Page 178 of 344 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3437
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I actually sew Hayden in a Toyota next year
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Better off being a Ford guy at this point.
    I don't see Hayden changing brand from Hyundai. Like said, it could be a partnership that lasts beyond a WRC career.

Liked 12,169 Times in 5,219 Posts
    All is not lost for Paddon.

How much did you guys know about Tänak in 2013, after he was dropped and competed at estonian championship with his old Subaru? I guess not much, if anything at all, but still he managed to get back.

But Paddon must definitely get rid of this Hyundai deal.

I would love to see him in the Toyota or Ford.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    He had money for new car and he bought TCR-model...

Why not (i20) R5 ???

He is still doing rallies with very very old model i20 which isn´t even FIA legal. No chance to compete even in WRC Australia...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    1. Are you sure that he brought it?
    Paddon told Autosport/Evans: "Seat time is still so important and driving in a variety of conditions is really useful. The chance came to buy an i30 TCR and bring it down here and we jumped at the chance."

"I'm always looking for ways to help work on my driving, especially on asphalt and this is another way to do that."

"Maybe we'd do some of those races [TCR in New Zealand] - but everything is still absolutely geared to getting me back to the WRC."

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...wrc-return-bid

Seems odd to me. But IIRC a TCR car is less than half the price of an R5 and presumably easier/cheaper to maintain. Maybe Hyundai NZ wanted to get involved in circuit racing/TCR NZ and Paddon is just taking the money and facilitating it?

Nevertheless, pretty poor that Hyundai Motorsport couldn't spare a bit of budget to co-fund some kind of R5 campaign with Hyundai NZ...

4. Likes: pantealex (10th April 2019)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Petter Solberg end his top level carriere:

https://www.vg.no/sport/motorsport/i...-som-vm-foerer

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts

[WRC] News & Rumours 2019

Paddon is supported financially through Hyundai NZ. Therefore their NZ Motorsport activities go through Paddon Rallysport. He is also the supplier to NZ of Winnmax brakes, EXT suspension, wheels amongst other things.

How hard is it to understand it is a business that is generating return. He is not throwing cash in a hole.

Going and doing selected Europe events would be spending hundreds of thousands of Euros, with no return ($$).

Im sure what Paddon is doing is biding his time, and rallying financial support around him, which includes a successful business he is building. Time will tell but Paddon will not be giving up.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

7. Likes: Maui J. (11th April 2019),Rally Hokkaido (10th April 2019),the sniper (10th April 2019)
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Petter Solberg end his top level carriere:

https://www.vg.no/sport/motorsport/i...-som-vm-foerer

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Shame. Well, fingers crossed now that he will convince Subaru guys to bring their involvement into WRC again and he will be the man to lead the squad.

9. Likes: Sulland (10th April 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    https://rallysportmag.com/rally-japa...andidate-test/

Matton and Ciesla plans are getting more and more confusing. Apparently they’ve announced that the 2020 WRC calendar will have 8 European rounds and 6 on the rest of the world (the current 4 plus Japan and Kenya). But what about Turkey, isn’t the rally already a non European event? Why to include it in the European quota if it’s actually totally based in Asia?

Btw, the Japanese pre WRC rally (already successfully inspected as a candidate event last year) wil be run this year one week prior to Australia, with a total of 122 stages kms (76 miles). How will they get the extra 178 kms for the 2020 edition?

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...rally/4366648/
    Rally addict since 1982

11. Likes: WRC1 (10th April 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Btw, the Japanese pre WRC rally (already successfully inspected as a candidate event last year) wil be run this year one week prior to Australia, with a total of 122 stages kms (76 miles). How will they get the extra 178 kms for the 2020 edition?
    Maybe they'll just run some super special 20 times to bridge the gap...
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

13. Likes: janvanvurpa (11th April 2019),Rally Power (10th April 2019),the sniper (10th April 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think it's quite common for rallies to be shorter than WRC events when they don't have the WRC value. A longer rally is more expensive to set up and there's no sense to do it when you don't get as much exposure as with WRC. It doesn't mean they are not capable of arranging a longer rally.

15. Likes: Allez Andruet (11th April 2019),Jewy46 (11th April 2019),pantealex (11th April 2019)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leighton323 View Post
    Paddon is supported financially through Hyundai NZ. Therefore their NZ Motorsport activities go through Paddon Rallysport. He is also the supplier to NZ of Winnmax brakes, EXT suspension, wheels amongst other things.

How hard is it to understand it is a business that is generating return. He is not throwing cash in a hole.

Going and doing selected Europe events would be spending hundreds of thousands of Euros, with no return ($$).

Im sure what Paddon is doing is biding his time, and rallying financial support around him, which includes a successful business he is building. Time will tell but Paddon will not be giving up.
    Yep I see plenty of opportunities yet for Paddon in WRC.

There are plenty of WRC drivers like Loeb, Meeke, Latvala & Sordo who wont be in seats much longer. And Paddon is one of the few available experienced WRC winners out there.