Page 171 of 344 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 3437
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Press release from Hyundai:

Hyundai Motorsport announces line-up for South American double-header

Hyundai Motorsport has revealed its crews for the forthcoming rounds of the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) in South America
    Thierry Neuville and Andreas Mikkelsen will contest both Rally Argentina (April 25-28) and Rally Chile (May 9-12)
    Dani Sordo will pilot the third Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC in Argentina before handing over to Sébastien Loeb for WRC’s newest round in Chile.

Alzenau, Germany

March 25, 2019 – Hyundai Motorsport will approach the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) double-header in South America with a combination of crews as it seeks a competitive advantage on two contrasting gravel events, Rally Argentina and Rally Chile.

Belgians Thierry Neuville and Nicolas Gilsoul, winners in Argentina back in 2017, will be joined by Norwegian crew Andreas Mikkelsen and Anders Jćger-Amland in both events, offering consistency from one of WRC’s established rallies to its most recent addition.

Spaniards Dani Sordo and Carlos del Barrio will line up in the Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC in Argentina, before handing over to Sébastien Loeb and Daniel Elena for Chile.

Rally Argentina, which has been won twice by Hyundai Motorsport crews in the past three seasons, offers the opportunity to recapture performances shown in Mexico earlier this month. Rally Chile, meanwhile, will be a brand new event, and therefore a level playing field, for all participants.

Team Director Andrea Adamo said: “We are looking forward with great anticipation to our South American double-header in Argentina and Chile. When looking at our line-up for these events we wanted to deliver a mix of consistency and also offer the opportunity to all our crews. Thierry and Andreas will participate in both events, and will be ready to compete at the highest level. For Dani, Argentina is an important rally, and we hope he will be able to show the same high rhythm and performance that he demonstrated in Mexico. Sébastien’s experience is like no other in WRC so to be able to make use of that in our first visit to Chile will be very important for us as a team.”

Rally Argentina takes place from April 25-28, with WRC’s inaugural Rally Chile following shortly after from May 9-12.

2. Likes: tomhlord (25th March 2019)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Loeb's experience of driving in Chile in the Dakar wont have done him any harm either.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Loeb's experience of driving in Chile in the Dakar wont have done him any harm either.
    No benefit either

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (25th March 2019)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    No benefit either
    It's still experience.

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    I'm not sure how you guys read the Hyundai's press release, but to me it sounds like Mikkelsen has no seat guaranteed anymore. Just a feeling.

8. Likes: tomhlord (27th March 2019)
    Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    Chile did not want Dakar but are hosting WRC. Is WRC seen as better value country promotion for the expense, by the analysis of the Chilean number/ financial people? Probably select roads in that area that might be a mix of roads similar to Argentina/ Brazil and Australia/ New Zealand. Expect WRC Chile could be a strong wrc rally place holder if it is well run. Probably be preferred to Turkey by competitors.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    It's still experience.
    Chile is expected to be a smoother and faster rally in the style of Wales and New Zealand. The value of Loeb's experience is to help find the setup to those roads quicker. But I can't see how a rally raid driven with completely different stages and cars will help in that.

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (25th March 2019)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi2 View Post
    Chile did not want Dakar but are hosting WRC. Is WRC seen as better value country promotion for the expense, by the analysis of the Chilean number/ financial people? Probably select roads in that area that might be a mix of roads similar to Argentina/ Brazil and Australia/ New Zealand. Expect WRC Chile could be a strong wrc rally place holder if it is well run. Probably be preferred to Turkey by competitors.
    Chile backed out of Dakar for environmental reasons, I think; you know, cars tearing up virgin land. Rally cars go on already established paths.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    I'm not sure how you guys read the Hyundai's press release, but to me it sounds like Mikkelsen has no seat guaranteed anymore. Just a feeling.
    Yeah he doesn't it seems, but I'd still expect him to do all the gravel rallies.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Well since he is not driving Corsica he obviously doesn't have guaranteed seat.

This press release is, however, completely neutral on that.
    If you mean they don't write something like "our regular drivers" then obviously, they can't write that just before starting a rally without him.