Page 250 of 344 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3437
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Tanak leaving Toyota at all looks highly unlikely with the money on offer and a fast car; but now there's even Hyundai's Mr Adamo saying he would be happy to take him and create a Super-Team...

I'd love, really love, to have Tanak back home at M-Sport. But I just dont see it happening.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    As of right now, Tanak himself prefers to stay at Toyota. He is also in the position to make demands due to his position.

The only question is how much money will the other teams have to offer. I agree with what others have said where if he is offered big bucks from another team and TGR cannot come close, he will leave.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    As of right now, Tanak himself prefers to stay at Toyota.
    Yep, BUT as for right now

He is also in the position to make demands due to his position.
    there have been some jokes in estonian media and forum that Mr.Toyoda will give him a blank sheet of paper and he can write whatever he likes there

The only question is how much money will the other teams have to offer. I agree with what others have said where if he is offered big bucks from another team and TGR cannot come close, he will leave.
    But who could it be? i cant see any other team making a better (bigger) offer than Toyota, only one who may come close is Hyundai but even Adamo admitted in the autosport article they probably cant afford it. Hyundai already has to pay for Neuville, Mikkelsen, Sordo, Loeb. I cant see Ott in Hyundai anyway.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 5th July 2019 at 19:18.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Even if it`s a worse car and/or includes teammates who are his biggest rivals? How could this fit into his WDC plans?
    As he has invested his money and its earning itself back, quite well probably, as TGR/TMR is one of his customers (in a joint-venture with Märtin)...don`t know but possibly he has other good investments also, so a good life after WRC is secured, but how much is the title worth? Not measurable in money i think.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 6th July 2019 at 11:06.

5. Likes: pantealex (5th July 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    there have been some jokes in estonian media and forum that Mr.Toyoda will give him a blank sheet of paper and he can write whatever he likes there
    And it probably isn't that far off to be honest. Everyone knows the game; you wanna win, you MUST sign Tänak. Simple as that. I think mr Toyoda is willing to put his hands deeper in his pockets than we've ever seen before in this sport. I'd say Tänak, in his current unbeatable mode, is getting 10+M€ per season for his services in 2020 and beyond. As much as I wish Tänak would go back to M-Sport and make them truly great again, but he simply can not turn down the offer he's likely to receive from Toyota (via Mäkinen ofcourse).
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Not as much as Mr. Toyoda, who is probably just one phonecall away from his leading driver. Ford`s leadership on the otherhand....probably would take away every penny, if they even can afford it next year.
    For me it's this logic that just kills any thought that Tanak could go to M-Sport.

I don't think it's far-fetched to imagine a scenario where Mr Toyoda, as President of the sixth-largest company in the world by revenue, the world's largest automotive manufacturer, gets on a plane and flies to Estonia to personally ask Tanak to stay with Toyota. I can also imagine that James Hackett, President and CEO of Ford, has no idea who Tanak is...

On the basis of current cars and team performance alone, you can make an argument for him moving to M-Sport. But looking at the bigger picture, it'd be ridiculous for him to leave, even if M-Sport could get major backing from a big sponsor like Monster Energy.

8. Likes: cali (6th July 2019),EstWRC (6th July 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (6th July 2019),KKS (7th July 2019),Rally Hokkaido (6th July 2019),Timmy (6th July 2019)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    I'm surprized that M-Sport don't get Monster... or DC or any of Block's companies! Mind Blown!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    DC is not Block`s owned anymore if i remember correctly.

Liked 97 Times in 46 Posts
    + RedBull Media House blocks or at least heavily limits competitor visibility, like seen in Catalonia 2018 with P.Solberg & Block

12. Likes: racerx1979 (6th July 2019)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Japanese mentality is extremely different and complicated for most to understand. I'm married to one and spend a lot of time in Japan. I told my wife Mr Toyoda will pay Tanak whatever he wants. She told me first Tanak has to show he is loyal to TGR and then he will get rewarded (but it sounds harsh when written). If he says openly he is talking to other teams before making a decision it will come out as if he's only in this for himself and would be a foolish thing to do in Japanese culture. Surely, Toyoda-San understands that Tanak does not know any Japanese customs, but the higher ups don't always have the same mentality.

Trust me, I'm surprised the way Japanese culture works. I do love many aspects of it, but some are very different. The food is amazing and people are beyond kind. If you haven't already paid a visit, you must add it to your list. That being said it is very difficult to do business with the Japanese. They have specific ways to do things and if you want to change things even for the better, everybody gets confused and hesitant. They're a conformist culture. One of the few countries with 0% interest, but that's a different topic. Maybe Mr Toyoda is an evolved Japanese with different thinking, but if his higher ups are traditional it would not matter much.

Tanak's personality is always to be quiet and straight forward so it should be okay. One of the engineers at TGR told my wife in Japanese that they really like Finnish mentality as some ways are very similar to Japanese. He also said Finnish people like to have alone time and be quiet which they really admire and can relate too. I think this is a major reason why Toyoda chose TMR to run TGR. They get along quite well in many ways. Maybe I'm using too many acronyms or this is just TMI . And yes I know Tanak is Estonian, but he is a calm dude when compared to Meeke and JML who are pretty fired up and crazy lol.

My guess for 2020 is Tanak, Meeke and Kalle. This I think is the current plan unless Meeke and Tanak go elsewhere.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 6th July 2019 at 13:37.

14. Likes: cali (6th July 2019),EstWRC (6th July 2019),KKS (7th July 2019),Maui J. (7th July 2019),Nelly (6th July 2019),pantealex (7th July 2019),Rallyper (7th July 2019),rhm (6th July 2019),skarderud (6th July 2019),steve.mandzij (6th July 2019),the sniper (6th July 2019)