Page 261 of 344 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3437
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    well, dont take it with 100%, its just my guess and Evans wasnt also sure on that podcast, but Lappi didnt test with the new aero in Estonia and Finland tests were also done with the old aero, as you can see it from the vids.

Maybe theres some other updates besides aero.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Lappi (translated from the video):

The season's been horrible. There is that one good result (Sweden), but it doesn't change the overall picture. It's been really challenging. The car has not suited my style and thus I've been trying to push too hard which has lead to mistakes. We made some progress during Portugal and Sardegna, but I feel like it's not enough. Ofcourse I've been thinking if the move (from Toyota to Citroen) was wrong because I've been hitting my head against the wall, but on the other hand I just make it harder for myself if I keep thinking about that. So it doesn't make sense to put any energy into that. The only goal I have (regarding Finland) is to finish. We'll see if that's good enough.
    Great to hear honesty like this and not just pr bullshit.

I suppose if Lappi found a drive elsewhere maybe Citroen would break the contract and let him go. No point continuing if it’s not working for either of them.

I would quite like to see Lappi in M-Sport, I believe in him more than Suninen.

3. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (21st July 2019),steve.mandzij (21st July 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Great to hear honesty like this and not just pr bullshit.

I suppose if Lappi found a drive elsewhere maybe Citroen would break the contract and let him go. No point continuing if it’s not working for either of them.

I would quite like to see Lappi in M-Sport, I believe in him more than Suninen.
    I dont think its just Lappi stuggling, Ogier is struggling too, but has managed to cling onto the championship, through skill, luck, and other misforutune. He too know he cant stay around there much longer, unless there is big improvements soon.

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (21st July 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    I just remember how Lappi praised the C3 saying it is better than the Yaris. Seemed to be strange at that time and now I guess he regrets it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

7. Likes: EstWRC (21st July 2019),pantealex (21st July 2019),steve.mandzij (21st July 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I just remember how Lappi praised the C3 saying it is better than the Yaris. Seemed to be strange at that time and now I guess he regrets it.

Where did he say this? I remember him commenting on the engine differences, nothing else.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Where did he say this? I remember him commenting on the engine differences, nothing else.
    I read it in our local media maybe was lost in translation but that was the comment after the first tests.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    i ve read it too.
    If i remember correct,he said that he cant understand all this talk about how bad the c3 was.And that was after he had tested the car.

11. Likes: cali (21st July 2019),EstWRC (21st July 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Could be a translation issue as IIRC Lappi has been quite cautious with statements regarding the C3 from day one. The only pure comparison I remember was about the engine characteristics, probably the same AnttiL already mentioned.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post

This was on test before Monte, he said basically 2 things:

- that the car wasn't so tricky as people say

- that notably the engine and gearbox were better (this part was likely related to the stalling issues under breaking in Yaris)

Monte test was dry+wet + snow tarmac though, not gravel. But I think he did some gravel test in Portugal at end of 2018 too.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    This was on test before Monte, he said basically 2 things:

- that the car wasn't so tricky as people say

- that notably the engine and gearbox were better (this part was likely related to the stalling issues under breaking in Yaris)
    If we're referring to same sources, here's what Lappi actually said:

https://www.rallit.fi/esapekka-lappi...n-kierroskone/

Interview with a Finnish rally site, published on the week Lappi had his second Monte PET session. Interview in Finnish, text in Finnish.

The car has potential but especially on gravel we need to work more to get that potential out. There's unused potential on aerodynamics area. We're lacking downforce on gravel. The engine philosophy is different between Citroen and Toyota. With Toyota you have more torque where as Citroen has more power on higher revs. I don't know which one is better or faster, but that's one major difference. The gearbox and transmission seem to be working better on C3 than they did on Yaris. That's a clear step forward.

https://www.rallit.fi/esapekka-lapil...oyotaa-edella/

Another one, published after the first Monte PET session in December 2018. This Finnish article refers to an interview Lappi had done with rallye-magazine.de, so the quotes we see have probably been through a translation process of English => German => Finnish.

The car didn't feel difficult to drive. On some areas the Citroen engine has more power than Toyota, which is slightly better to drive (hard to figure out, what EP actually meant - sounds like a clumsy translation to me). On the transmission side Citroen is clearly ahead. The car has potential especially on gravel, and we want and plan to use it. It's harder to see (the road) from the cockpit of C3 as the windscreen is narrower and the front of the car is really high.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan