Page 23 of 344 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Really not sure if its realistic to get (pay) both Ogier and Lappi. Maybe it's more of a backup plan in case Ogier doesn't sign. In that case it sounds like good idea, unlike last year when in Matton's own word they let Mikkelsen go to focus on Ogier and ended up not signing anyone.

Anyway I repeat whan i wrote earlier. For the championship it's now important that Citroen gets good lineup and good results so that they stay in the series. Msport is not going to leave even with a weak lineup.
    Tbh yes it was poor management by Matton, but Andreas was always going to go to Hyundai over Citroen by all accounts. He went to Hyundai because he couldn't really drive the C3 and he felt he could challenge for the championship in the i20 and a car he felt at home in and quick.

Matton should've done more about looking outwith Ogier, but more in terms of going for a young up and coming driver or trying to get Sordo/Paddon to help me the team out for 2018. Mikkelsen was only going to Citroen if no other team offered him a drive for 2018 and Matton probably knew that.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Rally winner, PS winner and current 4th in the championship needs "years of development"... Guess there aren't too many complete drivers then to start with.
    well, Sordo is 6th with six events and two DNFs. Lappi is good but is he a champiosnhip material?! citroen should give Ogier an offer that he can't refuse and that's it. Sordo for the 2nd driver and Breen to find a job somewhere else

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis View Post
    Lappi is good but is he a champiosnhip material?!
    Lappi definitely is championship material, everyone who's able to win a rally and able to win PS on all surfaces is. That's a no-brainer. Is he ever going to win a title? That's another question altogether.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

4. Likes: AnttiL (6th September 2018),Eli (6th September 2018),er88 (6th September 2018),pantealex (6th September 2018),Rally Power (6th September 2018),steve.mandzij (7th September 2018),TWRC (7th September 2018),WRC1 (6th September 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Tbh yes it was poor management by Matton, but Andreas was always going to go to Hyundai over Citroen by all accounts. He went to Hyundai because he couldn't really drive the C3 and he felt he could challenge for the championship in the i20 and a car he felt at home in and quick.
    Honestly, it looked more the other way around: Mikkelsen would have signed with Citroen if Matton had offered him a seat in due time. Matton choose to keep waiting for Ogier and Hyundai took the chance to sign Mikkelsen.

To avoid repeating a similar flop, this year Citroen plan A should be trying to get Lappi ASAP and continue the talks with Ogier; if those fail (as expected) they still would guarantee a new strong leading driver.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: AnttiL (6th September 2018),sindroms (7th September 2018)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Erik Veiby said that Toyota has made offer to Lappi (so Toyota will not kick him out)

but also stated that Lappi has visited Citroen HQ resently.

I personally don´t see any point for Lappi to go Citroen if Ogier is there, he will never get equal chances. I also believe that Yaris is faster car, so better to be 2/3 driver in Toyota than in Citroen. Just my opinion.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

8. Likes: KKS (6th September 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Erik Veiby said that Toyota has made offer to Lappi (so Toyota will not kick him out)
    but also stated that Lappi has visited Citroen HQ resently.
    I personally don´t see any point for Lappi to go Citroen if Ogier is there, he will never get equal chances. I also believe that Yaris is faster car, so better to be 2/3 driver in Toyota than in Citroen. Just my opinion.
    Fair points; even Lappi admitted he would prefer to stay at Toyota! It's not easy for Citroen: they can’t promise Lappi first driver seat (probably the major argument for him to sign) but if they don’t get Ogier (that may not even depend on their offer) they risk having another wasted line up…
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Ostberg was the 2nd coming a month back, now he is not even missed in the conversation.

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (7th September 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    They don't even mention Ostberg at all. But he is currently only complete driver at Citroen with couple of decent and podium results. I have a feeling that he will again lose a seat... And Breen probably share again... Shitty team from the start.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    They don't even mention Ostberg at all. But he is currently only complete driver at Citroen with couple of decent and podium results. I have a feeling that he will again lose a seat... And Breen probably share again... Shitty team from the start.
    Østberg would be very good 3rd driver. If both Ogier and Lappi go to Citroen (which I doubt) then I'd pick Breen over him purely based on age.

ATM I rate him above Evans and in terms of results also above Suninen, not much future potential though.

Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Ostberg was the 2nd coming a month back, now he is not even missed in the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    No offense guys, but you really make me remind these fellows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpgGwGIqccc
    Rally addict since 1982

15. Likes: AnttiL (6th September 2018),leighton323 (8th September 2018),pantealex (10th September 2018),peter_85 (7th September 2018),TWRC (7th September 2018)