Page 175 of 344 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 3437
    Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    He had money for new car and he bought TCR-model...

Why not (i20) R5 ???

He is still doing rallies with very very old model i20 which isn´t even FIA legal. No chance to compete even in WRC Australia...
    Hyundai could/should gave him one R5 to attack at Pro. But hey they don't care like other teams don't.

2. Likes: the sniper (7th April 2019),WRC1 (7th April 2019)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    HMSG don't care for him at all!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Hyundai also dropped Jari Huttunen from the WRC2 program. Or actually, Huttunen just said in a recent interview that he still hasn't been told he's dropped, but no drives either. Not sure if it has to do with Andrea Adamo being previously the R5 program manager, has anyone filled those shoes?

As for Paddon, it truly seems he's just cementing his future in the NZ motorsport scene and not investing in a WRC comeback.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Hyundai also dropped Jari Huttunen from the WRC2 program. Or actually, Huttunen just said in a recent interview that he still hasn't been told he's dropped, but no drives either.
    Maybe Hyundai could invest some of the money saved from the cancelled WRC2 program into management courses. "How to manage your employees" would be good to start with.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...chaft-zurueck/

I know it's been spoken of sometime but now it seems the Rally of Japan only needs to be signed off by the FIA. It seems Kenya & Japan will be added at the expense of 2 European rallies, the main contenders for leaving are Sardegna, Corsica & Germany. Again I know it's not new (news) but it seems imminent that this will happen.
    Yes, it does seem like a deal was done during Oliver Ciesla's visit last week. An official announcement is scheduled for the 14th June. There is a new Rally Japan website up (wrc-jpn.com, mostly in Japanese so far) and another candidate event scheduled for November. The official logo has also been announced. http://www.wrc-jpn.com/common/data/M..._2019No4_j.pdf
    Last edited by Rally Hokkaido; 8th April 2019 at 09:50.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    As for Paddon, it truly seems he's just cementing his future in the NZ motorsport scene and not investing in a WRC comeback.
    What should he do instead. He will show what he have in his sleeves and maybe just maybe he will be back (hoping that maybe he will get a call during this season to step up again instead of someone... I will not going further). The stupidest thing would be to pay for a one or two outings. Then all will assume that he will always pay for drive and will be not better than Ostberg...

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    He had money for new car and he bought TCR-model...

Why not (i20) R5 ???

He is still doing rallies with very very old model i20 which isn´t even FIA legal. No chance to compete even in WRC Australia...
    1. Are you sure that he brought it?
    2. AP4 Car allows for some more testing of development of componentry as a test bed vehicle than the R5 does before reverting to AP4 specs for NZRC and/or APRC events
    3. Regional homologation and it will be interesting to see it up against the top European R5 cars should he take it to WRC Australia.
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    What should he do instead.
    Do some drives in WRC2. But I understand what he's doing is building on his future beyond the WRC, although at the same time is not really helping the WRC return in any ways.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 9th April 2019 at 07:40.

10. Likes: EstWRC (9th April 2019),pantealex (9th April 2019),racerx1979 (9th April 2019),the sniper (9th April 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    I agree with AnttiL regarding Paddon. The most important thing is to stay relevant. Just like Mikkelsen did in early 2017. Be around, do recces, have occasional outings in some R5 etc. Things change quickly, and if Paddon fails to keep his name in the mix (something that requires effort, won't happen automatically), the reputation soon starts to fade away. But as said, it's totally understandable what Paddon is doing for his long-term career in the motorsport business, just not for the WRC.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

12. Likes: AnttiL (9th April 2019),Marcco (9th April 2019),pantealex (9th April 2019)
    In comparison to the two other WRC refugees, Østberg has even tested Citroen's WRC car and will have some WRC2Pro drives, where he gets to recce the events and show his face on the WRC broadcasts. Breen has done some tarmac rallies in Ireland and Italy, but not even on ERC level. Paddon hasn't driven yet any rallies and according to his plans he won't be rallying in WRC level or European rallies at all.

14. Likes: pantealex (9th April 2019)