Page 3 of 181 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    I did Monte in 2006 & 2007, still great memories. And after almost 10 years working outside Europe, i may have the opportunity to be back for Monte next year
    Is it still almost impossible to spectate 2 stages in the same loop? What i remember is that moving between stages whilst the rally starts is almost impossible and you basically have to pick 1 stage for the day unfortunately. (or 1 stage in the morning and 1 stage in the afternoon)
    Any advice on that?
    Also is shakedown worth it?
    Thanks.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    I did Monte in 2006 & 2007, still great memories. And after almost 10 years working outside Europe, i may have the opportunity to be back for Monte next year
    Is it still almost impossible to spectate 2 stages in the same loop? What i remember is that moving between stages whilst the rally starts is almost impossible and you basically have to pick 1 stage for the day unfortunately. (or 1 stage in the morning and 1 stage in the afternoon)
    Any advice on that?
    Thanks.
    With helicopter, you can spectate all stages in the same loop

3. Likes: WRC1 (22nd November 2018)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Can't speak specifically for Monte, but I think Shakedown is one of the highlights of a WRC weekend. Plenty of time to see multiple passes from different corners, almost nonstop action.

5. Likes: WRC1 (22nd November 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Is it still almost impossible to spectate 2 stages in the same loop? What i remember is that moving between stages whilst the rally starts is almost impossible and you basically have to pick 1 stage for the day unfortunately.
    Depends on the exact route of the loop. Sometimes You can do that but more often You can't. I think that in case of Monte Carlo it's better to pick one stage and walk until You get to a point which looks like an absolute must to see. Usually You can get only to 1-2 places per stage by car (except for start and finish) but in between there are plenty of great spots not accessible for normal spectator. From my memories we often walked kilometers on the stage between first and second run. And after that You can build snowmen (if there's some snow) until they come

Yes for me.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
    Went to Montie 2017 great event I did lots of planning using Rallymaps but all the small roads had been closed by police and we ended up walking from the start or Finish of stage each time ( quite a lot of walking!!!!)
    We got a Airb&B is Sisteon some stages were closer and some father away but central and cheap

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Japé View Post
    Couldn't find the date when registrations are closed?
    Started yesterday and is open 1 month, so 21 or 22 december
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm planning to visit Rally Monte Carlo first time in my life, is it whole rally is free for spectators?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFrentzen View Post
    I'm planning to visit Rally Monte Carlo first time in my life, is it whole rally is free for spectators?
    Yes.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Flights are booked and I have managed to get some accommodation north of gap in saint firman.
    I just need to find a good hire car company that can provide snow chains. Flying into Marseille and out of Marseille if anyone can recommend any companies
    Cheers

Liked 49 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOSSY View Post
    Flights are booked and I have managed to get some accommodation north of gap in saint firman.
    I just need to find a good hire car company that can provide snow chains. Flying into Marseille and out of Marseille if anyone can recommend any companies
    Cheers
    At Marseille airport i rent through Sixt in 2017 an Opel Mokka with winter tyres