Page 314 of 344 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3437
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Yeah, biofuels are a not good for the environment in the big picture. You can read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issues...ng_to_biofuels

The only exceptions that I know of are something like Neste MY bio diesel which is made 100% from waste, but I doubt that could power WRC cars...

2. Likes: Rally Power (26th September 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    And biogas.

Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    Biofuels if they happen arent going to be long-term in WRC anyway. Hybrid power will only be for a few years until going fully-electric. Biofuel will just sound more 'eco' for the manufacturers to use on their ads.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/sept...9--12-12-.html

FIA rally director Yves Matton (above) said the timeline to the new regulations laid out earlier this season remains in place. The supplier of much of the equipment to be used in the 2022 specification cars will be revealed soon.

Matton said: “We made a study with the companies able to provide the kind of hybrid equipment we need. We have their feedback and now the manufacturers will receive a complete study to decide which kind of hybrid we will use. The formal decision will be made in October.

“We are following the plan. At the end of December we will have technical regulations fixed and announced at that month’s World Motor Sport Council meeting. We are 100 per cent following the timeline we introduced nine months ago.”

One of the concerns for the current teams is the need for additional in-season testing to prepare the cars through 2021. Matton said the FIA would address that.

He said: “We didn’t work on the sporting regulations yet. From what we did in the past, we will allow extra days to work on the car.”

Matton also confirmed his intention to maintain the current cost of the cars in an effort to bring new manufacturers to the sport.

“We are working to keep the cost of the car at the current level. With the manufacturers we are working to see what we can do with the cars and not to spend any money on engineering which is not giving back a return on investment in terms of marketing,” he said.

The next generation World Rally Cars will run with the same 1600cc turbocharged engines in use today.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Another interesting piece regarding EVs.
    Written by the natural History museum's Head of Earth Sciences and from a neutral point-of-view.

I can't help feel that we are going into a dead end regarding EVs, unless there is some sort of incredible increase in battery or motor efficiency. Anyway, interesting, if it's your thing.....

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/press-office/p...g-net-zer.html

7. Likes: Rally Power (26th September 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Promoting biofuel is downright criminal.
    Todt seems also happy with Formula E, which is mainly run in coal burning or oil producing countries…

Honestly I don’t give a zhit if they’ll use biofuel in the WRC, as long the FIA avoids imposing expensive high tech hybrid systems that only 1 or 2 manus can pay.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 26th September 2019 at 13:38.
    Rally addict since 1982

9. Likes: AndyRAC (27th September 2019)
    Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    Dani Sordo is expected to remain with Hyundai in the #WRC for a seventh season in 2020, despite speculation about a move to Toyota... https://t.co/c0qTcJLj79

Brought to you by Subscribe today
    Dani Sordo is expected to remain with Hyundai in the World Rally Championship for a seventh season in 2020, despite speculation about a move to Toyota.

The 36-year-old took his first win since 2012 earlier this season in Sardinia and has been in contention for podiums on most events he has contested this year.

His strong form led to speculation that Toyota and its team principal Tommi Makinen - a known admirer of Sordo - would attempt to sign him for 2020.

But Sordo has played down such a move.

"I'm very close with Hyundai," Sordo said. "For me, it's close [with the team] because I feel really good with the people, they respect me a lot, they consider me in everything.

"I am happy with [Hyundai Motorsport director Andrea] Adamo, everything is upfront with him.

"If I have a problem, I can tell him, 'Hey, you are a fucking bastard.' But after that, we have a coffee and it's fixed."

Sordo dismissed talk of a move to Toyota, adding: "If Tommi really wants me then he needs to talk.

"Adamo comes to me and he says 'I want you'.

"I have no problem with Tommi - he's nice, but I never had a chat face-to-face with him [about next season]."

Adamo described Sordo as a strong option for next season.

With Sebastien Loeb under contract for a further six rallies next year, Adamo needs to find a driver ready to run a part-programme - something that suits Sordo.

Asked how likely Sordo was to remain, Adamo replied: "Let me say the other way around - I cannot see somebody better.

"That doesn't mean that he remains here because I have no alternatives, I don't want to be misunderstood.

"I grab him because he's a team-builder, he's reliable, somebody with a good mood and, when there's a problem, there's no finger-pointing.

"When he has something to say he comes to me and we talk - he doesn't make the show around the world.

"This is why I say I don't see somebody better."

Sordo will not take part in next weekend's Wales Rally GB as Hyundai will field Craig Breen, Andreas Mikkelsen and Thierry Neuville.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 26th September 2019 at 12:05.

11. Likes: er88 (26th September 2019),Oops! (26th September 2019),Rally Power (26th September 2019)
    Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Dani Sordo is expected to remain with Hyundai in the #WRC for a seventh season in 2020, despite speculation about a move to Toyota... https://t.co/c0qTcJLj79

With Sebastien Loeb under contract for a further six rallies next year, Adamo needs to find a driver ready to run a part-programme - something that suits Sordo.

Asked how likely Sordo was to remain, Adamo replied: "Let me say the other way around - I cannot see somebody better.

"That doesn't mean that he remains here because I have no alternatives, I don't want to be misunderstood.

"I grab him because he's a team-builder, he's reliable, somebody with a good mood and, when there's a problem, there's no finger-pointing.

"When he has something to say he comes to me and we talk - he doesn't make the show around the world.

"This is why I say I don't see somebody better."

Sordo will not take part in next weekend's Wales Rally GB as Hyundai will field Craig Breen, Andreas Mikkelsen and Thierry Neuville.

If that's not a reference to why Paddon is not considered by Adamo I don't know what it is. The friction with Neuville from years gone by has really hurt him. Somewhat unfair given Adamo doesn't have a relationship with him, but that's life.

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsRGn30JZdg

Cyprus Rally 2019 - FIA rally director, Yves Matton, talks ERC, Juniors and 2020 WRC calendar

As we wait for the action in Wales to continue...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts

15. Likes: AnttiL (4th October 2019),pantealex (5th October 2019),steve.mandzij (6th October 2019)