Page 154 of 344 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3437
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Any news or rumors about Skoda WRC project?
    What about Proton?

Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Interested to see that will there be any wrc cars on the Autoglym Rally. Same weekend as that Estonian rally. Seemingly teams will go there. Could be fun to see that rally aswell, though Autoglym would be cool since it is so close to where I live.

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Roads are similar, especially with added jumps, surface though, is another story. Still, Tänak won both, Torn in JWRC won both, Paddon was by far the best Hyundai, taking 4th with the setups he tested in RE, Huttunen and Pietarinen were the fastest non-WRC in RE, took 1-2 in WRC2 Finland.
    That's what I thought about immediately. While Paddon was fastest Hyundai also the year before, the difference between Tanak and his teammates was somewhat surprising. Especially when Latvala was so fast the year before.

Breen didn't have a good rally though, but it was mostly due to the early mistake on friday which put him into road cleaning position.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] News & Rumours 2019

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    That's what I thought about immediately. While Paddon was fastest Hyundai also the year before, the difference between Tanak and his teammates was somewhat surprising. Especially when Latvala was so fast the year before.
    So Tänak was faster than Latvala and Lappi only because he did Rally Estonia? I mean, it was the same all year and Tänak had plenty of testing days in Finland.

5. Likes: lnvs (3rd March 2019),pantealex (4th March 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    He used his RE setup and the results was there. His pace was for sure magnificent like it has been in recent time, but still hewas humiliating his teammates, at their home event, which they both were leadingin 2017.

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Finland was where I was expecting the 3 to be closest, specially since the differences are often quite small there (in terms of seconds). In the end up to that point of the season it was kind of the biggest (unexpected) outclassing. It was definitely not the same all year, early on Latvala or Tanak were often out before you could compare anything and Lappi was doing those rallies for first time in wrc (sometimes even for the first time ever). After Finland there were big differences in Germany and GB but not really in Spain and certainly not in Australia or Turkey.

Off course it's impossible to say how important Rally Estonia was for that, but it's a fact that he did it and the others did not.

Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Roads are similar, especially with added jumps, surface though, is another story. Still, Tänak won both, Torn in JWRC won both, Paddon was by far the best Hyundai, taking 4th with the setups he tested in RE, Huttunen and Pietarinen were the fastest non-WRC in RE, took 1-2 in WRC2 Finland.
    They do great setups in any country for Finland when someone wants to pay teams for testing. Roads are not similar and some added jumps that is just absurd. Main reason to choose RE over some testing in Finland is money.

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnvs View Post
    They do great setups in any country for Finland when someone wants to pay teams for testing. Roads are not similar and some added jumps that is just absurd. Main reason to choose RE over some testing in Finland is money.
    If the question is "Testing in Finland" or "Rally Estonia" it is Rally Estonia. Quite simply because: It will not count towards the testing days (Toyota are free close to HQ in Finland.)

10. Likes: pantealex (4th March 2019)
    Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnvs View Post
    what a load of BS!!!

some of you Finns are acting here like kids whose candy has been taken away.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 4th March 2019 at 06:47.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    With all honesty I'm super happy for Estonians to have this event. You have a star driver and a lot of enthusiasm for the sport and at this moment it's impossible to get a WRC round. Having this promotional event is a great solution for you. I say this even though it means Autoglym rally which runs very close to my home won't have WRC teams.

But I still can't agree that Tänak found his 2018 pace only through testing in Rally Estonia.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 4th March 2019 at 07:03.

13. Likes: AL14 (4th March 2019),EstWRC (4th March 2019),maailmameister (4th March 2019),pantealex (4th March 2019)