Liked 808 Times in 424 Posts
    that cant be true

2. Likes: Mirek (29th September 2018)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Is it April’s fools already?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Yes, in the rallyradio they were talking about it. Also mentioned that a possible stop mid-stage was thought about but apparently they know themselves too that that would be bad idea for road conditions as its essentially a secondary start line midstage that would create big ruts.

Also i dont remember if it was talk of FIA, but the finnish rally championship organisers that were trying to come up with these ideas. I think if you can go back in the radio broadcast it was somewhere mid stage 4 where they talked about Pietarinen having 136 kmh average speed.

5. Likes: AnttiL (29th September 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] News & Rumours 2019

That explains, if it’s just an idea for the local series. Sorry, I should have checked it before posting but I was just so shocked of the thought...

7. Likes: cali (29th September 2018)
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Yeah, reason for it seemed to be making normal chicanes to slow down stages require too much effort and manpower that AKK were exploring other options such as virtual chicanes to force slowdown zones on stages. I was listening to it and only recall talk about AKK being behind it and the radio ppl said they should keep trying to innovate other solutions for the problem

9. Likes: AnttiL (29th September 2018),cali (29th September 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Very second-hand-information as I only read this on another forum, but apparently a person associated with FIA has spoken today at the Finnish Rally Championship event radio broadcast that FIA is planning some sort of "virtual chicanes" for WRC, where the drivers need to slow down to 40 km/h on a certain area or something of the kind. If it's true, it's just...I don't have words to describe...
    did gigigalli1s spirit possessed you ???

stop circulating stupid rumours... what are you ? some 12 year old special kid that cannot filter the information it receives ?

why would they do that ? they find hay balls too expensive ???

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Here is something similar from Australia called "speed zone" I guess it's fine if It's in a remote area where there's not much to see anyway. Would suck a bit if it was just before a cool corner though.
    No hay bales to hit at least which very often causes a lot of damage.

https://youtu.be/eXXV10bJcRQ?t=130
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Holy moly, what an idea. I have even better proposition - why don't they just come with an idea that the slowest guy wins the rally. No more do they need to worry about speedtraps or speed in general....

13. Likes: sonnybobiche (9th March 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    If there is a long straight and today you would put a chicane. You can instead add electronically controlled zone where for example the car has to slow down to 60 kph at some point within given 100m zone. You'd get sound or a light that turns on once you hit that speed and after that you are free to accelerate. Obviously there would have to be small penalties for either not slowing down enough or for not slowing within the given zone.

It sounds more artificial than chicanes from hay-balls but on the positive side:
    - no damage to car from hitting them
    - no unfair situation when the balls get moved
    - no need to address penalties for moving the balls
    - no need to have people on site to both move the balls and hand out penalties to drivers

So yeah don't get all the screaming going on here. Obviously it's better to have stages that don't need slowing down.

15. Likes: jonkka (30th September 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    If there is a long straight and today you would put a chicane. You can instead add electronically controlled zone where for example the car has to slow down to 60 kph at some point within given 100m zone. You'd get sound or a light that turns on once you hit that speed and after that you are free to accelerate. Obviously there would have to be small penalties for either not slowing down enough or for not slowing within the given zone.

It sounds more artificial than chicanes from hay-balls but on the positive side:
    - no damage to car from hitting them
    - no unfair situation when the balls get moved
    - no need to address penalties for moving the balls
    - no need to have people on site to both move the balls and hand out penalties to drivers

So yeah don't get all the screaming going on here. Obviously it's better to have stages that don't need slowing down.
    you should hang out with gigigalli1... your IQs are a perfect match...

17. Likes: cali (30th September 2018)