Page 246 of 344 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3437
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Umh, yes, Hyundai manuf. title would be great and probably necessary, but Ogier taking the WDC? That is dull and injects hoplesness+ why would Citroen use 3rd car then, when they achieve their goals with only two?

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    If they paid me 2 million more than M-Sport, TGR, Hyundai or Citroen I would drive for the DACIA Romanian Rally Championship Team B.... Money talks...

Also, I hear TGR is not too loose with money so if M-Sport offers Tanak a 2 year contract with a few mill more than the others I doubt TGR will step up and match the offer, but that's just the rumors we have heard.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 3rd July 2019 at 20:22.

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-pos...STA-IN-FINLAND

PADDON TO FLY WITH FIESTA IN FINLAND

July 3, 2019

Hayden Paddon and John Kennard will take to the wheel of the EcoBoost-powered Ford Fiesta WRC at next month’s Neste Rally Finland. Making a welcome return to the FIA World Rally Championship, the New Zealanders will pilot a third M-Sport Ford World Rally Team Fiesta and will be eligible to score manufacturer points for the Cumbrian squad.
    Paddon made his first appearance behind the wheel of a world rally car when contesting RallyRACC Catalunya with the Ford Fiesta RS WRC in 2013, and went on to become one of the sport’s most popular and celebrated drivers.
    A regular on the world stage, he secured his first podium in 2015 and a maiden victory soon followed with an unforgettable performance at the 2016 edition of Rally Argentina.
    Proficient on all surfaces, the Kiwi has eight top-three finishes to his name and will be looking to deliver another strong performance when he returns to the Fiesta for his 80th appearance on the world stage.
    Thanks to his backers in New Zealand, Paddon will become the 14th driver to take to the wheel of the top-specification Fiesta at rallying’s highest level – the car which has delivered five FIA World Rally Championships, nine victories and 31 podiums over the past two and a half years.
    This will also be Paddon’s tenth appearance at the Finnish fixture, and he and Kennard will complete a one-day test in preparation – familiarising themselves with the award-winning Fiesta and reacquainting themselves with the M-Sport family.

Hayden Paddon said:
    “Both John and I are very excited to be back – especially as it has been so hard to watch from the side-lines. M-Sport have been so welcoming even in the short period since this deal has been put together which gives me great confidence that we will be able to work together to achieve a great result on one of my favourite events on the calendar.
    “Huge thanks also to our long-term partner Hyundai NZ who have allowed us to take the opportunity and encouraged us. We are lucky to have the support that we do from New Zealand and abroad.”

Team Principal, Richard Millener, said:
    “It’s great to see Hayden back in the FIA World Rally Championship, and we’re all excited to see what he can do behind the wheel of the Fiesta. He’s a proven rally winner, and it’s great for us to have a driver of his calibre as we set our sights on another strong performance.
    “The deal came together pretty quick, so it’s great that we were able to do something at short notice. Hayden is extremely determined and has the potential to deliver a really exciting performance. Like every rally fan, I’m looking forward to seeing him and John back in the championship!”

4. Likes: Eli (3rd July 2019),EstWRC (3rd July 2019),logwrc (3rd July 2019),pantealex (3rd July 2019),Rally Hokkaido (3rd July 2019),Rallyper (4th July 2019),skarderud (3rd July 2019),Zeakiwi2 (3rd July 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Which will be a guarantee that they can get on top of the reliability.
    He’s not in it for the money right now. He wants to start winning championships and unless they can get the car sorted (especially if what was said by a poster on this forum regarding just how bad it is behind closed doors is accurate) then he’ll be off.
    He hasn’t committed his life to his goal to risk missing out just for a pot of cash, nope, he’s hungrier and more frustrated then ever to be a WDC and he’s probably thinking he could get one this year if his car had a blue badge in the front.
    Things are still bad... they are still have stalling issues with hydraulics.. this is an issue which Lappi complained about several times..
    Toyota has money to pay, but if M-Sport rumors of taking a year off and then coming back strong with cash in hand for 2020 are true then maybe M-Sport could give Tanak an offer he cant refuse and TGR can't match.

My 2 cents are JML is booted for Kalle which will save them heaps of money. This money can then be used to keep Tanak. Next year we will see Tanak, Meeke and Rovanpera...

JML to Ford or Hyundai. Remember a lot of teams would love to have an ex TGR driver who can bring some good knowledge.. JML is one of those guys considering he has been there since day one...

6. Likes: cali (4th July 2019),Eli (3rd July 2019),pantealex (3rd July 2019),steve.mandzij (3rd July 2019),T16 (3rd July 2019)
    Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Would'nt it be funny if he turned up with Hyundai NZ plastered all over the Fiesta!

8. Likes: GravelBen (3rd July 2019),T16 (3rd July 2019),User (4th July 2019)
    Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Things are still bad... they are still have stalling issues with hydraulics.. this is an issue which Lappi complained about several times..
    Toyota has money to pay, but if M-Sport rumors of taking a year off and then coming back strong with cash in hand for 2020 are true then maybe M-Sport could give Tanak an offer he cant refuse and TGR can't match.

My 2 cents are JML is booted for Kalle which will save them heaps of money. This money can then be used to keep Tanak. Next year we will see Tanak, Meeke and Rovanpera...

JML to Ford or Hyundai. Remember a lot of teams would love to have an ex TGR driver who can bring some good knowledge.. JML is one of those guys considering he has been there since day one...
    JML to Ford seems very possible given how much Tommi wants him gone and how badly M-Sport needs a seasoned driver in their lineup to match the rest of the teams. Latvala in Hyundai with Adamo's iron fist tapping on his shoulder sounds like a horrible horrible idea.

Silly season 2020 is going to be very very interesting. If Paddon does well in Finland and keeps up his visibility then we might be looking at Paddon, Katsuta and Rovanpera entering the driver's market to make things interesting.

Regarding inter team moves, I don't really see Tanak going anywhere fast. He's got Toyota's full support and he's basically one with the car at this point. Despite the issues he looks to be getting on well, and the issues likely won't last forever.

10. Likes: cali (4th July 2019)
    Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    Sponsors for Paddon for Finland likely to be 'Pack n Save' nz grocery stores/supermarkets, 'Z' Energy vehicle fuel supplies, nz fuel stations etc

I have low expectations of Paddon in Finland. New car and been away from the top game for 8 months. Hopefully one of the WRC 2 teams could take Paddon on as a development/ compete at a few 2019 events in Europe type deal.

How many M-Sport WRC Fiestas for Finland? Evans, Suninen, Paddon etc
    Last edited by Zeakiwi2; 3rd July 2019 at 20:56.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Umh, yes, Hyundai manuf. title would be great and probably necessary, but Ogier taking the WDC? That is dull and injects hoplesness+ why would Citroen use 3rd car then, when they achieve their goals with only two?
    If Ogier takes WDC it might convince Citroen bosses that just a bit more money and they can have both titles. But as you said it can also backfire and they will say they have all the publicity with just 2 cars.

On the other hand if he does not take it due to car performance issue they surely won't use any money next year for 3rd car but instead use it to develop the 2 ones.

So based on that reasoning I think it's better that he wins it than if he doesn't.

Liked 258 Times in 162 Posts
    3 cars should be minimal to even enter the event...

14. Likes: T16 (3rd July 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops! View Post
    Would'nt it be funny if he turned up with Hyundai NZ plastered all over the Fiesta!
    I've seen it many times, but not at such a high level of motorsport. Would be funny. A big Paddon Rallysport sticker would be nice.

16. Likes: pantealex (3rd July 2019)