Page 8 of 344 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    That just shows that he is nobody without powerful machine. And I think that he want badly Hyundai or Toyota, but I hope he will never get that seats there.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, he won 2 events in a row wit the Fiesta this season, was really happy and positive about the future, people thought that that was another beginning of his dominant driving, now that he has learnt the car. Hasn`t happened yet...

He is not nobody...he is currently one of three drivers you most definitely need, if you want a chance to get one of the titles.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 20th August 2018 at 20:07.

3. Likes: Hartusvuori (21st August 2018),steve.mandzij (20th August 2018),tomhlord (21st August 2018),WRC1 (20th August 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    That just shows that he is nobody without powerful machine.
    Absolutely, he has to be one of the worst drivers ever to drive a World Rally Car. I can't believe he was given a contract for this season. What was Malcolm thinking?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

5. Likes: pantealex (20th August 2018),Rally Power (21st August 2018),tomhlord (21st August 2018)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    So both the Fiesta and Ogier are bad...?

7. Likes: pantealex (20th August 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Absolutely, he has to be one of the worst drivers ever to drive a World Rally Car. I can't believe he was given a contract for this season. What was Malcolm thinking?
    On the topic of properly bad drivers at M-Sport, I think there's no way in hell Evans stays. Who's going to replace him? Surely not Camilli...

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, actually now that he has had the chance to mature in WRC2, a one-off would be nice to test his capabilities. Has done wonders in the past...

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    On the topic of properly bad drivers at M-Sport, I think there's no way in hell Evans stays. Who's going to replace him? Surely not Camilli...
    He did beat Sordo in Portugal. (which is about the only positive)

Anyway I don't get why people would suddenly want to kick half of wrc drivers. It's not like they are minutes behind, mostly the events are quite close. The drivers that were kicked recently were Lefebvre - who actually was minutes behind most of the time, crashed just about every rally and was sharing the seat in the first place. Haninnen - who similarly was minutes behind on most rallies, crashed and was relatively old. And Meeke who has been on "warning" for crashing by same team 2 times before (2017 and 2014?) and was actually kicked once by Mini/Prodrive.

Also whom would you replace 3-4 drivers with? Realistically I see only Tidemand as a clear candidate. Maybe Camilli, but not so sure. Huttunen or Rovanpera are not ready for full season yet.

11. Likes: skarderud (20th August 2018)
    Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Pardon my ignorance, was just wondering why more people are not talking about Tidemand as an option. Would think he surely deserves a chance by now?

13. Likes: pantealex (21st August 2018),tomhlord (21st August 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    He did beat Sordo in Portugal. (which is about the only positive)

Anyway I don't get why people would suddenly want to kick half of wrc drivers. It's not like they are minutes behind, mostly the events are quite close. The drivers that were kicked recently were Lefebvre - who actually was minutes behind most of the time, crashed just about every rally and was sharing the seat in the first place. Haninnen - who similarly was minutes behind on most rallies, crashed and was relatively old. And Meeke who has been on "warning" for crashing by same team 2 times before (2017 and 2014?) and was actually kicked once by Mini/Prodrive.

Also whom would you replace 3-4 drivers with? Realistically I see only Tidemand as a clear candidate. Maybe Camilli, but not so sure. Huttunen or Rovanpera are not ready for full season yet.
    Camilli was worse than Lefebvre, especially before his Germany accident (after which I'm adamant Lefebvre lost his speed). No pace, consistency, or improvement in 2016. He's been way better in WRC2 than I expected, but with only two events so far his career seems stagnant.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Haninnen - who similarly was minutes behind on most rallies, crashed and was relatively old.
    Hänninen's career was filled with gaps. In 2017 Monte Carlo he hadn't done a WRC rally since Finland 2015, which was his only rally in 2015. The beginning of the season seemed difficult for him, but he was finding his pace towards the end of the season, with good results in Finland, Deutschland and Catalunya.

I wouldn't replace 3-4 drivers, but Tidemand should earn a chance. Camilli has been too much out of rallying this year, Rovanperä and Huttunen should still do a year or two in WRC2. Maybe Kopecky could be the tarmac expert Hyundai needs to support the struggling Paddon and Mikkelsen and crashing Sordo?

16. Likes: Allez Andruet (21st August 2018),pantealex (21st August 2018),steve.mandzij (21st August 2018)