Page 2 of 344 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I guess all R5 cars quickly will be renamed R2, also older models, and the same for all carclasses exept R3, that will change to 4wd anyway.

I dont think this will be a problem for very long.

But to have a championship and a carclass called the same is at best strange.......
    No. R3 becomes R4, R4 becomes R3...

2. Likes: pantealex (6th August 2018),Sulland (5th August 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I guess all R5 cars quickly will be renamed R2, also older models, and the same for all carclasses exept R3, that will change to 4wd anyway.

I dont think this will be a problem for very long.

But to have a championship and a carclass called the same is at best strange.......
    Sorry but absolutely not. How are You going to explain that all the marketing job promoting R5 was in fact promoting hidden R2? How are You going to explain that the websites dedicated to the R5 cars were in fact dedicated to R2? How are You going to explain that all the catalogs, manuals, tools, spare parts with R5 written on them are actually all about R2 stuff? How are You going to explain the nonsensial change in event results from year to year in let's say twenty years?

Does it make sense to You? Seriously this is more than retarded proposal.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: m-ast (6th August 2018),Micke_VOC (6th August 2018),pantealex (6th August 2018)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    If nothing else, sticking with the 'R[Number]' nomenclature while completely reordering the system does seem like a ridiculous recipe for confusion on every level. At the very least, they'd need a new nomenclature.

6. Likes: dnb (22nd August 2018)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    I have to agree with N.O.T here, this thread is useless for 4 months.
    It will drop to the bottom of the first page for the time being. Big deal. Jesus.

8. Likes: tomhlord (6th August 2018)
    Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    This thread seems apt, but only for April 1st 2019!!

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I would open a new thread to vote wether this one is useful or not.

11. Likes: cali (6th August 2018),pantealex (6th August 2018)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Sorry but absolutely not. How are You going to explain that all the marketing job promoting R5 was in fact promoting hidden R2? How are You going to explain that the websites dedicated to the R5 cars were in fact dedicated to R2? How are You going to explain that all the catalogs, manuals, tools, spare parts with R5 written on them are actually all about R2 stuff? How are You going to explain the nonsensial change in event results from year to year in let's say twenty years?

Does it make sense to You? Seriously this is more than retarded proposal.
    Marketing: all people you are marketing towards will know within a short period of and understand that it things will have to change.
    Websites: this is easy to change. Most of this is manufacturers, and have people dedicated for IT.
    Documents: find R5, replace with R2.
    Historical results: put in a sentence on change of name by a date.
    In a few months this will be fixed, and the relatively few people this concerns, will all understand and be onboard.

Mirek, you think this is stupid, and try to find arguments to fight it off. I do the opposite.

I understand FIA on this issue, admitting that the R Class naming convetion is not logical compared to other competitions, and want to fix the error.

This is meant for non petrolhead people, to easier understand what kind of level a car is in the hierarchy. Also for drivers chasing sponsors that are not very familiar with rally classes.
    That a R5 car is driving in RC2 or WRC2 is the next quickest cartype is not logical to average joe.
    Using your logic you have to agree with this?

This is not a big issue, but I understand why the rally comission want rally to come in line with formula racings class logic.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    This is meant for non petrolhead people, to easier understand what kind of level a car is in the hierarchy. Also for drivers chasing sponsors that are not very familiar with rally classes.
    That kind of people really don't know about anything about rallying. And why he need to know the hierarchy of rally car classes if they barely know the sport. As I said they don't care and will not care even if they change these numbers after R.

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    So logically they would have to call WRC cars, R1 cars...

That sounds awful.

15. Likes: Eli (5th August 2018),pantealex (6th August 2018)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    But that Fia acknowledges a miss with R4, and will make a less expensive new R3 class with 4wd, is for many more youngsters more important.
    In the end it will turn out to be just as expensive as every previous try and unaffordable for young drivers.

17. Likes: pantealex (6th August 2018)