Page 214 of 232 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2313
  1. #2131
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    6,915
    Like
    2,936
    Liked 5,917 Times in 2,459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Good podcast interview with Julian Porter - season so far, news and rumours.

    Absolute Rally: https://www.podbean.com/media/player...22b88-pb?vjs=1
    thanks for the link.

    very interesting to hear Porters insights. Especially about the Toyota rim problems, Kruuda was saying the same after Corsica as Porter here.

    and the fact that Mikkelsen now has rally-to-rally contract. I didnt know that.

    Nobody hasnt mentioned it here ?
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

  2. Likes: AnttiL (25th May 2019),er88 (25th May 2019)
  3. #2132
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    899
    Like
    269
    Liked 684 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    thanks for the link.

    very interesting to hear Porters insights. Especially about the Toyota rim problems, Kruuda was saying the same after Corsica as Porter here.

    and the fact that Mikkelsen now has rally-to-rally contract. I didnt know that.

    Nobody hasnt mentioned it here ?
    Apparently they renegotiated to a specific term at the beginning of 2019. Not sure of the exact terms, but Hyundai has given Andreas plenty of chances. Loebs Chile results did not help. They're now short of drivers for Finland and we all know Andreas performs poorly in Finland...he said it himself during Chile. So now they're desperate and have Huttunen testing as he might be their only hope for Finland. What to do with Andreas moving forward? Loeb won't do the full season... Bring Paddon back or try to get Ostberg or Breen??
    Last edited by racerx1979; 25th May 2019 at 09:23.

  4. #2133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,482
    Like
    218
    Liked 1,427 Times in 800 Posts
    It is entirely funny how Citroen was criticized for dropping Meeke for one rally after 4 crashes in 3 rallies in 2017.... afterwards they didn't drop him even when two next rallies were both disaster (no speed In Finland and crash on first SS in Germany.
    They kept him in the car and he won the 3rd rally.

    Now when Hyundai drops Mikkelsen
    one rally after finishing 2nd "he has had enough chances". What was it he did again? Oh he finished 7th scoring more points that both Toyota drivers, the horror.

    The only logical explanation is that Loeb's performance there is the main reason and they definitely wanted him to drive. When deciding whom to drop they picked Mikkelsen. So 1. Want Loeb =>2.Drop one of the others => 3. Mikkelsen. Not the complely other way around as some people here suggest.

    The underlying reason might be that Hyundai expects good improvement from the changes they have planned after Sardinia (that will benefit anyone who drives the car) and tries to squeeze out as much points as possible with "worse" car they have now.

  5. #2134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,230
    Like
    5
    Liked 751 Times in 407 Posts
    Well, he had a great going in 2016, with several wins, in 2017, before his "one-event drop", Meeke had a win+ a DNF from 1. place because of a broken engine at that time. Plus he wasn`t his teammates shadow. And he had less outings in the C3, like all the guys at that time (with their new generations) but like always, you tend to forget, that Mikkelsen has had 22 starts in the i20 by now...Meeke got 18 in the C3, being the best driver with it, before being benched.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 25th May 2019 at 18:47.

  6. Likes: cali (26th May 2019),dimviii (25th May 2019),er88 (26th May 2019),EstWRC (25th May 2019),pantealex (26th May 2019),tommeke_B (25th May 2019)
  7. #2135

  8. #2136
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    43
    Like
    2
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    it all depends if Paddon participates or not, im sure if he does then there would be a lot of people. im just assuming, i cant be 100% sure.

    but at the moment it isnt hard to get more people on the stages than at Australia. For me that rally has stagnated.

    Would be great to at least give a chance to NZ and to see what happens.
    With the 'events and promotions' section Ateed part of the Auckland Council involved with the wrc bid. Many nz rally fans would probably prefer ateed were not involved and preferred Ateed kept with what they are best at , the lantern festival , the santa parade and fashion week. etc. Doesn't help that the transport section of the council are doing their best to try and get people out of their cars and use public transport. Certainly NZ could be contenders for a round of the world Bus racing championship.
    https://www.driven.co.nz/news/motors...-as-next-year/


    I would prefer to to see a 'Historic World Cup' Rally Championship(sort of like the old jetsprint World Championship) where one event decides the title but the event moves around 6 or so countries. NZ, Germany etc

    https://silverfernrally.co.nz/ (2020)

  9. #2137

  10. #2138
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    869
    Like
    807
    Liked 1,194 Times in 503 Posts
    F*** off David!
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  11. Likes: pantealex (27th May 2019)
  12. #2139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    643
    Like
    0
    Liked 241 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It is entirely funny how Citroen was criticized for dropping Meeke for one rally after 4 crashes in 3 rallies in 2017.... afterwards they didn't drop him even when two next rallies were both disaster (no speed In Finland and crash on first SS in Germany.
    They kept him in the car and he won the 3rd rally.

    Now when Hyundai drops Mikkelsen
    one rally after finishing 2nd "he has had enough chances". What was it he did again? Oh he finished 7th scoring more points that both Toyota drivers, the horror.

    The only logical explanation is that Loeb's performance there is the main reason and they definitely wanted him to drive. When deciding whom to drop they picked Mikkelsen. So 1. Want Loeb =>2.Drop one of the others => 3. Mikkelsen. Not the complely other way around as some people here suggest.

    The underlying reason might be that Hyundai expects good improvement from the changes they have planned after Sardinia (that will benefit anyone who drives the car) and tries to squeeze out as much points as possible with "worse" car they have now.
    Meeke was leading rallys, beating his team mate, and trying to do something..Mikkelsen pace on occasions is pathetic with no answer.

    Anyways.. we will not see him next year so you can stop your yapping about Mikkelsen soon.

  13. #2140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    811
    Like
    287
    Liked 43 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi2 View Post
    Doesn't help that the transport section of the council are doing their best to try and get people out of their cars and use public transport. Certainly NZ could be contenders for a round of the world Bus racing championship.
    I think you'll find most cities around the world promote public transport. Obviously you must enjoy spending time sitting in peak hour traffic.

    Case in point. 2004 Rally NZ, the first two stages were the Manukau Super Specials on Thursday night. The rally cars had to make their way to south Auckland through peak hour traffic. This crawl basically killed the rally for the Mitsubishi WRC04s of Gilles Panizzi & Kristian Sohlberg. They arrived with dead batteries and their rally was basically over before it had started.

    More people on buses, trains, bikes and ferries is a no-brainer.
    Last edited by Maui J.; 29th May 2019 at 10:18.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •