Page 17 of 344 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEqAU37VlHs

Colin Clark's Kitchen Table, talk about 2019 seats and 2018 championship fights and Rally Japan

2. Likes: tomhlord (24th August 2018)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEqAU37VlHs

Colin Clark's Kitchen Table, talk about 2019 seats and 2018 championship fights and Rally Japan
    I'd be mega surprised if Meeke turns up again. As Colin suggests, perhaps there is still some Citroen red-tape to overcome.

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I think he means that a tarmac round should be introduced, or replace a gravel round, rather than replace an event already on tarmac. Something I agree with, makes the championship a bit more even in terms of surfaces.
    Perhaps another mixed surface rally. Something like condroz in november in belgium. asphalt, but with leaves and lots of mud and dirt on the road.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    I'd be mega surprised if Meeke turns up again. As Colin suggests, perhaps there is still some Citroen red-tape to overcome.
    Who do M-Sport call if anyone trips in the shower/ has a mountain bike accident and there are contractual obligations with the sponsors to fulfil? Bryan Bouffier, Camilli, Luky?

6. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2018)
    Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Who do M-Sport call if anyone trips in the shower/ has a mountain bike accident and there are contractual obligations with the sponsors to fulfil? Bryan Bouffier, Camilli, Luky?
    Not Meeke unless citroen agrees. And i doubt that.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Re Corsica vs Germany - Corsica for me.

The Tour de Corse has a big history and is considered one of the THE legendary rallies. There have been epic battles, great drama and shocking tragedies.

The Rally of 10,000 Corners is the driver's choice. It's main issue is island-based logistics which the teams dont like.
    I'd go for keeping Germany. While I'm a big fan of the history of the Tour de Corse, I have to say to my mind, the current Tour de Corse is the worst adaption of a classic rally to the modern event formula. I like that they have long stages, but the empty looking itinerary it creates, particularly on the Friday, for what is now almost a 300km rally, just looks lacklustre. That's aside from the logistics issue and France already having another rally in the Monte, which realistically serves the country better.

Getting rid of Germany, you lose the pretty unique nature of the vineyards and the panzerplatte, which I think appeal even to people not interested in more common smooth tarmac rallies. They can make for good television. Most importantly though by losing Germany you leave a massive area of mainland Europe without any WRC rally, which would seem like a terrible idea in most sports, particularly when you consider the level of spectator and stakeholder (manufacturer) interest in that part of the world.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (24th August 2018),BigWorm (24th August 2018),dimviii (24th August 2018),dnb (24th August 2018),EstWRC (24th August 2018),hari (24th August 2018),pantealex (24th August 2018),Rally Power (24th August 2018),Rallyper (24th August 2018),stefanvv (24th August 2018),steve.mandzij (24th August 2018)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Dropping Deutschland seems like shooting yourself in the foot; as already stated above, it's a unique challenge - and a massive car market.

The Rally purist in me wants to keep Corsica - but they need to change some of it. However, if it was dropped, that would mean Corsica joins Sanremo, Acropolis, Safari, NZ as ex WRC events; Can you afford to keep dropping iconic events?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Dropping Deutschland seems like shooting yourself in the foot; as already stated above, it's a unique challenge - and a massive car market.

The Rally purist in me wants to keep Corsica - but they need to change some of it. However, if it was dropped, that would mean Corsica joins Sanremo, Acropolis, Safari, NZ as ex WRC events; Can you afford to keep dropping iconic events?
    The FFSA themselves made the decision to abandon the 'historic' and 'iconic' Tour de Corse once, when they moved to Alsace.

They really shouldn't therefore expect the WRC to respect it when they bring back a crappy version of it....

12. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2018),Rally Power (24th August 2018),steve.mandzij (24th August 2018),the sniper (24th August 2018)
    Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
    But who's getting dropped when Kenya returns? And don't forget that FIA is led by French guy

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Why is it such a hassle to get to Corsica and Sardinia by ferry?
    No customs going from mainland France to Corsica right, or is it the capacity of the ferry's?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net