Threaded View

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    That’s a silly question. The point here is to establish a viable top national category and support it as the main national class. That’s what has been done with R5 cars and thanks to it most European national series have now balanced and competitive top fields. It’s not hard to understand that balance will be at risk with the introduction of hugely expensive WRC cars.
    Well you were the one to bring up the F1/F3 comparison. Rallying has always had different classes of cars within the same overall competition, circuit racing more rarely so.

I repeat myself: I don't mean WRC cars should be allowed to score points. They would work merely as an attraction for spectators. In most cases the absence of the WRC car wouldn't mean the same driver would do the event in an R5 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

Also Your example with WRC2 is wrong (or it actually proves that Tommeke was right). The number of people following WRC2 is way lower than of those following overall standings (hell, even common media don't bother with WRC2 - even in Czech Republic where one would expect them to write something about Škoda or Kopecký's successes You usually get an information that Ogier won and Kopecký was 15th without bothering with any further details).
    Well of course WRC2 is not as interesting as main WRC, it can't be compared to a national event with a guest WRC driver ahead of the actually competing R5's.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 16th May 2019 at 15:36.

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (16th May 2019),pantealex (22nd May 2019)