Page 16 of 344 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Looks like you didn't notice that the new rally Japan will be on tarmac.
    I think he means that a tarmac round should be introduced, or replace a gravel round, rather than replace an event already on tarmac. Something I agree with, makes the championship a bit more even in terms of surfaces.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Well Andy does not like dusty gravel rallies which are the same. Similarly I don't see much point in more dry tarmac rallies with nothing special.

So if more tarmac then one of these:
    - wet tarmac (tarmac in some place where it rains most of the time, remember playing some computer game with tarmac rally in Japan where it always rained )
    - bumpy/different tarmac (Corsica used to be this but now the roads are mostly with smooth tarmac just like spain, Barum in Czech Rep. also used to be this but the roads there also changed)

For gravel rallies I am all for replacing one of the similar dry/dusty rallies with gravel that is wet with chances of snow, for example some rally in New Zealand during the winter (summer on north hemisphere) or a rally in one of the baltic countries in the autumn, or moving rally Argentina a bit in the calendar. How realistic that is I dunno.
    Last edited by mknight; 23rd August 2018 at 20:35.

3. Likes: BigWorm (23rd August 2018),pantealex (24th August 2018)
    Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    When will the 2019calendar be known? Think Germany desirves the spot more than Corse. France allready has Monte
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...ahead-from-wrc
    "A final decision will be made at the World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris on October 12."

5. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2018)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    At the end of 2016 he said it that this will be last. Then at the end of 2017 too. Now again. Ogi stop it.No one is buying it.

I think that he just want to get contracts on the table from Toyota or Hyundai and now when no one is interested in him, he is crying again..
    Ogier said he could retire at those times, he didnt say 'this will be my last contract', which he is saying now.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Re Corsica vs Germany - Corsica for me.

The Tour de Corse has a big history and is considered one of the THE legendary rallies. There have been epic battles, great drama and shocking tragedies.

The Rally of 10,000 Corners is the driver's choice. It's main issue is island-based logistics which the teams dont like.
    #M-SPORTER

8. Likes: RAS007 (24th August 2018),Tauri_J (23rd August 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Corsica is trash... history means nothing. The route is a disgrace...

only trash people want this event in.

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Corsica is trash... history means nothing. The route is a disgrace...

only trash people want this event in.
    We need a dislike button on this forum for trash like this.

11. Likes: GravelBen (24th August 2018),logic (28th August 2018),Maui J. (26th August 2018),Micke_VOC (9th September 2018),skarderud (24th August 2018),steve.mandzij (24th August 2018)
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Japan was the worst rally I have ever attended, narrow crap roads, middle of nowhere so stuff all spectators, and except for one big penned area 100m back from the stage, we couldn't see much. Just because Toyota has come back doesn't mean that Japan should be given a WRC round again after the poorly executed last attempt in Obihiro.

Cull Turkey, and Japan from the championship and put a couple of decent rounds in their place.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    bad news release for RX Academy 2018 participant Troy Dowel - diagnosed with acute Leukemia

"It is with a very heavy heart that we advise that Troy has had to withdraw from Round 4 of the RX Academy in Finland. Troy fell very ill whilst travelling in Ireland last week and was admitted to Hospital on Monday. Over the past four days Troy underwent several tests and very early this morning he was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia. We are trying to get Troy home for treatment but at this stage he is too weak to travel. As we all have seen Troy has developed into an amazing driver and had some incredible battles racing in his passion. Now Troy has a huge battle ahead of him so he can continue to pursue his dream. I am so proud of the amazing kid he is his humbleness and attitude towards his racing has been exceptional. He has grown so much and had some amazing people helping develop him. I would like to thank Neville so much for being there with him along with his Irish family who have all given Troy so much love and support this week. Troy we love you so much."

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Japan is probably going to be ' touge challenge' (Aichi and Gifu prefectures)
    Turkey from the observers in 2017 is likely to be ok, 2018 is in an area where the wrx has not been before.

https://youtu.be/d6x5aJM9szQ?t=18m31s (Aichi roads) pretty twisty and narrow but faster in places with plenty of steel armco.
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 24th August 2018 at 05:12.