Page 224 of 344 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3437
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    However, being a rallyfan since the 60´s for sure there has been dirty tricks.

But - today we find it done openly and more aggresive than I ever seen before. And that development is not good. Also ruins the spirit of sportmanship I always thought rallying was.
    Remember like father like sons, meaning cheating and dodging might become even more aggresive on National basis, affecting the group of amateur drivers still wanting to follow the rules...

I don´t know. Maybe a bit naive.
    You're not alone. Such things also lower the value of the rallies they enter, in terms of the "real competition".
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Why they complain. They barely have any tests, only two cars on the field. It's their fault, not the other teams. Man that Ogier can't stop. How long when he will be against his pal Tanak...

3. Likes: COD (13th June 2019),KKS (13th June 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    1086/5000
    "I have no comment about these accusations," said Andrea Adamo at the microphone of Olivier Gaspard, RTBF's special envoy to Sardinia, "We have never been told to do anything. something against other crews, I think he attacked me, Andrea Adamo, as the Hyundai team leader, but I do not think he has anything against me personally, because I do not I've never done anything, honestly, I have nothing to blame myself, I forget all that, I understand when the drivers are really energized after a rally, and I'm not the guy who will react to that, I understand these reactions, I saw Mr. Budar (the boss of the Citroën team, Ed) at a dinner after, and we spoke as we always speak. We are not here to deteriorate the atmosphere Everybody needs it to be good, that's not how I work, but it's clear that everything we can do to win by following the rules We will do it, everyone is here to win, not to be nice and spend their evenings together. "

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ge?id=10244815

5. Likes: KKS (13th June 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    3814/5000
    "What is happening is not fair," Budar said in Autosport. "This is a way to circumvent the rule of the number of trial days established by the FIA. We have asked the Federation to consider every national rally in which a manufacturer competes with a P1 pilot as 'proof'. If you employ a young talent in development or a 'gentleman driver', then it is different. But as long as they use P1 pilots, we're sure they'll be testing something. "

"I understand that it is good to have World Rally Cars in the national championships and that this helps to promote the rally in those countries, so that the media and the fans see the cars. But these manufacturers' appearances should be with other pilots, so that other competitors have the opportunity to drive these World Rally Car. That is our only request. For now, we do not plan to participate in national rallies, "said Budar.

The statements of the director of Citroen Racing come to account for two key factors. The first one has to do with the regulations established by the FIA ​​for the WRC in 2019. In order to reduce costs, the Federation had reduced the limit of days of previous tests for teams from 55 to 42 days.

However, the second key factor is that Hyundai and Toyota have used their bulky budget to compete with their World Rally Car events in Finland, France and Belgium, where the latest generation WRC are allowed to compete. To cite only some cases: Toyota has played the Itaralli and Riihimaki Ralli of Finland with Takamoto Katsuta, while Hyundai did the same in this last Nordic test along with Jari Huttunen, who will also play the Pohjanmaa Ralli this weekend with the i20 WRC

Apart from this, Hyundai has more scheduled appearances with Sebastien Loeb, who will take an i20 WRC to the Rallye Vosges in France, also this weekend. Then, during the next month of July, the Alsatian will play the Rally of Alba, in Italy, again with his World Rally Car. In turn, Thierry Neuville will be present in the Ypres Rally of Belgium with another i20 WRC in July.

Based on these incursions and the criticisms of Budar, Hyundai Motorsport director Andrea Adamo said: "It's not that I understand or do not understand his position. I just do not care. There are rules and I am using them. I think Pierre (Budar) is a good guy who does his job well. But he has to understand that there are certain rules and there are things that are allowed ».

"I can see that he is doing his job very well despite the conditions his team has. But he simply may not have the budget that others have, "added Adamo. "I simply come here to do the best I can according to the rules and the possibilities I have. I can not complain about something that can be done ».

In tune with Adamo, Toyota sporting director Kaj Lindstrom said that increasing the number of test days could be a good response to this situation. "What do we do if one of our cars leaves a stage and rejoins the next day through Rally 2? Are we also going to tell that as if it were a day of testing?", The Finn joked. "For me, rehearsals are not the same as a rally. With Katsuta we have only worked on his learning stage ".

"It's natural that this kind of thing starts to happen when the trial days are reduced. If doing a national rally means a problem for others, then let's increase the number of test days again. But what happens if there is a rally that we must do for promotional reasons? Are we also going to use a test day for a promotional rally? If it's a rally, then it's not a test! "Lindstrom concluded.
    http://motorboxradio.com.ar/2019/06/...-dias-de-test/

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    My opinion is that this situation is just sad.

Where are the rally spirit and principles?
    They're not in alleged leaks about a team principal making one of his guy deliberately stop in the stage to put more sand on a rival, they're not in drivers denouncing such things if they are not 100% true.
    They're not in a team principal whining about another team making some rally outside the WRC.
    (...)
    In fairness, Budar complaint and Ogier claim shouldn’t be judged the same way. Budar has a point about national events being a way to bent testing limitations, which are there to help restraining manus budget escalation. Ogier has no point on making public accusations based on private infos, which no one can confirm and make little sense.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    In fairness, Budar complaint and Ogier claim shouldn’t be judged the same way. Budar has a point about national events being a way to bent testing limitations, which are there to help restraining manus budget escalation. Ogier has no point on making public accusations based on private infos, which no one can confirm and make little sense.
    I understand that but what I mainly wanted to say is that they should challenge the championship more in the stages and less in the microphones.

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    Didn't they say there is a World Motor Sport Council today that they'll be discussing the future of this sport (Hybrid's from 2022 or what not & next year's calendar)?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...vertrag-41056/

Sweden is in the WRC calendar for the next 3 years as today they signed a new 3 year contract with the promoter.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

11. Likes: AnttiL (14th June 2019),er88 (14th June 2019),KKS (14th June 2019),Morte66 (15th June 2019),pantealex (17th June 2019)
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    FIA WMSC decisions

13. Likes: Eli (14th June 2019),er88 (14th June 2019),Mirek (15th June 2019),Rally Hokkaido (14th June 2019),steve.mandzij (14th June 2019),the sniper (14th June 2019)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Slowly losing their relationship to road cars altogether. Don’t like that

15. Likes: AndyRAC (16th June 2019),GravelBen (14th June 2019),m-ast (14th June 2019),Rally Power (14th June 2019),the sniper (14th June 2019)