Page 299 of 314 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3134
    Liked 435 Times in 128 Posts
    I remember Mäkinen said somewhere that driver bonuses may be up to 100k per event or sometimes even more

Liked 271 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Can you describe Meeke as team-player?

You should not concentrate on the fact that Latavala was more Lucky than Meeke. To hit that stone, they both ignored Mäkinens instructions to "manage the pace and do not try to match Tänaks pace". They both failed.
    The difference comes from next episode. Latvala backed-off, took it to "confortable level" and lost some speed. But this was exactly what team expected. Conclusions made, job well done. Meeke meanwhile.. did another stupid mistake.
    I'm not, joukki is.
    Lol.. Manage position? Top 4 covered by 0.6s? Top 7 by 20s. There is only one speed.

3. Likes: er88 (9th August 2019),Norm75 (9th August 2019),steve.mandzij (9th August 2019),tommeke_B (9th August 2019)
    Liked 200 Times in 109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    I'm not, joukki is.
    Lol.. Manage position? Top 4 covered by 0.6s? Top 7 by 20s. There is only one speed.
    You're quite right. Rallies are so short now, every event is a sprint. There is no "managing pace".

5. Likes: janvanvurpa (10th August 2019)
    Liked 115 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Even more interesting is how are these bonuses threated when a technical issue ruins the result. Tanak in Sardinia is easy example, but Tanak in Argentina retiring from close fight for win in the middle of the rally is much more difficult.
    Yes, that would be extremely interesting to know. Paging any journalists...

Liked 201 Times in 106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    I'm not, joukki is.
    Yes, this was the difficulty with this rally. Back off, even slightly, and the result could be no better than pushing the limits and being very unlucky. And I do believe this year Kris has been very unlucky. He hasn't pushed way over his limit, he has had one incident where he cut an inch or two too much and paid a heavy price, and another where he clipped a rock at the side of the road and paid a heavy price again.
    Trouble is, if you are in a rythym, and that rythym is a fast one, it can be difficult to slow that rythym down without mistakes creeping in. As we saw on Sunday, Kris made another mistake, but this time his speed was not as fast, as he was in cruise mode until the power stage.

If the margins in this rally were greater, we may have seen a different mindset, and a different outcome, but that is all ifs, buts and maybes.

I hope Kris can regroup and come back stronger. He knows his place, and his job. He deserves to be in the championship imo as he is one of the fastest, and spectacular drivers out there.
    Last edited by Norm75; 9th August 2019 at 17:54.

8. Likes: er88 (9th August 2019),Rally Power (9th August 2019)
    Liked 3,341 Times in 1,485 Posts
    Takamoto Katsuta says goodbye

10. Likes: cali (10th August 2019)
    Liked 345 Times in 192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Yes, this was the difficulty with this rally. Back off, even slightly, and the result could be no better than pushing the limits and being very unlucky. And I do believe this year Kris has been very unlucky. He hasn't pushed way over his limit, he has had one incident where he cut an inch or two too much and paid a heavy price, and another where he clipped a rock at the side of the road and paid a heavy price again.
    Trouble is, if you are in a rythym, and that rythym is a fast one, it can be difficult to slow that rythym down without mistakes creeping in. As we saw on Sunday, Kris made another mistake, but this time his speed was not as fast, as he was in cruise mode until the power stage.

If the margins in this rally were greater, we may have seen a different mindset, and a different outcome, but that is all ifs, buts and maybes.

I hope Kris can regroup and come back stronger. He knows his place, and his job. He deserves to be in the championship imo as he is one of the fastest, and spectacular drivers out there.
    Very well said.

Liked 744 Times in 369 Posts
    Japanese love JML. I think I already wrote this, but it comes from Tommi and the days of Mitsu. Tommy was a Finn and the Japanese fell in love with him. Everyone had Tommi livery on their evos. When JML came along they could relate to him. There are so many Japanese publications with JML and his cars in Japan. They all love the guy. You can also see why Toyoda loves Tommi...he was the first Japanese Finnish rally driver love affair.

Liked 1,258 Times in 613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Takamoto Katsuta says goodbye
    "See you very soon my friends in Wales" is what he says, so probably skipping only Turkey, not goodbye.
    (but he has done all his 7 WRC2 starts)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2,563 Times in 778 Posts
    Wales with Yaris WRC?