Page 281 of 344 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3437
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Hmmm... I'm hearing they (Jouhki and crew) want Kalle to head to MSport for a 1 yr only deal.

I would think this mainly because Toyota is trying to groom Katsuta. Bringing Kalle onboard will make Katsuta look bad to be honest.

I actually think Kalle is fairly mature for his age and experience. He can be a 3-5th place finisher and bring strong points while building his skill. I would pick Kalle over Taka-San, but tell that to Mr. Toyoda.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 5th August 2019 at 07:16.

2. Likes: AnttiL (5th August 2019),steve.mandzij (6th August 2019)
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    I actually think Kalle is fairly mature for his age and experience. He can be a 3-5th place finisher and bring strong points while building his skill.
    Depends a lot on the rally. Just take Suninen and Lappi, in Poland and Finland they had stage wins right off and win / fight for podium. Then in rallies like Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Turkey they were minutes behind everyone last year and sometimes also this year.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Hmmm... I'm hearing they (Jouhki and crew) want Kalle to head to MSport for a 1 yr only deal.

I would think this mainly because Toyota is trying to groom Katsuta. Bringing Kalle onboard will make Katsuta look bad the be honest.

I actually think Kalle is fairly mature for his age and experience. He can be a 3-5th place finisher and bring strong points while building his skill. I would pick Kalle over Taka-San, but tell that to Mr. Toyoda.
    Katsuta will be disaster in a WRC machinery and this comes with no disrespect at all. He just is not ready at all. Even Meeke is less accident prone than Taka-san

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (6th August 2019),the sniper (5th August 2019)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Katsuta will be disaster in a WRC machinery and this comes with no disrespect at all. He just is not ready at all. Even Meeke is less accident prone than Taka-san
    I agree.. he pushes a lot and makes a lot of mistakes. Lets see how he does in Germany. My guess is he gets beat by a few WRC 2 guys.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I agree.. he pushes a lot and makes a lot of mistakes. Lets see how he does in Germany. My guess is he gets beat by a few WRC 2 guys.
    My guess would be Greensmith level on gravel. Difficult to say about tarmac though.

Liked 263 Times in 163 Posts
    Some guys just isn't great and he is one of those guys. Great that they see potential in him, but eventually no one will be interested in him except japanese-finish. And out there are many young drivers with far more proven potential than him. I would say Bergvist, Solans, Gryazin and Ingram.

9. Likes: Rallyper (6th August 2019)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Listening to rumors in various estonian sources - it seems that Meeke is as good as gone from TGR after this season and JML has "last warning". If either of them make stupid mistakes and ignore team strategy again, then they may get sacked mid-season.

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (6th August 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    My guess would be Greensmith level on gravel. Difficult to say about tarmac though.
    No doubt about it that Katsuta has pace, but he is so inconsistent with a lot of crazy mistakes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    Listening to rumors in various estonian sources - it seems that Meeke is as good as gone from TGR after this season and JML has "last warning". If either of them make stupid mistakes and ignore team strategy again, then they may get sacked mid-season.
    Maybe, but who can replace them on short notice?
    Lets say after germany for one of them?
    Tiedemann, paddon, breen? Østberg?
    Rovenpära or katsuta is too early.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Well, I will agree that Katsuta in a WRC car will be a disappointment in some rounds. However, given his background, he should do reasonably well in Germany and, despite the pressure, very well in 2020 Rally Japan which is the main objective of drafting him into the team this season! For those unfamiliar, he was a leading driver in Japan F3 before following in his father's footsteps by competing in the Japan Rally Championship rallies, which is mainly narrow tarmac.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

15. Likes: pantealex (5th August 2019),steve.mandzij (6th August 2019)