Page 282 of 344 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3437
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Maybe, but who can replace them on short notice?
    Lets say after germany for one of them?
    Tiedemann, paddon, breen? Østberg?
    Rovenpära or katsuta is too early.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    I would go with Paddon. IMHO he was quite solid last year, even on part-time schedule. Toyota needs his support drivers to keep cool head and deliver top6 results, i believe Paddon can do that.

2. Likes: GravelBen (5th August 2019),Rallyper (6th August 2019),steve.mandzij (6th August 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    I would go with Paddon. IMHO he was quite solid last year, even on part-time schedule. Toyota needs his support drivers to keep cool head and deliver top6 results, i believe Paddon can do that.
    Yes, he crashed before the event started.

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (6th August 2019),Winner (6th August 2019)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Yes, he crashed before the event started.
    Get some perspective... he hit an unavoidable rock in the middle of the road on a blind 6th gear corner. I'm pretty sure it was his first testing crash ever.

6. Likes: cali (5th August 2019)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    Listening to rumors in various estonian sources - it seems that Meeke is as good as gone from TGR after this season and JML has "last warning". If either of them make stupid mistakes and ignore team strategy again, then they may get sacked mid-season.
    Makinen isn't sacking anyone mid season. No way

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Makinen isn't sacking anyone mid season. No way
    Lets hope he doesnt have to. But if Meeke (or JML) screws up again, it might not be his decision. IMHO in Toyota it is not just another PR project, we have seen that Mr Toyoda himself takes great pride in their successes. That means it is personally important to Mr Toyoda. In Japanese culture showing proper respect is much more important than in western culture. He shows great respect toward Ott and other drivers if they perform well representing his brand. But make no mistake, if any of them disobeys direct orders and fails - this is not just some minor issue between subordinate and manager, this is also personal disrespect, disrespect towards brand and a slap in the face. He may overlook it once or twice but he will not forget and he will not tolerate it for long. You dont get to be boss of one of leading car manufacturers by turning other cheek.
    Last edited by Indreq; 6th August 2019 at 08:50.

9. Likes: argomees (6th August 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I also don't see them sacking anyone mid-season, but for sure this is the time when they make decisions about next year.

11. Likes: Rallyper (6th August 2019)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Honestly, Meekes issue at Finland while JML secured 2nd is a big one.

Secondly, Toyoda-San is extremely grateful to JML for the development help he provided in 2017. I think that will be the only thing that keeps JML on the squad for another year. BTW the Japanese love love love JML. This also may have something to do with it. A friend in Sapporo once told me he was a huge Makinen fan because Mitsu was a Japanese brand and Makinen was a champ. This started the love affair for Japan and Finnish drivers. Latvala is that guy now, except he has not won any championships, but he reminds them of the good old days. Maybe this is why Tommi-San is not too pumped about JML.. lol.

13. Likes: steve.mandzij (6th August 2019)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    From what I can read it seems pretty much confirmed that Corsica and Germany are booted out in favor for Japan and Kenya.

I can understand Corsica, but Germany?

It's well visited, liked by teams and fans, short haul for the teams and really well organized. I truly do not understand the reasoning here.

We have shit rounds like Australia that means sending everything on a ship half around the world to a crap rally on crap stages in the middle of nowhere, visited by maybe 20 drunk morons every year that lie down right next to the stage and risk getting run over.

Can someone understand the reasoning at the promoter and the FIA?

15. Likes: deephouse (6th August 2019)
    Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Yeah, Rally Deutschland is one of my favorite events, very central and practical for the teams, a big country that has a great influence over Europe, especially as far as car maunufactorer goes. As well as being a unique tarmac rally. I'm disappointed that it's getting dropped, and I wouldn't be surprised if the maunufactorers in the championship would be disappointed as well

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

17. Likes: Got Mail (6th August 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post

Can someone understand the reasoning at the promoter and the FIA?
    The name of the series. World Rally Championship. Also, money talks. But this is an endless discussion.

19. Likes: GravelBen (6th August 2019),Tauri_J (6th August 2019)