Page 196 of 344 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3437
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    It's just teams giving Matton the hurry up to have it sorted next month. Which is understandable seeing as Matton hardly inspires confidence in anyone....

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    What about other classes like R5 and below... are they going hybrid too ?

I worry about the cost implications of this technology outside of WRC1 and Manufacturer teams.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    What about other classes like R5 and below... are they going hybrid too ?
    For sure not on the same schedule. Probably a new low-class hybrid/electric class is introduced at some point. Besides, lower classes aren’t in the marketing scope of manufacturers.

Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    Not sure about that, could be good and easy way to score for some niche produc(er)t or junior cup as long the dinos continue to sleep.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Sebastien Loeb al via del Rally di Alba con la Hyundai i20 WRC Plus

Not even time to celebrate the third place achieved at the weekend at the Rally of Chile that Sebastien Loeb and Daniel Elena are already ready to try their hand at a new adventure behind the wheel of the Hyundai i20 WRC Plus. Waiting to face the last two races (probably Germany and Spain) of the six scheduled (in the World Rally Championship) with the Korean team, the nine-time world champion specialty crew will be at the start of the Rally Vosges Grand Est, valid for the French championship (scheduled from 14 to 16 June) and the Rally di Alba, fifth round of the Italian WRC Championship. From Rome came the green light for the presence of the latest generation cars - if registered by an official team - in the six races of the three-color series on asphalt. "We are grateful for the hospitality that the Cinzano Rally Team offers us - says Andrea Adamo, Team director of Hyundai Motorsport - and we take this opportunity to allow Loeb to become more confident with our car in anticipation of participation in future rallies on asphalt. Thanks to the splendid roads that we will find at the Rally of Alba we will bring home a very positive experience ». The event will begin on the evening of Saturday 27 with the performance show in the industrial area of ​​the city. On Sunday, July 28, in addition to a new passage on the Alba special, timed sections will be played twice in the area of ​​Albaretto Torrre, Sino and Roddino, in the Municipalities of Igliano, Torresina and Paroldo and between Santo Stefano Belbo and Cossano Belbo for a special test dedicated to Moscato d'Asti. A total of 105 race kilometers will be held.

http://www.rallyemotion.it/news/2019...b-xEM1HkQjQI60

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    I don't understand why teams don't do more local rally's. It gives them the opportunity to get experience and set up the car without having to worry about the testing limit. They could do a rally every weekend on pretty much every kind of road if they wanted.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I don't understand why teams don't do more local rally's. It gives them the opportunity to get experience and set up the car without having to worry about the testing limit. They could do a rally every weekend on pretty much every kind of road if they wanted.
    Obviously Hyundai ("just") started to exploit this big time this year (Loeb 2 rallies, Neuville and Mikkelsen 1). I don't like it. Neither do I like Toyota's "exploiting".

Both increase the costs and potentially give them advantage over the teams that don't use so much money on this. Yes factory teams will do anything to gain advantage and the one with most money will always have some advantage, but that's why we have rules to try to limit this as much as possible. Otherwise we might just give up.

---------------------------------------

Anyway the Italian rally is 27-28. July, which is the weekend before Finland. Therefore it's highly unlikely that Loeb will drive in Finland. Will be interesting to see who drives there then.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Obviously Hyundai ("just") started to exploit this big time this year (Loeb 2 rallies, Neuville and Mikkelsen 1). I don't like it. Neither do I like Toyota's "exploiting".

Both increase the costs and potentially give them advantage over the teams that don't use so much money on this. Yes factory teams will do anything to gain advantage and the one with most money will always have some advantage, but that's why we have rules to try to limit this as much as possible. Otherwise we might just give up.

---------------------------------------

Anyway the Italian rally is 27-28. July, which is the weekend before Finland. Therefore it's highly unlikely that Loeb will drive in Finland. Will be interesting to see who drives there then.
    Msport has been "exploiting" this for years by selling and renting cars.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    The more WRCs are used, the better. Has been like that all the time one way or the other.

10. Likes: pantealex (22nd May 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Msport has been "exploiting" this for years by selling and renting cars.
    Not really in the last 2 years. As they said themselves they have sold almost no 2017+ cars and the renting in WRC rallies is a fair game. Also latest generation WRC car have been forbidden in most national championships for a while.

If you recall there was also some controversy about this in 2017 when Østberg (in Prokops team) was testing without using Msport days and FIA immediatelly responsed by changing the rules to counter that.

Anyway my point wasn't to show that one team is better than other, but that the whole idea (of allowing latest gen factory cars in local rallies) is a problem.