Page 219 of 344 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3437
    Liked 96 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Think he meant like the KERS system, where it gives an additional boost of power at the press of a button. That would then give drivers a strategy as where would be best to deploy it, like uphill sections.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    on rally Sweden I heard something, that hybrid systems could/will be used on liaisons..
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Most likely nothing has been decided yet, but ideas are being thrown.
    If the system is about to be used only on the liaisons it will be nothing but a useless ballast on the stage. I seriously doubt such idea could ever pass through.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: cali (7th June 2019),pantealex (6th June 2019)
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...in-hyundai-wrc

Loeb to contest two national rallies in Hyundai i20 World Rally Car

Nine-time World Rally champion Sebastien Loeb will contest a pair of upcoming national rallies in a Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC, starting with next week's Rallye Vosges French Rally Championship round.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...in-hyundai-wrc

Loeb to contest two national rallies in Hyundai i20 World Rally Car

Nine-time World Rally champion Sebastien Loeb will contest a pair of upcoming national rallies in a Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC, starting with next week's Rallye Vosges French Rally Championship round.
    Tarmac rallies?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Tarmac rallies?
    Yes. Remember that this is old news, these entries were already announced some weeks ago.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Yes it's quite old news.
    It's perfectly logical that they use Loeb for that, since it's on tarmac that the car lacks the most. (Finland is just one rally)

They did quite a lot of testing before Corsica and while Neuville and Sordo were prbly a bit faster than before, it was still on the level of 4-5th place on pure speed. Loeb was terrible (relative to his tarmac skills) and a few levels slower than the year before in C3.

But as far as I can see there won't be anyone to compare against at these two rallies so hard to say what they get from it. Maybe just "free" testing kms without direct time comparison. Though you don't need to look on times to see the typical massive understeer.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Yesterday-today some Spanish portals have started writing about Alonso-Yaris WRC-RACC. Not your usual reliable sources and wouldn`t expect them to be true, but like he said, stays in the TGR family, but not in the WEC team.

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Quite many, probably. You have to remember, that nationals are nationals (= no longhauls, 1/3 or more shorter events with less maintenance, maybe, most probably smoother roads, due to the fact that there aren`t 10+ WRCs with top druvers tearing them, own crew etc). There is that money issue, yes, but if there is a market, the prices will come own a bit, repairs can be made (like today privateers do)...or run them in RX and replicate the aero.
    So why are those running WRC's (in the UK at least) not running the 2016 cars ? Because even they are too expensive.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, if you put it that way, then I can ask you why does mr. Gross drive a private 17WRC in Estonian/Latvian nationals? There have been private outings of M-Sport cars elsewhere also, though they have been rentals from M-Sport/JanPro. All those 50 (+-1-2) Fiesta RS WRCs are also privateer cars now (+some DS3-s, I20-s, something else you said shouldn`t be happening ("all drive old Subbies and Focus`", that was, what you said I believe?)
    Rally is expensive, no doubt about that, but wait a bit, let the cars themselves be cheaper (for sure, at the moment, being THE car, it is more pricey to buy-run).
    Last edited by Tarmop; 6th June 2019 at 18:10.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    How are the cars themselves going to be cheaper? To buy, of course, but to maintain? If that car is new, or 10 years old, you need to rebuild or replace expensive parts every xxx kms. And as long as you're going to M-Sport or Prodrive, for revision and parts, it's going to stay extremely expensive. At least that's the experience from some people who have owned previous generation WRC cars a couple of years ago. There's a reason all those old WRC cars, S2000 cars and S1600 cars have disappeared so fast, they're still expensive to maintain, and for the same (or little more) running cost you can have a quicker modern car.

And a person like Gross isn't the norm... How many people like him do you have in Europe?

12. Likes: AnttiL (6th June 2019),cali (7th June 2019),Mirek (6th June 2019),pantealex (6th June 2019),PLuto (7th June 2019),TWRC (8th June 2019)