Page 115 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1805
    Liked 16,091 Times in 6,982 Posts

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Big figth for the win and for P3; also for best R5. It’d be great to have a normal All Live day tomorrow, but probably that’s asking too much…

Btw, nice to hear that Sordo will run Rali Serras de Fafe, the Portuguese series opening event!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    I guess I have to give credit where credit's due... Never liked him as a driver, but Mikkelsen has done a superb job today. Especially with all the pressure he has to deliver some proper results this year. Sure it's Monte and there's plenty of stages to go, but well done anyway.
    Maybe I was wrong with you ;-)

Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    I guess I have to give credit where credit's due... Never liked him as a driver, but Mikkelsen has done a superb job today. Especially with all the pressure he has to deliver some proper results this year. Sure it's Monte and there's plenty of stages to go, but well done anyway.
    I agree, Mikkelsen has surprised and done well after a shaky start. Same for Latvala, could have easily gone under after a few stages but has knuckled down and driven well today.

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (25th January 2019),AnttiL (25th January 2019),olemann (25th January 2019),WUff1 (26th January 2019)
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    I´ve always been a fan of Mikkelsen but yesterday was the first time I though Hyundai should replace him with someone else. He started in the same way he ended 2018 and it looked like there was no end to it.
    Today he has proven himself to be a fast driver and if we look at Monte Carlo the last 3 years, he has actually done a good job every year. Second in 2016, first in 2017 (WRC 2) and in top 3 last year before the car broke down (correct me if im wrong on this one).

Let this guy get his confidence back, get the car more suited for himself and Loeb on tarmac and he will be on the podium many times this year. Mark my words.
    Last edited by Eric; 25th January 2019 at 18:15.

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (25th January 2019),WUff1 (26th January 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I think you are all too hang up in the "as good as last rally" and tire choices.

Yesterday Mikkelsen and Loeb were only ones on same tires and were at same pace, quite far off the others on other tires.

Today Mikkelsen has similar speed as he had on Monte last year. I20 works well on bumpy and slippery/tricky tarmac, while it works quite bad on smooth/high grip tarmac (Shakedown here, Spain, Corsica, most of Germany).

So while he did good today it's not really much of a change.

10. Likes: AnttiL (25th January 2019)
    Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I´ve always been a fan of Mikkelsen but yesterday was the first time I though Hyundai should replace him with someone else. He started in the same way he ended 2018 and it looked like there was no end to it.
    Today he has proven himself to be a fast driver and if we look at Monte Carlo the last 3 years, he has actually done a good job every year. Second in 2016, first in 2017 (WRC 2) and in top 3 last year before the car broke down (correct me if im wrong on this one).

Let this guy get his confidence back, get the car more suited for himself and Loeb on tarmac and he will be on the podium many times this year. Mark my words.
    He's been very very quick today and won WRC2 by a landslide in 2017, not to mention he'd been pretty good in the Polo and quick in the C3 (albeit a little shaky when it came to leading a rally and converting speed into wins; Australia 2016 was a masterclass drive from him however).

It's very relieving to see him back on the place we all knew he had lurking somewhere.

Monte has been quite exciting in terms of pace too. Every driver (bar perhaps Suninen, but he hasn't been slow at all) has shown very good speed, even Evans. Sure enough, it is Monte after all, and strategy plays as big a part as anything, but it's refreshing to see large gaps go in a matter of kilometers and drivers go from joint stage win to being penultimate on the next. Very enjoyable rally so far!

12. Likes: sturlabr (25th January 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I don't believe they design anything about them besides the color.

It would make no sense to do that when there are big company's who are specialized in that. They don't design their own tyres of brake pads too.
    They give them ET and weight and probably other important specs. The difference can be big, like OEM manuf. producing A vs B-cat parts etc.

nice rallyciak video
    https://youtu.be/6L_xwwDxrok

15. Likes: stefanvv (25th January 2019)