Page 210 of 344 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3437
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    so you think that starting with 4 drivers at more rallies will be a disadvantage for Hyundai.
    and all this,because once they tried they failed.
    There is always the option that you actually start to read what I write, but it looks it might be too hard. Somehow it always feels like you read 1/4 of the post, turn off your brain and hit reply... let's try one last time:

Running 4th car with current rules just to take driver points off the top 3 is expensive and with high-risk of failure.
    Both based on the one time Hyundai did it but also by analysing the normal results. Just yesterday I did a full analysis of how many points other drivers (Loeb, Sordo, Mikkelsen, Meeke, Latvala, Lappi, Suninen) took off the top 3 so far in the season (in Hyundai thread) . The average was about 0.7 points per rally. Sordo has 2 points/rally but that's only from 3 starts so it's quite uncertain. Note that 3 of the 7 drivers took zero points off the top 3 over 16 combined starts). So in the extreme you risk that in 16 rallies your 4th driver doesn't help in any way.

Even in the average case using all that money to take 1 point per rally doesn't seem to be good use of money. If It was Hyundai could have been doing that since end of 2017 and Toyota during whole 2018. Similar situation at Citroen where they decided not to run 3rd car this year.
    All of them think that using the money for car development is a better idea.

Now Toyota is trying to somehow combine both. We won’t ever really know how sucessfull the development part was. Overall it might be a good idea for a few rallies during the year but likely not for the majority of the season.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    There is always the option that you actually start to read what I write, but it looks it might be too hard. Somehow it always feels like you read 1/4 of the post, turn off your brain and hit reply... let's try one last time:
    man what happens with you?
    you said that running 4 cars has more possibilities to dont collect points,basing your opinion at when they tried once.
    Actually you said that more possibilities are to DONT collect points.
    Thats is plain stupid,to express it as politely as i can
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Obviously not, but the risk is there and it's not small, rather the opposite.
    About the cost factor,Hyundai wants a championship,and that they will try at all costs.
    Hyundai doesnt target to fix the cheaper points per euro this year.Specially after so many years without something to achieve.
    So its better YOU to read again what you write,before posting,not me.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    it sounds so weird to me that one forum member is so worried about the costs that the teams are running.

Like it would come out of his pocket.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: dimviii (23rd May 2019),pantealex (24th May 2019)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Good podcast interview with Julian Porter - season so far, news and rumours.

Absolute Rally: https://www.podbean.com/media/player...22b88-pb?vjs=1

6. Likes: b3637853 (24th May 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    it sounds so weird to me that one forum member is so worried about the costs that the teams are running.
    Yep, this amazing post-2016 era of WRC will more or less come to an end as such in few years with all the hybrid and electric stuff that's already around the corner (and I'm not against it). The more the teams spend during this time, the more cars we'll see on special stages and the more fun we'll have following it. Hard to see any cons on that.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    If you call high costs a problem, then I guess running 4th car is problematic. I just fail to see how this problem was demonstrated by Sordo finishing 4th. Especially I don't see, how Paddon and Mikkelsen's issues are related to this high cost problem.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Peugeot Sport
    ‏Verified account @peugeotsport

BREAKING NEWS // François Wales has been named as Director of #PeugeotSport, succeeding Bruno Famin who having led Peugeot Sport crews to victories at the 24 Hours at Le Mans, Pikes Peak & Dakar. He rejoins the @fia as Director of Operations for Sports. Massive thanks, Bruno!
    https://twitter.com/peugeotsport/sta...85167333318656
    Apparently, the new guy is responsible for PSA EV’s sport projects; hope this change won’t mean Peugeot will enter Extreme E, the new motorsport farce from Formula E promoters.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Apparently, the new guy is responsible for PSA EV’s sport projects; hope this change won’t mean Peugeot will enter Extreme E, the new motorsport farce from Formula E promoters.
    Really not the thing for WRC thread. They are not here for many years now. And PSA with Citroen doesn't count. They are separate team and if they are not interested in rallying on a high level I think that this info is not important for anybody.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Really not the thing for WRC thread. They are not here for many years now. And PSA with Citroen doesn't count. They are separate team and if they are not interested in rallying on a high level I think that this info is not important for anybody.
    Somehow everyting in motorsport is related. When manus decide to put money in a new series they just move it from the existing ones. This EE project looks to be a joke, with no capacity to affect off road and rally series in the future, but with FE marketing gang behind it it’s hard to tell.
    Rally addict since 1982

12. Likes: tomhlord (24th May 2019)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    I read recently that Germany and Corsica are hanging by on their finger tips as a result of Japan and Kenya knocking on the door. While I semi understand Corsica with the three people spectating the stages and the logistics (even though it is one of my personal favorites), why Germany?
    Why boot out the best tarmac event in the calendar with loads of fans, excellent atmosphere and crowd control? We have too many copy paste gravel events, why boot out Germany? From what I have understood, Japan is intended to be a tarmac event, correct?

Boot out Australia. It is retarded, boring and nobody likes it. It is hopeless logistically and like 50 percent of the 10 people annually spectating are always drunken morons that have passed out in on the actual stage road. Why is it even on the calendar?

14. Likes: BurgundyRedMamba (24th May 2019),cali (25th May 2019),EstWRC (24th May 2019),Nelly (24th May 2019),pantealex (24th May 2019),the sniper (24th May 2019)