Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
    [QUOTE=Simmi;1194885]Why is the FIA pushing so hard for Corsica to remain? I assume certain people have certain personal interests in making sure it's still on the calendar.

Thank God!!!!! Every time they have to make up some space for new rounds the tarmac ones always get the short end of the stick There are so few of them...

Liked 683 Times in 325 Posts
    Was really looking forward to have Chile and Japan on-board. Japan on tarmac would be great, a round in asia that pleases Toyota.

Personally feel Sardinia had to go but it seems like it was only between Corsica and Germany, and between those two it had to be Corsica imo. Shame if that remains over Japan.

If Japan are covering the costs though, why can't they just run 15 rounds including Corsica and Japan, instead of 14 rounds with Corsica and no Japan? Sounds like it's Corsica that is the problem budget-wise, not Japan who foot the bill.

Liked 394 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanremo View Post
    Thank God!!!!! Every time they have to make up some space for new rounds the tarmac ones always get the short end of the stick There are so few of them...
    Japan was going to be a tarmac round...

Corsica over Japan seems like a terrible idea, particularly if Japan were indeed going to cover the travel costs.

4. Likes: EstWRC (12th October 2018),pantealex (12th October 2018)
    Liked 523 Times in 297 Posts
    Something is not adding up – why would you not include Japan? A motorsport World Championship should include Japan; F1, MotoGP & WEC all go there, so why not WRC? They’re even paying costs……

I don’t have a problem with Corsica, it’s one of the too few Tarmac events – but I’d drop Sardengna without too much thought; it’s has nice scenery, but is just another dry, dusty European event.

I don’t know what Chile was bringing (apart from £$£$£) when we already have Argentina & Mexico for the American continent.

There’s some muddled thinking as usual in the WRC. We always hear about costs, costs, and more costs – understandably so; but very little about value. Sometimes costs can bring in long term value and growth/ interest in the sport.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

6. Likes: dimviii (12th October 2018),er88 (12th October 2018),Sanremo (12th October 2018)
    Liked 242 Times in 141 Posts
    Ah but who's costs are we talking about? Call me a skeptic however suspect more is heading the promoters way from Chile than Japan.

As much as love Corsica having been to the event when it covered the whole island, I think in its current format it doesn't reflect the majesty this rally should really present. I'd put Japan in as long as it was tarmac and also was on roads that allowed for decent TV/WRC+ images unlike the previous gravel versions. As for Chile it is bit bizarre but at the moment nothing surprises me about motorsport as its the $ for the promoters that appears to be the primary driver.
    Last edited by Sal the 2nd; 12th October 2018 at 08:09.

8. Likes: dimviii (12th October 2018)
    Liked 1,742 Times in 816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Why is the FIA pushing so hard for Corsica to remain? I assume certain people have certain personal interests in making sure it's still on the calendar.

Surely with Toyota so heavily invested and rumours of Mitsubishi in talks - this is surely the sport shooting itself in the foot by dropping Japan...
    Yep, having 2 events in France is indefensible but looking at the way the promoter is rushing the Japanese entry it’s not an entire surprise having them waiting one year more: https://rallysportmag.com/is-this-th...rary-unveiled/
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 127 Times in 34 Posts
    Don't drop Sardegna, it's the cheapest one to travel to for me and it's always great :-)
    http://patrik-pangerl.com
    World Rally Photography since 2005

11. Likes: WRC1 (12th October 2018)
    Liked 1,920 Times in 820 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hype View Post
    Don't drop Sardegna, it's the cheapest one to travel to for me and it's always great :-)
    Sardinia will be there in June

Liked 1,983 Times in 818 Posts
    Regarding Sardinia - am I right in thinking that the promoter are essentially waiting to return the event to the mainland, but are keeping Sardinia in play as a stopgap until the right rally can be put together by the ACI?

I had a great time there this year but I'm not sure the teams love it.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

Liked 261 Times in 162 Posts
    I was told that if France got a F1 round then Corsica will get dropped by the FIA as the French Sports Federation people or who ever is in charge of sports in France wanted F1 but content with WRC if they couldn't get it.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"