Page 116 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1805
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    nice rallyciak video
    https://youtu.be/6L_xwwDxrok
    In the 3 connected corners there are lots of people on places I would not consider safe. Some even on the road but those 2m from the road on a 1m bank are nowhere near safe either. If someone looses control he will hit the bank and roll over them. Hope this is not the position that some guy in the morning labeled as perfectly safe here.

EDIT: Also 1:32 standing on the road BEHIND 3-4 rows of people.
    Last edited by mknight; 25th January 2019 at 18:58.

2. Likes: Micke_VOC (25th January 2019),WRC1 (25th January 2019)
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis View Post
    it's funny that other top cars don't have broken rims except Meeke's
    Also interesting if you remember that on one of the pre monte tests they tested new rims on the Yaris after they had issues last year.

Liked 337 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Why is this thread being populated by comments describing what we can all see ourselves? It's like a running commentary.
    Those who follow at home in chair that is... but for guys who are at the stages - this forum is good source of information what is going on. WRC+ often doesnt work, so does splits from official site and so on. When spectating live in the woods, mountains, dessert any given information is gold (of course when there is internet access on your mobile).

EDIT: Speaking only from my own expierence.

5. Likes: er88 (25th January 2019),steve.mandzij (25th January 2019),WRC1 (25th January 2019)
    Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    nice rallyciak video
    https://youtu.be/6L_xwwDxrok
    Very crazy video - completely stupid. Sometimes you wonder how it happens that there are thanks god not many accidents involving spectators

7. Likes: Allez Andruet (25th January 2019),COD (25th January 2019),Micke_VOC (25th January 2019),WRC1 (25th January 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Japé View Post
    It is also a bit hard to understand why Tommi and Kaj are often downplaying the comments from their drivers. It doesn't even sound joking but more of a disrespecting. Sure drivers knows best what kind of hits car should / should not handle and they won't constantly take unnecessary risks. If rally after rally you are following the same cutting in lines as others and only your car is smashing the rims, it starts to break your nerves for sure.
    Where did they blame the drivers?

I read Mäkinen talking about a reinforced rim they use in ADAC, that maybe it should be used also in Monte.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I think you are all too hang up in the "as good as last rally" and tire choices.

Yesterday Mikkelsen and Loeb were only ones on same tires and were at same pace, quite far off the others on other tires.

Today Mikkelsen has similar speed as he had on Monte last year. I20 works well on bumpy and slippery/tricky tarmac, while it works quite bad on smooth/high grip tarmac (Shakedown here, Spain, Corsica, most of Germany).

So while he did good today it's not really much of a change.
    For a guy who apparently had to involve his lawyers in order to get a full time seat this year and who had a horrible start for this rally (nevermind it was due tire choice), I'd say his performance so far definitely deserves a honorable mention. I.e. he's facing pressure he never has had to cope with before in his career and so far he's delivering. For me it tells more than his 2017 alone.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

10. Likes: Lead (25th January 2019)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    about Rovanpera

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    In the 3 connected corners there are lots of people on places I would not consider safe. Some even on the road but those 2m from the road on a 1m bank are nowhere near safe either. If someone looses control he will hit the bank and roll over them. Hope this is not the position that some guy in the morning labeled as perfectly safe here.

EDIT: Also 1:32 standing on the road BEHIND 3-4 rows of people.
    I think general public should not be allowed outside restricted areas, and only people who have an idea of rally safety to get permit to spectate at other places. This is just madness.

Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Im sure the "brigbackpaddon" people are having a bad day today... Thank god Paddon asked them to stop the BS they were doing on social media

Liked 845 Times in 407 Posts
    about Rovanpera

I don't understand the penalty... He turned onto the wrong road and waited until when he had to check into TC to continue?

And anyway, it's probably correct to give the penalty, but if they stayed out of everybody's way and it was the fault of the unclear roadbook, not to mention that he's already 12 minutes behind his main rival, I think the penalty could have been spared.