Page 198 of 344 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3437
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    BOOM! Go Jari!
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    So maybe they are testing him as a possible candidate for the NORF?

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    So maybe they are testing him as a possible candidate for the NORF?
    If it hasn't been decided already...

It's not the first time Huttunen drives that car. I'm sure the team is fully aware of his capabilities, even without the Riihimäki entry.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Such a surprise! And sadly I can’t go spectate the event...

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Jari Huttunen
    ‏ @HuttunenRacing
    2 min2 minuuttia sitten

Next step: Finnish Rally Championship Riihimäki Ralli on 25th of May with Hyundai i20 WRC. “The feeling is very good and we are trying to get more mileage and build confidence in this rally.” #rally
    For sure there´s gonna be changes... Good for Jari.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 9,338 Times in 4,958 Posts
    Rally GB to leave Wales? The main story in this week's MN is WRC Promoter's desire for the event to visit other parts of the UK - otherwise the British round's future could be in doubt. https://t.co/jjpoaUSHlW

7. Likes: AndyRAC (15th May 2019),the sniper (15th May 2019)
    Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    And now you can see it online: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...-gb-wrc-future

Wales Rally GB should make a short-term move to Northern Ireland for 2020 and then rotate around Britain to safeguard its World Rally Championship future, says the WRC Promoter.

The 2020 calendar will be discussed at Friday's meeting of the WRC Commission in Geneva.

Corsica and Germany are expected to drop off the calendar to make way for returns to Japan and Kenya, putting more pressure on European events to earn the right to be on the calendar.

To retain one of those slots, the WRC Promoter favours a move to Northern Ireland next season, followed by a process of rotating Britain's premier rally around UK regions.

WRC Promoter's Oliver Ciesla told Autosport: "Britain is one of the big markets where we would definitely like to be with the WRC.

"There's a huge fan base and lots of tradition.

"But we are running this event, not in the heart of the country where the fans are.

"We have been pushing for change and we are hopeful this can be achieved in the next year already."

There has been growing speculation of a possible switch to Belfast for next season and Ciesla said such a move would be vital for the rally's future at the sport's highest level.

He added: "Is a move to Northern Ireland key to GB's future? Yes. I would say it is key [to the future].

"If you look in the long-term perspective, I do not see a long-term calendar where we continue to go to Wales again and again.

"Northern Ireland is of interest [to the WRC]. I don't want to say this is necessarily a long-term plan, but to go for a while or once could be an interesting variation for Rally GB.

"Maybe [there is] a model inside the UK moving from one location to another; it's an idea that's been circulated recently and it is very appealing to us.

"It would deliver on the notion to bring as much change and entertainment and to reach out to many destinations to keep this passion for rallying alive in many locations."

A WRC event ran in the Republic of Ireland in the late 2000s, but Northern Ireland's only major internatoonal event has been the Circuit of Ireland, which was part of the European Rally Championship between 2014-16, but hasn't run since then over funding issues.

Rally GB clerk of the course Iain Campbell told Autosport that talks for a potential move to Northern Ireland have already started.

"Motorsport UK [British governing body, formally MSA] has been working with the Welsh Assembly, the WRC Promoter and the devolved governments of Northern Ireland and Scotland about securing the long-term future for [the] WRC in the United Kingdom for some time now," Campbell said.

"The whole of the county offers the opportunity of providing a superb backdrop to the best rallying action in the world - through the special stages, the unique heritage and the passionate rally fans no matter where it is based.

"Our focus just now is on delivering an exciting challenge in October '19, encompassing new stages and a new rally base right in the heart of Llandudno."
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    What kind of roads would Northern Ireland offer? Would it be a tarmac rally? Do they have the public road legislation which passed in Wales and Scotland?

I would love to see the current WRC cars in Kielder and Grizedale.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Jari Huttunen
    ‏ @HuttunenRacing
    2 min2 minuuttia sitten

Next step: Finnish Rally Championship Riihimäki Ralli on 25th of May with Hyundai i20 WRC. “The feeling is very good and we are trying to get more mileage and build confidence in this rally.” #rally
    I see 3 options:
    - It has already been decided he will drive the WRC car in Rally Finnland and this is for him to get used to it

- He is a candidate and his performance/feedback from this rally will decide. (but I don't see anyone to compare with, he should beat Katsuta easily)

- This is for testing/data before homologating the new upgrades they plan before Finland

Last point can clearly also be combined with first two.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Said it a few years back that this is what GB event should do. Rotate around Wales, NI, Scotland and England. Even if it's 3-5yrs in each place so local business and sponsors can come on board it would be great - there's some fantastic roads all over the uk, tarmac and gravel. A rally in NI would definitely be a tarmac event which might suit for next year if Germany and Corsica go

12. Likes: AndyRAC (15th May 2019)