Page 7 of 344 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    im having a hard time believing Ogier goes to Toyota or rightly said, Toyota wanting Ogier. I mean, just a year ago after many months of negotiations the japanese rejected him and took Tänak instead, and now, one year later they decide they still want Ogier ? And like many have mentioned here in the past, Ogier didnt do any good for himself after he rejected Toyotas offer two years ago.

I will say the same what Tommi said after finland, it is good for the sport that Tänak, Ogier and Neuville are in different teams.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: jonkka (21st August 2018),pantealex (20th August 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    You all forget it! Contracts will be revealed after Wales like always..

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Citroën with Ogier JML and Sordo is like complete reversal of their driver strategy from last 4 years.
    It also leaves them without a single developing driver which I dont think is a good idea.
    Also not sure if JML wants to be second driver to Ogier (which broke him in VW), will also be similar to being second driver to Tänak.
    But I could see one of those 2 + Sordo and Breen.

Btw. note how there are no rumours about people going to Hyundai.
    I think Paddons (1,5 year to get the dif he wanted) and Mikkelsens (hopeless on tarmac) experience does put drivers off.

5. Likes: pantealex (20th August 2018),steve.mandzij (20th August 2018)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Its true that Seb and Ott seem to get along so having them in same team might not be such recipe for civil war as it might be with either of them in same team with Thierry. Theoretically having them both in Toyota may even be an option, especially as Seb seems to be very interested in moving there. But this would be really bad for sport, as it would almost certainly bring manufacturer title to Toyota and at least two manufacturers would feel that they have nor reason to pay for participation if they dont have any chance of winning (Ford and Citroen). FIA should veto this move if it becomes reality

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Ogier will not go to Toyota. If he wins, its Ogier that wins, not the car.

Ogier will not want Tanak as a team mate, I think Tanak is now too fast for Ogier, and his feet under the table at Toyota.

If Ogier goes anywhere, its Citroen. But only for the money, for 1 year, and Citroen will sell the furniture to get him...

Over the season I certainly dont think the Citroen is better than the Ford. Ogier knows this. So its will be a gamble. Ogier doesn't gamble.

If Ogier wins Championship... would he leave Ford for Citroen... or would he bow out?

If Ogier loses Championship... does he feel he will have a better chance at Citroen, vrs. Neuville and Tanak?

I'd be worried if im... Evans, Otsberg, Paddon & Mikkelsen... because nobody will be seriously looking hard at them, saying I need them on my team?

There is Meeke. Like it or not... he can win rallys unlike the above. There is also the PR it would generate getting him back in a seat....

Maybe if im Breen, i'd think there a chance of a #2 slot, but he needs to do more. If he pushes, he goes off. His speed could have plateau'd already.

Lappi will fit in somewhere, that there is no doubt.

Latvala, unless he bins it in the last 4 rallys, will most likely stay at Toyota, as compensation from Japanese, for the bad run of luck he has had.

Sunninen will remain, as his funding will secure MSport funding for AN Other driver.
    Last edited by wrc2017; 20th August 2018 at 18:49.

8. Likes: gravelman (21st August 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    That's second hand news. Last week Sordo told to Marca that Citroen asked Hyundai about their plans for him, but he would like to stay at Hyundai (preferring a part time program); he also told, like Budar admitted a long time ago, that Citroen main option is Ogier.

Ironically, Paddon already said he wants to stay at Hyundai; Lappi and Latvala are telling they wish to continue with Toyota; Ogier admitted that he’s mainly focused on getting a winning car (translation: Citroen, no thanks)…with no one apparently interested, who will Citroen get? (please, not Lefebvre!!!).

Btw, my guess on Ogier future: Toyota or Hyundai, depending on which won’t get this year manus title.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    with no one apparently interested, who will Citroen get? (please, not Lefebvre!!!)
    I can think of one name that want to drive for Citroen. Räikkönen... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Ogier admitted that he’s mainly focused on getting a winning car (translation: Citroen, no thanks)….
    He said he is mainly focused on performance.
    Given Loebs speed in Sweden and Corsica and recently Østberg in Finland (right before that interview) I don't see how that excludes Citroen.
    More than anything he had reason to be pissed about lack of Fiesta speed in Finland.

(obviously meant Mexico for Loeb, cant edit)

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    More than anything he had reason to be pissed about lack of Fiesta speed in Finland.
    That was his making, with SACHS dampers, but nobody will admit it.

You just cant stick dampers from a VW on a car and assume they will work. (not as simple as that, but you get the idea)