotated and miss their weakest events ( sometimes for better starting position in their stronger events). For example, Mikkelsen has missed Spain and Corsica where he would've been slowest WRC car if we base it on all of his previous form in a Hyundai. Sordo missing Sweden, Finland and GB etc is the same case, doing those events would only have lowered the average pts per rally.

We've seen in past drivers like Meeke doing part season and winning events due to running at the back. Breen comes in cold in Finland and is instantly on the pace in an i20 at Hyundais weakest rally, Meeke comes back after 6/7months out and is 2nd fastest in the first stage in Monte in a new car, Evans after a bad injury wins the first real stage of rally GB and has top speed all weekend. So looking at that, rust isn't that much of a factor for WRC drivers compared to good road position/ doing only favoured events.
    Great post, very well put.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Yeah it is factual, but you can't blindly look at that though without taking other factors into account. Hyundai drivers rotated and miss their weakest events ( sometimes for better starting position in their stronger events). For example, Mikkelsen has missed Spain and Corsica where he would've been slowest WRC car if we base it on all of his previous form in a Hyundai. Sordo missing Sweden, Finland and GB etc is the same case, doing those events would only have lowered the average pts per rally.

We've seen in past drivers like Meeke doing part season and winning events due to running at the back. Breen comes in cold in Finland and is instantly on the pace in an i20 at Hyundais weakest rally, Meeke comes back after 6/7months out and is 2nd fastest in the first stage in Monte in a new car, Evans after a bad injury wins the first real stage of rally GB and has top speed all weekend. So looking at that, rust isn't that much of a factor for WRC drivers compared to good road position/ doing only favoured events.
    lets make the Mireks statement a bit different...
    if these partial program drivers,they run all rallies of the calendar.At the rallies they are specialized,they would be the same/worst/better?

My answer is they would be better.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Did he just confirm he was staying with Citröen in 2020??

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    whats Belgian press writing about Tänak coming to Neuvilles team?

anything?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

anything?
    Maybe mr Martinson run out of ideas and used this one: https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ts?id=10355543 ?

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

anything?
    The mainstream flemish press does not know or care who neuville is, let alone tanak. Only football and a little bit of cycling counts here.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    i didnt mean mainstream press

rally sites or smth like that.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -