Page 168 of 344 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 3437
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Yeah, sounds is part of the rally experience. I think that without fuel rally will change a lot, something like what happened at middle century when it stops being an endurance sport with cars driving from Paris to Beijing and it started being what we see today. I think it will change in some other form of sport.
    Maybe it will become more circuit-like but with huge laps still in the forests. Or maybe something else. I know it's like blasphemy but I can't see it being like it is now if engine will be elettric.

2. Likes: Mirek (11th March 2019)
    Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    Horse driving did not dissapear when the car got popular. The petrol engine will not disappear because of something else, it will only stop being used as the common way of transportation and become a niche for rich enthousiast.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Horse driving did not dissapear when the car got popular. The petrol engine will not disappear because of something else, it will only stop being used as the common way of transportation and become a niche for rich enthousiast.
    That however means that Motorsport with combustion engines as known today will disappear because it will no longer involve manufacturers and since it won't be used as a marketing tool anymore it will also loose majority of its public followers. It will become a small sport for enthusiast instead.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: AL14 (11th March 2019)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That however means that Motorsport with combustion engines as known today will disappear because it will no longer involve manufacturers and since it won't be used as a marketing tool anymore it will also loose majority of its public followers. It will become a small sport for enthusiast instead.
    Rallying is already a small sport for the enthusiast, so switching to electric in the near future would be a dangerous game.
    I used to watch F1 avidly, but that has become boring and whenever I've watched the highlights at night I've fallen asleep. But that is the only Motorsport mainstream news is interested in.
    Formula E is hardly setting the world alight with interest, even if they are trying to go down the younger audience route with YouTube live streaming etc.
    I thought they were planning a touring car like championship with Tesla's and jaguar e-paces and the like but don't think anything has come of that yet.
    That may be an interesting series, if they don't use Mickey mouse tracks like the formula E ones, but my guess is they will be support series for formula E races so that's unlikely.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (12th March 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Rallying is already a small sport for the enthusiast
    That's not true at all. It's the second most popular motorsport after F1.

9. Likes: pantealex (12th March 2019)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    lol... motogp, nascar, indycar anyone ?

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    If rallying will become a narrow sport, it surely will have historic cars competing on special rallies. Let´s wait and see how narrow it will be.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Nonsense. Maybe in your country it is, but globally not a chance.

13. Likes: AndyRAC (12th March 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Nonsense. Maybe in your country it is, but globally not a chance.
    That's what Citroën stated in their study few years back. It was likely related to the markets where Citroën is active but definitely not for my country.

15. Likes: pantealex (12th March 2019)
    That's what Citroën stated in their study few years back. It was likely related to the markets where Citroën is active but definitely not for my country.
    Citroen like to pull out of wrc every so often and concentrate on other Motorsport. Citroen is french, we've had a French world champion for the last 15 years.

You only have to look at any Motorsport website with a forum or comments section to see wrc is well down the order. Take crash.net for instance, wrc nowadays gets no comments whatsoever, and their journos can't even be bothered to write stories until they are about a week old anymore.
    This site seems to be the exception where it comes to the amount of interest and comments rallying generates

17. Likes: AndyRAC (12th March 2019)