Page 302 of 344 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3437
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    One mixed tarmac-gravel must stay on calendar so it can be challenge for teams. And Germany is spectacular in those vineyards. Chile and Turkey isn't something special I must say. Pretty happy that Japan and Safari are joining. Wales needs to stay too, those mud/gravel stages are the only of those kind event on calendar and is legendary awesome.

2. Likes: pantealex (13th August 2019)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Especially having three or four in a row at the end of season... Not good at all.
    im doubting very much they would put 3 rounds of tarmac to the end of the season.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: er88 (13th August 2019)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I think Northern Ireland would be a great addition to the Tarmac events as well as Japan. However, I wouldn't mind mixing it up and instead of Mexico, we'd have another snow rally in say.....Canada (yes I know they are planning to join the WRC in 2023/2024).
    (sigh) Tarmac..(groan)...Ok some tarmac is 'ok' to watch..And I'm sure it is challenging to drive..But much ass-fault is incredibly boring...Maybe the cars are "too good"?? They work so well you don't see anything happening..

Some Irish tarmac, yeah its good, when its VERY narrow and very crappy tarmac...And some Czechish tarmac , again when its narrow and bumpy...you see the cars work. But simple wide smooth tarmac, it doesn't look much different that circuit racing, except more picturesque background sometimes...

And Canada...[img]
    I will be as polite as I possibly can.....The little fan-boi committee claiming to be "investigating the possibilities" are at absolute best dreaming...They collectively do not have the experience, the manpower, the accommodations, the local interest, the disciple, the moxy, and any "regular means of support" (employment) aside from talking.
    There are plenty of fun roads for 3 seasons....but come winter time it is the Rocky Mountains....the narrow 2 lane roads here and there could become impossibly snarled for everybody...even with almost no local population...
    The main protagonist has a grand total of maybe 5-7 events as a driver, (local events which in the area in question typically at that time got 11-17 cars) a handful of events as co-driver and some years as a "media person" for the Canadian Federation...Media person means he types and talks...Nobody has any idea how he pays the rent although he did say once that he had sold used cars for a while...

This is not a serious person or a serious chance of a WRC level event happening in Western Canada..

Hell we had WRC here where I am 1985---1988 and that was thanks to one obsessively driven man...a man willing to do and say anything to make sure it came off but whose clear motivation was to "hang with" "celebrities"....like WRC elite or TV stars... It did not end well....and we with a much higher local population to draw from (and a much more "worldly" and 'hip") could no way have the people, to organsie and pull off a WRC event...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

6. Likes: the sniper (13th August 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Ok some tarmac is 'ok' to watch..And I'm sure it is challenging to drive..But much ass-fault is incredibly boring...Maybe the cars are "too good"?? They work so well you don't see anything happening..

Some Irish tarmac, yeah its good, when its VERY narrow and very crappy tarmac...And some Czechish tarmac , again when its narrow and bumpy...you see the cars work. But simple wide smooth tarmac, it doesn't look much different that circuit racing, except more picturesque background sometimes...
    I´m also feeling tarmac like that.
    Good: narrow parts, hairpins, bumps, wet, crossings
    Bad: wide and smooth
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,445 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    (sigh) Tarmac..(groan)...Ok some tarmac is 'ok' to watch..And I'm sure it is challenging to drive..But much ass-fault is incredibly boring...Maybe the cars are "too good"?? They work so well you don't see anything happening..

And Canada...[img]
    I will be as polite as I possibly can.....The little fan-boi committee claiming to be "investigating the possibilities" are at absolute best dreaming...They collectively do not have the experience, the manpower, the accommodations, the local interest, the disciple, the moxy, and any "regular means of support" (employment) aside from talking.
    There are plenty of fun roads for 3 seasons....but come winter time it is the Rocky Mountains....the narrow 2 lane roads here and there could become impossibly snarled for everybody...even with almost no local population...
    The main protagonist has a grand total of maybe 5-7 events as a driver, (local events which in the area in question typically at that time got 11-17 cars) a handful of events as co-driver and some years as a "media person" for the Canadian Federation...Media person means he types and talks...Nobody has any idea how he pays the rent although he did say once that he had sold used cars for a while...

This is not a serious person or a serious chance of a WRC level event happening in Western Canada..

Hell we had WRC here where I am 1985---1988 and that was thanks to one obsessively driven man...a man willing to do and say anything to make sure it came off but whose clear motivation was to "hang with" "celebrities"....like WRC elite or TV stars... It did not end well....and we with a much higher local population to draw from (and a much more "worldly" and 'hip") could no way have the people, to organsie and pull off a WRC event...
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply, do appreciate it, as for the Tarmac events, I agree with you it should be tight, narrow (muddy) hence I pointed out Ireland. Although it would be nice to see both Ireland & Wales as it was back in 2007. As for Canada, tbh, I had do idea how's the situation is over there concerning rallying, however I still maintain it would be nice to see more than Sweden as a snow rally.. And before I forget, yes they should have kept Catalunya as a mixed event as it does add to the challenge.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: pantealex (14th August 2019)
    Liked 96 Times in 41 Posts
    According to Polish version of Motorsport.com:
    - Turkey is off for 2020
    - Corsica also out
    - Germany stays as it used to be
    - Rally Safari set for june
    - Sardinias base back to Olbia
    - Rally Spain full tarmac

https://pl.motorsport.com/wrc/news/t...z-wrc/4513215/

11. Likes: AnttiL (13th August 2019),cali (13th August 2019),Eli (13th August 2019),er88 (13th August 2019),EstWRC (13th August 2019),MartijnS (13th August 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Full tarmac Spain sounds boring..

13. Likes: Jewy46 (14th August 2019),pantealex (14th August 2019)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Could Spain go back to the North West of Barcelona if it goes back to full tarmac, or is there money from the current region keeping them to the South?

Liked 137 Times in 54 Posts
    AFAIK, it's not a question of money, but of an asphalt space big enough to host the service park, only currently available at Port Aventura in Salou. If it was because of money, it would have moved long ago. But if full tarmac, and with current restrictions in Priorat area, it may well be that one leg was run north of Barcelona, even though the distance from these stages to service park would be greater than 150 km...
    WRCWings - Aerodynamics of WRC

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lluisva555 View Post
    AFAIK, it's not a question of money, but of an asphalt space big enough to host the service park, only currently available at Port Aventura in Salou. If it was because of money, it would have moved long ago. But if full tarmac, and with current restrictions in Priorat area, it may well be that one leg was run north of Barcelona, even though the distance from these stages to service park would be greater than 150 km...
    Salou and the region close to it is very nice, no need to move this rally

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk