Page 288 of 344 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3437
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I just can not find the logic why Tänak should go to Hyndai? How do they fit there together with Neuville? One of them must accept to be number 2 in the team. Do not be number 2 in the team was the main reason for Tänak leave M-Sport. I can not see it is going to happen.

... and like always disclaimer for this kind of statements: we probably didn't see Loeb to Hyndai scenario as logical one neither.
    I think money is a factor, either as a wage from Hyundai or using it as a bargaining chip with Toyota. But also, if Hyundai has a new car next season, there's a chance they will be telling stories about how many hours and €€€ they've put into development, and look at our facilities and engineering team etc etc and that could also be an element.

Personally, I don't want it to happen, because having the top three drivers in different teams is good for competition. Reminds me slightly of when Hirvonen went to Citroen, it neutered the fight.
    Last edited by tomhlord; 7th August 2019 at 08:42.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Personally, I don't want it to happen, because having the top three drivers in different teams is good for competition. Reminds me slightly of when Hirvonen went to Citroen, it neutered the fight.
    Agree, Hirvonen to Citroen was a perfect case of "buying off" competition so they are no longer a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    for sure all this talk its going to raise his salary for next year.
    I am actually wondering if Hyundai is doing that just make Toyota (or MSport) pay more money for him, knowing fully well it is very unlikely he will go to Hyundai.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Would M-Sport offer Breen to drive Germany? Would Hyundai offer him more drives in order not to go with M-Sport?

4. Likes: mknight (7th August 2019)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Would M-Sport offer Breen to drive Germany? Would Hyundai offer him more drives in order not to go with M-Sport?
    Yes to both from me. Probably that's where it stands atm, deciding what's better and/or bargaining with Hyundai (they'd offer GB and he bargains for more (TUR, AUS)).

EDIT: If he does Germany in Fiesta he should have no trouble being fastest Fiesta (beating Suninen) and likely also beating all Hyundais unless they made some big changes since Corsica.
    Last edited by mknight; 7th August 2019 at 09:34.

Liked 96 Times in 41 Posts
    Why would Mads go to London? M-Sport?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Anyone read the Autosport plus article about Toyota / Meeke?.... David Evans and Meeke clearly no longer pals!

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    M-Sport is a looooong way from London.

There are definitely better ways to get there other than through London.

9. Likes: cali (7th August 2019),Portimao (7th August 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Teams spend months testing for little changes/upgrades, now you're asking to Toyota to radically alter the wing on a car that has been set for years, and is so strong on the aerodynamic front. Not good news and a huge oversight from the FIA here...
    Yep, it looks like another FIA mess but mid season rules ‘clarifications’ aren’t that rare in motorsport; if all the other manus are now convinced that the FIA wrongly approved Toyota’s rear wing, this could be a reasonable way to avoid a nasty WRC crisis (with probes, penalties and appeals). Let’s hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Agree, Hirvonen to Citroen was a perfect case of "buying off" competition so they are no longer a threat.
    And so was Latvala to VW. Anyway, I still don’t see Tanak leaving Toyota even if he fails to get the title; he’s performing on a dominant mode with the Yaris (just like Ogier in the Polo years or Loeb back in Citroen golden era), a level which he hardly would be able to reach in Hyundai or MSport. Besides, Toyota has been steadily solving the reliability issues and money is no problem for them to pay whatever Tanak asks. Time will tell.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Portimao View Post
    Why would Mads go to London? M-Sport?
    Maybe it's the time all of drivers are seeking oportunites especially that ones who don't have drive in WRC squad.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Anyone read the Autosport plus article about Toyota / Meeke?.... David Evans and Meeke clearly no longer pals!
    What did say? Or write?