Page 324 of 344 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3437
    Liked 12,152 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Citroen happy with test of new aero...
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/octo...9--12-12-.html
    also on autosport now with little bit longer text https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...dical-aero-yet

“It’s also the first time that we use on Tarmac the new front geometry introduced in Finland. We also worked on the dampers side. Everything combined, we solved the understeering issue, which was our main issue on the last Tarmac rounds. We clearly improved the balance of the car and the drivers’ feeling confirms it.

But nothing replaces the race itself. What we don’t know yet is if it will be enough or not in terms of performance. But we will keep working flat out till the rally to be as competitive as possible.”

THIS....i remember they were also quite pleased after Germany tests, and even after shakedown....but later on the stages things turned out totally different.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: AnttiL (15th October 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Extremely weird that D. Evans writes about C3 performance on tarmac and mentions Meeke "almost winning" Corsica as the only indicator of how good it was ignoring that Meeke won in Spain and Mikkelsen was 2nd in Germany. Both of these is something I'd certainly rate higher than Meeke leading a rally by 16s with half stages to go.

This kind of thing happens in just about every article by him. Starting to feel he does these kind of small "mistakes" on purpose.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Extremely weird that D. Evans writes about C3 performance on tarmac and mentions Meeke "almost winning" Corsica as the only indicator of how good it was ignoring that Meeke won in Spain and Mikkelsen was 2nd in Germany. Both of these is something I'd certainly rate higher than Meeke leading a rally by 16s with half stages to go.

This kind of thing happens in just about every article by him. Starting to feel he does these kind of small "mistakes" on purpose.
    He seems to have a bad memory. In a recent podcast he says "Tänak was leading in Sweden...I think he was leading in Sweden?" then Edd Straw, an F1 guy, probably looks up the result and says "he won in Sweden". Same for Colin Clark, who rarely remembers in which rally a certain incident happened. But it's normal at their age. It's also difficult to listen to the latest Gravel Notes podcast with these two guys together trying to remember which of the Solans brothers won JWRC this year and who two years ago...
    Last edited by AnttiL; 15th October 2019 at 17:00.

5. Likes: tr4m (16th October 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Interesting things from Kitchen table with Adamo, not many of them....filled with a lot of "pub talk" in between:

- It was Alain Penasse who pointed out Breen for him before Finland. Quite surprising to me, thought that Breen's starts in Italy got him interested.
    - He said he either thrusts a driver or not, nothing in between (in an interview this should have been followed with questions on who he trusts atm, Mikkelsen? Breen? Loeb on tarmac?)
    (Note that this talk was done before Rally GB! Wonder how things changed now)

- likes how FIA works with him ( this year ), reacting to Toyota rear wing story. From the context you could read it as not being happy with the "mistake" (he calls it) that FIA did in 2017 in the first place

- agrees the need to follow "the times" with hybrid/electric, but then talks a lot about how hybrid should be used to drive electric on the road sections so comes out a bit confusing
    Last edited by mknight; 15th October 2019 at 21:47.

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/20...4--51-51-.html

In a nutshell, WRC 2 is for manufacturer-backed teams and FIA-sanctioned independent teams.

To qualify, you need a manufacturer name in the title of the team (Škoda Motorsport, for example) or you must have significant experience and ability as well as the necessary finances to tackle a full season for the governing body to sign you off for WRC 2.

For WRC 2 crews, a full season means seven of the eight European rounds and one of two designated rallies outside Europe. Titles will be awarded for drivers, co-drivers and teams.

The aim of the WRC 2 changes is to ensure the leading crews meet regularly through the season. Too often in the past, by accident or design, the second tier’s finest talents have avoided each other and scooped big points, even when restarting after a retirement.
    Seems already better than WRC 2 Pro

WRC 3 is designed for privateers, with only a drivers’ title on offer and far less stringent regulations about where and when you have to compete.

8. Likes: pantealex (17th October 2019)
    Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/20...4--51-51-.html

Seems already better than WRC 2 Pro
    (Belongs more to WRC+ topic) Just a hypothetical question: how much more interest could potential manufacturers show when WRC+/ALLLive could have separate program to cover only WRC 2 (as a fan I mean here WRC 2 Pro and WRC 2 by current naming policy)?

At the moment WRC2 (Pro) don't have enough coverage, but there are also really interesting battles.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    (Belongs more to WRC+ topic) Just a hypothetical question: how much more interest could potential manufacturers show when WRC+/ALLLive could have separate program to cover only WRC 2 (as a fan I mean here WRC 2 Pro and WRC 2 by current naming policy)?

At the moment WRC2 (Pro) don't have enough coverage, but there are also really interesting battles.
    I repeat the same as always - they don't have enough onboard camera kits to fully cover WRC2 in All Live, and often the schedule is too tight to extend the live broadcast.

As for a longer daily recap or even half-day recaps, they should definitely do it.

Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...eo-reports-say

Yes I know it's not WRC news, but she did have some impact on their WRC campaign....should be interesting to see what happens next...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    just yesterday i had mentioned Cowan for his amazing job with ralliart.

Today just opened my twitter and read that he passed.

RIP.

https://twitter.com/TolmanMsport/sta...11201219481600

13. Likes: EstWRC (17th October 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (17th October 2019),Micke_VOC (23rd October 2019),Mirek (17th October 2019)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    RIP Andrew Cowan - what a career in rallying before success with Mitsubishi Ralliart Europe.

https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...-andrew-cowan/

#M-SPORTER

15. Likes: EstWRC (17th October 2019),Mirek (17th October 2019),Rally Hokkaido (18th October 2019)