Page 192 of 344 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3437
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    Rallye Magazin expects Skoda to end works rally programm for E-TCR

https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...g-rundstrecke/
    Given the direct quotes from Hrabánek, this sounds likely. At least they will stay in rallying as a provider of customer cars.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    The sister company VW could always use their abilities to produce a reliable R5 car..
    Well, Škoda has been engaged on the international rally scene for nearly a century-long period. It would be sad if they leave.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: pantealex (4th May 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Well, Škoda has been engaged on the international rally scene for nearly a century-long period. It would be sad if they leave.
    Sounds like they will continue with the R5 programme at least, I hope beyond the current (new) version.

I am not against electric racing of any form but it would be sad to see Skoda choose this over a full WRC return.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Sounds like they will continue with the R5 programme at least, I hope beyond the current (new) version.

I am not against electric racing of any form but it would be sad to see Skoda choose this over a full WRC return.
    VAG leadership decided already some time a go to push for full electric future.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    I guess that we need to forget about Skoda and hope for Subaru to really step into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Had heard rumours that they were considering making a petrol/hybrid Fabia vRS with the electric motors adding a big boost to the performance however looks like they are going the full Scalectrix route.
    It looks like Skoda’s electric vehicles will for now at least be standalone models (apart from the Citigo) so a hybrid Fabia RS is possible, but not until the next generation road car.

Seems pretty obvious the FIA are going to have to introduce some kind of hybridisation to the top classes of rallying in the near future. Even F1 has been running hybrids of some type for years now.

But this Skoda to ETCR rumour might explain the driver cull at the end of last year and the huge scaling back of their WRC2 programme.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    As late as about 1,5 years ago Skoda was seen as "almost certain" to join WRC (by me as well). Now we have rumors of moving out completely. Add to that Citroen "threatening" to leave next year if rule changes are not introduced and Ford not joining MSport even after winning 3 titles (2 driver + 1 manu) and having the 6 time champion in the car.

Wonder what all the people saying how WRC rules are perfect and FIA should not "destroy" them with changes think about it.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    As late as about 1,5 years ago Skoda was seen as "almost certain" to join WRC (by me as well). Now we have rumors of moving out completely. Add to that Citroen "threatening" to leave next year if rule changes are not introduced and Ford not joining MSport even after winning 3 titles (2 driver + 1 manu) and having the 6 time champion in the car.

Wonder what all the people saying how WRC rules are perfect and FIA should not "destroy" them with changes think about it.
    The top category will go hybrid from 2022, that is already decided, now how the system will be introduced is still in discussion.

VAG is very frustrated because they have heavily invested in the iD race car with low social media engagement, that is why they are desperately looking for another electric race series to promote their technology, cant blame them for that.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Maybe Skoda is stepping away to give VW room for a full WRC return in 2022, with a hybrid car. Despite the big announcements of future EV’s launches, VW is intensifying the use of mild hybrids systems on their ICE models, which will still be dominant during the next decade (at least).
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    The top category will go hybrid from 2022, that is already decided, now how the system will be introduced is still in discussion.
    Look how that story about all electric went in World RX. It was all decided and then all of sudden everyone leaves. I still think that even if they plan to introduce electric there no one will join. Here will be the same story.