Page 245 of 344 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3437
    Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Mby N.O.T really had a point on certain country?

2. Likes: tommeke_B (3rd July 2019)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Hyundai joins the race to sign Ott Tanak for the 2020 #WRC season as team boss Andrea Adamo outlines his 'superteam' stance

https://t.co/1C7gKW1YOa

Tanak has already been linked with a possible return to M-Sport, but Autosport's sources indicate Hyundai is fast-becoming the most likely option if Tanak does move next

That is made up from Evans. But I can confirm that Hyundai has made an offer to him.
    I hope he will chose wisely. Hyundai is a great car but for several drivers has been difficult if not impossible to drive confidentially, and Thierry has an advantage to drive it for years and knowing all the team.
    Best case scenario for him would be a reliable Yaris imho but it seems they are really struggling with that.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I hope he will chose wisely. Hyundai is a great car but for several drivers has been difficult if not impossible to drive confidentially.
    Best case scenario for him would be a reliable Yaris imho, let's see
    Yes, Sordo has not managed to drive it on some rallies, but those are the rallies where he never did good. Paddon struggled on some rallies but he is a not a proved regular top contender. Then Mikkelsen struggled but he has not driven many WRC cars fast only Polo and C3 for 1 rally.....

but Loeb struggling and especially Loeb struggling on tarmac, that should be a huge warning.

I think and hope Tanak could go to MSport.

----------------------------

Tanak to Msport, Ogier winning drivers championship (so that Citroen puts in money for 3rd car) and Hyundai winning manu champ (so they stay, if rumors are true) that would be ideal situation for the championship. Toyota will stay anyway (for at least 2 years) with Rovanpera coming and Katsuta getting some starts.

Worst situation: Toyota and Tanak win, Hyundai leaves, Citroen only continues with 2 cars next season and leaves after Ogier's contract ends and MSport doesn't have/use money on other drives and continues like this year.
    Last edited by mknight; 3rd July 2019 at 18:50.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I think and hope Tanak could go to MSport.
    I also hope. But I think Mäkinen and Toyoda can make an offer he can't refuse

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (3rd July 2019)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    ...just as I was listening to Godfather soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jdl9hcCeg
    Last edited by mknight; 3rd July 2019 at 18:50.

8. Likes: AL14 (3rd July 2019),AnttiL (3rd July 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Which will be a guarantee that they can get on top of the reliability.
    He’s not in it for the money right now. He wants to start winning championships and unless they can get the car sorted (especially if what was said by a poster on this forum regarding just how bad it is behind closed doors is accurate) then he’ll be off.
    He hasn’t committed his life to his goal to risk missing out just for a pot of cash, nope, he’s hungrier and more frustrated then ever to be a WDC and he’s probably thinking he could get one this year if his car had a blue badge in the front.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    He’s not in it for the money right now. He wants to start winning championships and unless they can get the car sorted (especially if what was said by a poster on this forum regarding just how bad it is behind closed doors is accurate) then he’ll be off.
    To quote Mike Tyson: everybody has a gameplan until they get punched in the face. And no, I don't mean that Tommi would jump on Tänak, but it's easy not to be in it for the money until you're actually facing a situation where someone's offering you 10M€ a season and the next best offer is for 5M€. Not saying those would precisely be the numbers, but they might not be that far off the ballpark either when it comes to bidding war between M-Sport and Toyota.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    To quote Mike Tyson: everybody has a gameplan until they get punched in the face. And no, I don't mean that Tommi would jump on Tänak, but it's easy not to be in it for the money until you're actually facing a situation where someone's offering you 10M€ a season and the next best offer is for 5M€. Not saying those would precisely be the numbers, but they might not be that far off the ballpark either when it comes to bidding war between M-Sport and Toyota.
    When he’s won a WDC, then he might chase the cash.
    Right now his priority is a championship and his desire will just be getting stronger the longer it takes.
    He’s got plenty of years ahead of him to build his bank balance.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    He hasn’t committed his life to his goal to risk missing out just for a pot of cash, nope, he’s hungrier and more frustrated then ever to be a WDC and he’s probably thinking he could get one this year if his car had a blue badge in the front.
    When he’s won a WDC, then he might chase the cash.
    Right now his priority is a championship and his desire will just be getting stronger the longer it takes.
    He’s got plenty of years ahead of him to build his bank balance.
    This is what I think Ott is thinking too but I'm afraid the stack of millions on the table will be just too high for anyone to skip.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 3rd July 2019 at 20:03.

13. Likes: pantealex (3rd July 2019),racerx1979 (3rd July 2019),T16 (3rd July 2019)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Most sensible choice would be to choose for the money, if there's a big difference. Don't forget that with new regulations, everything we have right now could be gone within a few years, and then it's possible that there wouldn't be as much money to make anymore, even if you're the best driver in the world. A smart sportsman knows he has to make a financial "base" for the rest of his life, during those years when he's at his best.

15. Likes: EstWRC (3rd July 2019),pantealex (3rd July 2019),Rallyper (4th July 2019)