Page 151 of 344 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3437
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    WRC Snow round in Canada? https://rallypromoter.ca/rpac-one-year-update/

At the same time, FIA see the Sweden historic event a problem for running the rally https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...den-wrc-future

3. Likes: WRC1 (27th February 2019)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    WRC Snow round in Canada? https://rallypromoter.ca/rpac-one-year-update/

At the same time, FIA see the Sweden historic event a problem for running the rally https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...den-wrc-future
    Antti, the organisation 'rallypromoter.ca" is an organisation consisting of mostly 1 guy who has driven maybe 6 or 7 rallies ever ..little local ones with 13-17 cars, co-driven in a bunch of rallies, and has been an organiser locally of events in his home area..again mostly very small rallies with 13-40 local cars. he has been "media manager" for the Canadian ASN....which means he writes press releases... his other employment is unknown except a time as "used car salesman"...

There are some others involved, mainly photographers..

I cannot imagine how in the world that a couple or three complete amateurs with so little experience and with no population base, and barely enough manpower to organise small events could possibly think they could organise a WRC event.....some people more local have suggested that maybe it's just a "cool" way to get other optimistic fans to pay for him to travel for free and watch some WRC events since he seems to have no other source of income...but that is just what a few locals have "wondered aloud"..

I would not place any bets on it ever happening.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

5. Likes: AnttiL (27th February 2019),Entertainer (27th February 2019),Micke_VOC (28th February 2019),Morte66 (28th February 2019),racerx1979 (27th February 2019),Rally Power (1st March 2019),Rallyper (27th February 2019),satnav (27th February 2019),the sniper (27th February 2019)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Estonia to host promotional rally with WRC entries
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/marc...0--12-12-.html

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    What Canadian event would even be a good showcase/test? I've only been to Tall Pines in late November but it's very small compared to the US events I regularly attend.

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    What Canadian event would even be a good showcase/test? I've only been to Tall Pines in late November but it's very small compared to the US events I regularly attend.
    Perce Neige on the Eastern side and Big White on the Western side could be options. Perce Neige would struggle for hotels for everybody though.
    It seems more likely that if Canada were to host a WRC round in the present day it would be in British Columbia. Having said that, Rally Quebec could also be an option with good stages and Quebec City not far away. It was a WRC round in the 70's but I don't know the current state today.

Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Estonia to host promotional rally with WRC entries
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/marc...0--12-12-.html
    What is a WRC Promotional event? Does it mean that there will be many wrc drivers, or just a few like there were last year in Latvia. Also could that mean that we might see Estonia as an official round of WRC in the future?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    This promotional event is a new concept. Candidate event means the event could become an official WRC round the following year. This is probably not yet possible for Estonia, but this solution is a win-win with interest in the country and also for the teams and drivers as a test for Finland during the summer break.

11. Likes: TypeR (2nd March 2019)
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flykas View Post
    What is a WRC Promotional event? Does it mean that there will be many wrc drivers, or just a few like there were last year in Latvia. Also could that mean that we might see Estonia as an official round of WRC in the future?
    Means at least 1 car from each team.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    This promotional event is a new concept. Candidate event means the event could become an official WRC round the following year. This is probably not yet possible for Estonia, but this solution is a win-win with interest in the country and also for the teams and drivers as a test for Finland during the summer break.
    But I think we will never get a chance to have a WRC rally in Estonia. As I understood Oliver Ciesla said quite clearly that the plan is to expand outside of Europe.
    Last edited by cali; 3rd March 2019 at 11:42.