Page 166 of 344 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3437
    Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    If you look at Norway, the situation is a bit different, the electricity I use for charging my cars is made from water/hydro powerplants only. So it is as carbonclean as possible.

Looking at Hydrogen/fuelcell tech is imteresting only until the next gen batteries comes along. I think hydrogen is a parenteses. But maybe Toyota finds a better way than todays picture.
    norways budget completely depends on the oil and gas they sell to the rest of the world.

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    norways budget completely depends on the oil and gas they sell to the rest of the world.
    Yes, that's quite funny. Norway has the highest percentage of electric cars but those get heavy subsidies with money coming from selling fossile fuels to others.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: pantealex (9th March 2019),Sulland (9th March 2019)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    But they make clear air and nature in places where they live.
    For example: we have 100 000 cars that produce 10 000kg of CO2 (irrelevant values, just for example) and 100% of that CO2 pollutes the air in city where lives 3 000 000 people.
    PowerPlant that burn coal for electricity have 50-70kms range for polluted air where lives 50 000 people, produce same 10 000kg of CO2 and powers same 100 000 cars. So air and ecology in a city was much better with using electric cars.

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    But they make clear air and nature in places where they live.
    Yeah, they achieve that by selling the shit to the others. That's quite a hypocrisy for me. But ok...

For example: we have 100 000 cars that produce 10 000kg of CO2 (irrelevant values, just for example) and 100% of that CO2 pollutes the air in city where lives 3 000 000 people.
    PowerPlant that burn coal for electricity have 50-70kms range for polluted air where lives 50 000 people, produce same 10 000kg of CO2 and powers same 100 000 cars. So air and ecology in a city was much better with using electric cars.
    You're mixing stuff. CO2 is not what causes problems in the cities. That is SOx, NOx and dust particles. CO2 causes issues with the atmosphere and its quantity is related directly to the fuel consumption. That means that the most simple way how to quickly reduce CO2 emissions right now is not to go electric (because that will take ages due to non-existing mass infrastructure) but to simply limit the maximum weight of the cars.

Currently the cities are flooded with huge overweight SUVs (who the hell needs something like GL or Q7 and for what?). Those hypocrites tell you how they think about environment and how they work on electrification but in the same time they produce more and more SUVs which produce 2-4x more emissions than a common small city car.

Of course electrification would help cities but most of the European cities have electric networks half a century old and it's impossible to just connect hundreds of thousands of cars to it. There are things which can be done right now, not in ten or twenty years. Less SUVs, less old cars with removed particle filters, less bribery at technical checks, better public transport etc. can help a lot more at the very moment.

And you know what would help the most? To limit useless transport of things (including tourism of course). The global economy brought us to the state where we have in every single moment around 200 thousand commercial ariliners in the air, millions of trucks on the roads and thousands of ships on the seas. Most of that what they transport can be produced locally but that would not bring those billions to the few people driving the whole circus who tell you how you shall think about the nature and stuff.

Not even speaking about absurd overproduction of everything. We buy loads of non-necessary stuff just to be cool. The things are designed to brake down after two years so that we need to buy new ones. All of that has to be produced somehow and from something. Electric cars is not what will bring us salvation because those are only another part of this craziness. The only thing which can bring a real change is a change of thinking - and that will not come.

Sorry for a long post but this is why this "let's go electric and everything will be fine" is nothing more than a bullshit for me.
    Last edited by Mirek; 9th March 2019 at 19:30.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: AnttiL (9th March 2019),cali (10th March 2019),dnb (9th March 2019),Franky (11th March 2019),KKS (9th March 2019),Marcco (11th March 2019),Mk2 RS2000 (9th March 2019),NickRally (10th March 2019)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    1.Yeah, they achieve that by selling the shit to the others. That's quite a hypocrisy for me.

2. Of course electrification would help cities but most of the European cities have electric networks half a century old and it's impossible to just connect hundreds of thousands of cars to it. There are things which can be done right now, not in ten or twenty years. Less SUVs, less old cars with removed particle filters, less bribery at technical checks, better public transport etc. can help a lot more at the very moment.

3. And you know what would help the most? To limit useless transport of things (including tourism of course). The global economy brought us to the state where we have in every single moment around 200 thousand commercial ariliners in the air, millions of trucks on the roads and thousands of ships on the seas. Most of that what they transport can be produced locally but that would not bring those billions to the few people driving the whole circus who tell you how you shall think about the nature and stuff.

4. Not even speaking about absurd overproduction of everything. We buy loads of non-necessary stuff just to be cool. The things are designed to brake down.

5. Sorry for a long post but this is why this "let's go electric and everything will be fine" is nothing more than a bullshit for me.
    1. Yes, we were lucky and have maid a lot from selling oil&gas, and have a lot of people having their income from that. But north sea oil and gas is some of the less polluting way of producing it.
    2. Ours is also old. Oldå as in IT net. But new areas developed for houses get 3 phase 400v transport net TN standard. 3-4 commercial companies build out quick-chargers, so you can charge an e-Golf to 80% in 30 min at aprox 0,25€ per minute.
    But mostly we charge at home on 10amp and many get free charging at work.
    3. Spot on. One Maersk car carrier that burns heavy oil 24/7/365 pollutes more than ALL european cars during a year!!
    4. Spot on.
    5. 3% of Norwegians I guess buy an e car due to try to save the globe. The rest of us to save money.
    call it bullshit or being a hypocrat, I dont mind.

I drive 2x60 km to work, and saves a lot by driving in my tiny radiocar, an e-up. - compared to a fossil car.

But this is a wanted change made by bold politicians.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Yeah, they achieve that by selling the shit to the others. That's quite a hypocrisy for me. But ok...
    It's like with waste problem. If all keep waste near own houses - all city will be dirty. So decide one place will be dirty and all others - was clean. And electric cars can help with this. And BTW, electricity produced not 100% only by coal power plants. Here In Ukraine we have 53% of electricity produced by Nuclear power plants. So it even 'cheaper' for ecology.
    With a rest of your post - I totally agree.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Now with Sordo winning Street Stage Leon 2 (and Lappi and Mikkelsen also winning SS1 and SS2), all factory WRC drivers have won a stage in 2019.

10. Likes: EstWRC (10th March 2019)
    Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    It's like with waste problem. If all keep waste near own houses - all city will be dirty. So decide one place will be dirty and all others - was clean. And electric cars can help with this. And BTW, electricity produced not 100% only by coal power plants. Here In Ukraine we have 53% of electricity produced by Nuclear power plants. So it even 'cheaper' for ecology.
    With a rest of your post - I totally agree.
    And Nuclear power plants are "clean" ?
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    And Nuclear power plants are "clean" ?
    Exceptionally clean. They produce only energy and heat, and any byproduct is contained inside a relatively small casket that can be buried a mile underground after 30 years of generating power. It is the cleanest source of energy ever devised by man.

Edit: Tom Fowler (chief engineer at Toyota) comes from the Nuclear industry. Tom, if you're reading this, back me up!
    Last edited by sonnybobiche; 10th March 2019 at 06:47.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Exceptionally clean. They produce only energy and heat, and any byproduct is contained inside a relatively small casket that can be buried a mile underground after 30 years of generating power. It is the cleanest source of energy ever devised by man.
    In theory, as long as nothing goes wrong?