Page 286 of 344 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3437
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    If the car doesn't fit the regulations it's perfectly ok to say that no matter what is homologated. The one who points such thing out is not the one to blame.

Anyway the problem lies usually in bad work in writing the rules. There shall be no amguity.
    Yes absolutely true. Motorsports engineering has always been on the edge so this does not surprise at all that one will seek advantages. I just find the timing of all of this quite amusing. Interesting times ahead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

2. Likes: EstWRC (6th August 2019)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Make no mistake this could effect the yaris' handling. You see how tiny, barely noticeable modifications can effect teams at the front of the car, and how long it's taken Citroen to come up with a better aero package (particularly with the position/size/angle of rear wing).

Teams spend months testing for little changes/upgrades, now you're asking to Toyota to radically alter the wing on a car that has been set for years, and is so strong on the aerodynamic front. Not good news and a huge oversight from the FIA here...

4. Likes: cali (7th August 2019),steve.mandzij (6th August 2019)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    great news for Ott while fighting for the title.....

and hmmmm, Citroen discovering it? interesting...
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

6. Likes: cali (6th August 2019),steve.mandzij (6th August 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Well it's not like you are apologizing on how many rallies he won with "unfair" car?

As to the conspiracy theories I noticed on Saturday mid-day mediazone Adamo and Milner had a long and seemingly "important" talk just in the mediazone. That seemed really strange since it was middle of the rally. Maybe this was the topic of their talk.
    --------
    Anyway I re-checked back to the latest Fiesta aero modifications in Mexico that were almost impossible to see and were on the order of a few cms:
    https://www.wrcwings.tech/2019/03/07...wrc-in-mexico/
    and MSport did acually use a homologation joker (449/08) on that as seen in the list:
    https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...02.08.2019.pdf

So 3 cms along the whole width of the wing is definitely going to be noticed.

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Not sure if Ott is confirmed at Toyota next year, but this may play a part in his decision between M-Sport and Toyota.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Not sure if Ott is confirmed at Toyota next year, but this may play a part in his decision between M-Sport and Toyota.
    I doubt exactly this will, given the Toyota performance in Finland and MSport weak outing it certainly looks much less likely he will leave than after the Sardinia disaster.

Anyway C. Clark, right now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1Gv_ytvtM
    adds some rumors about M.Martin talking (possibly about Tanak) with Hyundai and that they are willing to use a lot of money on him. I find it really weird that he should go to Hyundai, either Toyota or MSport imo. But hey I also thought Loeb to Hyundai sounded insane and it happened.

----------------
    I don't really agree with him about Breen. Yes he did very good job, but one good outing is imo not enough to put him on top of the list of drivers wanted for next season as he puts it. After all in Citroen last year he was much less reliable than Østberg. Sure it should be enough to get him another outing or two this year (GB and or Turkey or Australia).

----------
    He also hints quite a lot on a Paddon outing soon. That sounds like MSport instead of incapacitated Evans.

--------------
    His complete silence on the topic of Meeke probably explains how it looks on that front.

10. Likes: AnttiL (7th August 2019)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    If it’s wrong, it’s wrong...I’m pretty sure that had Citroen or anyone else noticed previously, it would have been pointed out. Why would they ‘allow’ Toyota to continue to beat them with a part they know to be incorrect? Makes no sense.
    The Matton statement is bizarre, the context is so ambiguous that it’s like he is trying to play down the fact the car has been illegal for so long.
    Weird all round this one...be very interesting to see what changes have to be made.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I doubt exactly this will, given the Toyota performance in Finland and MSport weak outing it certainly looks much less likely he will leave than after the Sardinia disaster.

Anyway C. Clark, right now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1Gv_ytvtM
    adds some rumors about M.Martin talking (possibly about Tanak) with Hyundai and that they are willing to use a lot of money on him. I find it really weird that he should go to Hyundai, either Toyota or MSport imo. But hey I also thought Loeb to Hyundai sounded insane and it happened.

----------------
    I don't really agree with him about Breen. Yes he did very good job, but one good outing is imo not enough to put him on top of the list of drivers wanted for next season as he puts it. After all in Citroen last year he was much less reliable than Østberg. Sure it should be enough to get him another outing or two this year (GB and or Turkey or Australia).

----------
    He also hints quite a lot on a Paddon outing soon. That sounds like MSport instead of incapacitated Evans.

--------------
    His complete silence on the topic of Meeke probably explains how it looks on that front.
    What do people like this tabloid stuff. Clark, with all due respect, is not a journalist, just a chap that talks about rumours he has heard.

About Meeke performance. Just looked at on board. What a tiny.. tiny mistake. He did not deserve that. Latvala was a bigger impact, and he got away with it, and was a hero. The margins are soo minute.

Both his time mates are in there 2nd year in the Yaris and also.. also, not a small issue, Kris Meeke missed 2nd part of last season, and hasn't done any of these events for 2yrs, some stages were even completely new to him, with only 2 passes at 30mph recce. You can say what you like, what he was doing was actually quite remarkable. Nobody was telling him to slow down when was Toyota 1,2,3? If they did.. it was soo tight at the top, is impossible to drive 0.5% slower, without sliding right back to 8th.

Everyone expected Tanak to walk it on Saturday.. but Meeke was on the hunt. If only he had finished that morning loop, I think Tanak would have been under pressure, and maybe its he would have made the mistake? Who knows. But Meeke was also only 2s off Tanak in Portugal Sunday morning, before the spin. Tanak is not invincible... just very very quick, and now very very reliable. Meeke has always been quick, and to be fair, his indecreations this year have been small. With Germany, Spain, GB, OZ are all events Meeke has done well in. I hope he has a few incident free rally now to the season end. He would really benefit from a 2nd season, I think Toyota know that, but he just really needs to string it together. A Tanak none finish, and a Meeke win, keeping Toyota in the Manufacturers title hunt... all could be redeemed.

13. Likes: cancan (7th August 2019),Norm75 (7th August 2019),steve.mandzij (7th August 2019)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Meeke hasn't been stellar this year but he's been far from the total Trainwreck everyone makes him out to be.

15. Likes: cali (7th August 2019),doubled1978 (7th August 2019),Entertainer (7th August 2019),er88 (7th August 2019),Jewy46 (7th August 2019)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Meeke hasn't been stellar this year but he's been far from the total Trainwreck everyone makes him out to be.
    agreed...

but how many years i have to listen this IF, IF AND IF about Meeke ? IF he hadnt had puncture, IF he hadnt crashed, IF he gets it together he will win and etc.

i really liked the new Meeke in the beginning of the season, very mature and calm approach and decent results but it changed about Rally Chile time or so and since then he has had mistakes on every round.

Team principals want results and he hasnt brought them. Im afraid this will be for sure his last season in the series.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

17. Likes: Allez Andruet (7th August 2019),AnttiL (7th August 2019),pantealex (7th August 2019),steve.mandzij (7th August 2019)