Page 189 of 344 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3437
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    I know it's been talked about in other places but here's to hoping it actually comes true: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...off-wrc-return
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Ypres confirmed today that Neuville will do the additional WRC class event in the Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Ypres confirmed today that Neuville will do the additional WRC class event in the Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC.
    As a spectator I don't like that he will not push the R5 behind its limits like in last years
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: dimviii (24th April 2019),MartijnS (24th April 2019),mousti (24th April 2019),PLuto (24th April 2019)
    Liked 41 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    ----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    https://www.rallit.fi/wrc-huoltoalue...oppuun-saakka/

Speculation (in Finnish) about the upcoming Rally Argentina and more interestingly about Latvala's situation at TGR. According to Heinonen and Hietavala (the two doing the talking on the video) there's been rumor around the service park whether JML will remain in the TGR squad till the end of the season if he doesn't start to deliver. And as we're already approaching Argentina, he better do it sooner than later.

Ofcourse it's nothing more than pure speculation at the moment, but as both of these guys are actively involved in Finnish WRC gossip, it's interesting to hear nevertheless. What was the saying again about the smoke and fire...
    While Latvala obviously does not have good season so far I really don't see him getting replaced before the end of the year. The only somewhat "safe" choices are Paddon, Řstberg and Breen, out of these only Breen seems completely free. In any case nothing is going to happen on that front until after Finland.
    Next year WRC Rally Japan will be a tarmac rally. It would be highly appreciated in Japan / TGR that Katsuta would get proper tarmac rally practise with WRC before that. It would make sense that Taka would drive WRC in Germany and Catalunya this year. Even more so, if JML does not perform in next 5 gravel rallies and loses the possibility to drivers championship, after that there is no critical reason why Taka could not replace him in coming tarmac rallies.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    It would make sense for Toyota to have a points scoring driver who could score many points and allow them to take the title(s), last year Mr. Toyoda was very much interested in it, probably hasn`t changed. Katsuta`s only option could be practising in a fourth car, not replacing JML. Quite a critical reason i`d say.

7. Likes: Allez Andruet (24th April 2019),AnttiL (24th April 2019),cali (24th April 2019),Morte66 (25th April 2019),pantealex (24th April 2019),Rallyper (24th April 2019)
    Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Completely agree with the text, Neuville's lead is different this year but I believe that it can't last long with the current Hyundai performances and non existing support from the team mates. Neuville wasn't the fastest guy in neither of the previous rallies and that's a fact. Being luck and avoiding offs won't bring him title in the end if he doesn't perform fastest times continously.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    As a spectator I don't like that he will not push the R5 behind its limits like in last years
    I'm sure there's plenty of drivers who will do that.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    It would make sense for Toyota to have a points scoring driver who could score many points and allow them to take the title(s), last year Mr. Toyoda was very much interested in it, probably hasn`t changed. Katsuta`s only option could be practising in a fourth car, not replacing JML. Quite a critical reason i`d say.
    TGR had 4 cars in Sweden.
    And could have in other rallies also.
    It´s 100% sure that Takamoto is NOT their 3rd driver this year.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

11. Likes: AnttiL (24th April 2019),Rally Power (25th April 2019)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    And you'd think Hyundai would rather see their R5 car promoted...

Still, many fans who dont travel to rallies will be glad to see the WRCar in action.

TN: "To repeat last year and drive an R5 in the Renties Ypres Rally would not have been newsworthy to the fans. We won the race last year. What more could we do? On the other hand, we really want to be part of it in Ypres, because it is great to drive for our fans in our own country. The enthusiasm of our supporters was fantastic in Ypres last year, which is why we are starting again, but this time with the Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC. "

"Last year, Nicolas and I wondered what it would be like to drive the WRC on the Ypres course. The rally is very specific, with deep cuts, and also very fast. It will be a challenge to go fast with our Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC, " laughs Thierry. "We may miss a bit of a competitive feeling because we are not competing against the other R5s, but that way we can entertain the fans. For me it is certainly interesting to tame Ypres with the WRC. We are going to drive at a fast pace without taking unnecessary risks. It will be great for the fans! "

https://mailchi.mp/ypresrally/rentie...9-news-1795065
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 24th April 2019 at 16:59.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    First of all they`d rather improve their WRC and win the titles this year...