Page 55 of 344 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,023 Times in 293 Posts
    Gallery VW Polo GTI R5 - a closer view: http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_vw_p..._view_brr.html

2. Likes: pantealex (28th November 2018),TyPat107 (28th November 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Mail View Post
    Kalle and Kopecky only ... so far.
    Νοrdgren?

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Νοrdgren?
    Hasn't raced since July so it was likely that he would be dropped

Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    With four years of an extraordinary rallying career under its belt, and a fresh version of the road-going ŠKODA FABIA hitting the streets, it’s time for the most successful car in ŠKODA Motorsport history to explore a new look. To celebrate the best season in its history, the team presents a design study of a future rally challenger that incorporates key elements of the new road-going FABIA.

The new look incorporates a more dynamic design of the front end, inspired by the road-going version, as well as fresh new looks for both headlights and taillights, which are now equipped with LED technology to underscore the cutting edge looks of the car. The ŠKODA Motorsport colour scheme has also evolved to keep pace with these changes. The study foreshadows the look of future generations of the FABIA R5, which is planned to be homologated in the second half of 2019 and made available to customers later.

To celebrate the current version of FABIA R5 and its outstanding career, ŠKODA Motorsport decided to dress it up in the colour it so often collected in this season – gold. The golden livery is based on the 2018 season’s colour scheme, with celebratory number 1 markings, stylized laurels and lettering over the windscreen which reads “WRC2 CHAMPION 2018”. The car will feature in a series of photoshoots and videos, and is going to be exhibited first in Mladá Boleslav and later at Prague airport.

In the four years since its debut in 2015, the ŠKODA FABIA R5 has proved itself to be the most successful car in the history of ŠKODA Motorsport. Its achievements are stunning. It enabled the team to win the FIA WRC 2 Championship for Teams in four consecutive years. It carried three ŠKODA factory drivers to their WRC 2 titles – Esapekka Lappi in 2016, Pontus Tidemand in 2017 and, most recently, Jan Kopecký in 2018. Jan was joined on the podium by Pontus Tidemand and Kalle Rovanperä in a fantastic 1-2-3 finish.
    In 2019, two crews will represent ŠKODA Motorsport on the tracks of WRC 2. Jan Kopecký and Pavel Dresler will return to try and repeat the successful season, while Kalle Rovanperä with co-driver Jonne Halttunen is going to make his second year in WRC 2 even more remarkable than the first. Besides that, Jan Kopecký will once again fight for the title in the Czech Rally Championship.

As for Pontus leaving Skoda:

After four successful seasons, crowned by the 2017 FIA WRC 2 title and a second place finish in the 2018 FIA WRC 2, the time has come for Pontus Tidemand and ŠKODA Motorsport to part ways. The team will always have fond memories of the young Swede’s great performances behind the wheel of his ŠKODA FABIA R5, together with his co-driver Jonas Andersson. To mark the end of a remarkably fruitful cooperation and to say goodbye to one of our most successful drivers, we asked Pontus a series of questions about his last season with ŠKODA. Here’s what he thinks about his performance in 2018, about his teammates and about ŠKODA.

I would say I’m especially proud of my performance at Rally Portugal. After two punctures during the Friday leg of the rally, we started a race to catch up. On Saturday we fought our way up from fifth position into the lead of the WRC 2 category.

And which rally was the biggest challenge for you, and why?

Again, I’d nominate Portugal. The first loop was a real challenge with lots of hidden stones and rocks underneath a soft surface. Whether you got a puncture or not was kind of a lottery!

Who did you consider to be the toughest competitors to beat?

Clearly my teammates Jan and Kalle. They’ve got the same fantastic car, our ŠKODA FABIA R5, and they’re really quick on all kind of surfaces.

With the season over, you now have some downtime. How will you spend the time before the 2019 season starts?

I‘ll keep myself in good shape, doing some sports but spending some time with family and friends as well.

And what are your goals for next year?

It would be nice to have a good program in a competitive car again.

Is there anyone special you would like to thank after the 2018 season?

I would like to thank the whole team; they did a great job providing me with such a fantastic car. The team spirit at ŠKODA Motorsport is really great – everybody works with such passion. And definitely my co-driver Jonas, he did a faultless job again. It’s a pleasure to compete alongside him.

In Portugal, you had to go from the bottom of the standings back to top – how hard it was and how did it feel to win against all odds?

It’s all about never giving up. I always knew during the event that we had the speed and the best car to get back on top, and that made me confident right to the finish.

Which current ŠKODA car is your favourite? Do you use one as your personal car?

I like both SUV’s Kodiaq and Karoq, they’re really great cars – nice to drive and very versatile.

How will your celebration of the 2nd place in the WRC 2 standings look like?

As I said, I’ll use my free time to meet some friends again and to have a good time.

What do you think about the talent of your young teammate Kalle Rovanperä?

He’s exceptionally talented and bloody fast, whether on tarmac, snow and ice or on gravel. He’s the man to watch in the future.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I think that will be Ingram. They have been praising him for some quite time now.
    https://twitter.com/ChrisIngramGB/st...94690734383106

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Νοrdgren?
    He’s not at the press conference so looks like it’s over for him at Skoda.

Tidemand is actually there despite leaving the team, so it must be amicable. Maybe he has something lined up already for next year.

Gold Fabia: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtCHpZOXQAEvshZ?format=jpg

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Skoda Motorsport revealed 2019 season with new headquarters, new Fabia R5 evo2 with Rovanperä & Kopecky only. Good Bye Tidemand ► http://bit.ly/2P58pQc

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    This is not new Fabia R5 Evo 2, but only "design study with elements of 2019 Fabia".

10. Likes: AnttiL (27th November 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    like this livery

12. Likes: RS (28th November 2018),TWRC (28th November 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    @MotorsportSkoda

@MotorsportSkoda farewell to @PontusTidemand & Jonas Andersson, thank you guys for a fantastic performance #SKODA and all the best for your future.

https://twitter.com/MotorsportSkoda/...01532088811521

So where is he off to ?
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 27th November 2018 at 21:50.
    #M-SPORTER