Page 309 of 314 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3134
  1. #3081
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,353
    Like
    4,010
    Liked 4,457 Times in 1,942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    He had a secret test with the same company he works with now? That makes no sense.

    That's called a 'test'. An counts towards the regulatory maximum number of days. It's not much of a secret when it has to be declared to the FIA!
    What if he was testing the R5 car or something? Or more likely something that's under the development in secrecy?

  2. Likes: pantealex (15th August 2019)
  3. #3082
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,073
    Like
    3
    Liked 283 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    What if he was testing the R5 car or something? Or more likely something that's under the development in secrecy?
    He's driven the R5 car at Rally Estonia. In public... Not much secrecy there.

  4. #3083
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    956
    Like
    288
    Liked 744 Times in 369 Posts
    Teemu drove a Yaris from what I've heard, but maybe it's just a rumor...

  5. #3084
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    12
    Like
    1
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Hybrid car
    This may be the correct answer.

    Making a test mule for the hybrid era is not complicated if the gas engine stays the same. Testing the balance and effect of the extra weight.

  6. #3085
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,073
    Like
    3
    Liked 283 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahula View Post
    This may be the correct answer.

    Making a test mule for the hybrid era is not complicated if the gas engine stays the same. Testing the balance and effect of the extra weight.
    It is if the hybrid system comes from a single supplier and that single supplier deal hasn't even been put to tender yet!

  7. #3086
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,271
    Like
    1,479
    Liked 3,341 Times in 1,485 Posts
    Or the R5 electric that they announced.

  8. #3087
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,353
    Like
    4,010
    Liked 4,457 Times in 1,942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Teemu drove a Yaris from what I've heard, but maybe it's just a rumor...
    Well at least someone on this forum assumed the "secret test" was in Puuppola before Teemu confirmed it was an M-Sport test.

  9. Likes: pantealex (15th August 2019)
  10. #3088
    #EE33 #TS3 #GG44 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    12,191
    Like
    2,390
    Liked 5,735 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    He had a secret test with the same company he works with now? That makes no sense.

    That's called a 'test'. An counts towards the regulatory maximum number of days. It's not much of a secret when it has to be declared to the FIA!
    But surely it doesnt count if he's testing another car not his WRC ?

  11. #3089
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    93
    Like
    16
    Liked 92 Times in 39 Posts
    Maybe he tested Bentley.

  12. Likes: NielsH (15th August 2019),tomhlord (16th August 2019)
  13. #3090
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ń s k y l ń
    Posts
    2,711
    Like
    11,267
    Liked 1,258 Times in 613 Posts
    Every test day must be informed to FIA, even those "secret" ones. FIA just keep that info for them self.

    Suninen has driven Yaris but it was not before NRF19, way earlier...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  14. Likes: AnttiL (15th August 2019),satnav (15th August 2019),TWRC (15th August 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •