Page 168 of 181 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1805
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Last edited by dimviii; 27th January 2019 at 17:19.

2. Likes: koucos (27th January 2019),MentalParadox (27th January 2019),Mirek (27th January 2019)
    The result itself is superb, we really had a great race, especially on dry asphalt like today. We still have to work, as we saw with Sébastien Loeb who confirmed that there was still work. We know we had a fantastic race from this point of view.

It's my best Monte Carlo. Apart from this error on Friday, it was a perfect rally for us. The tire choices were often good, we had fun at the wheel of the car, we did a great job in the car and we were competitive. "

A moment virtual leader of the rally in the Power Stage, the Hyundai driver could not compete on the last part of the clock.

"My tires quickly deteriorated, the car moved a little too much, I tried to give everything. I even had the worry of brakes that during the first pass. Regarding the intermediaries, it is not possible to have lost so much of a sudden in the Power Stage, it is certainly not correct. We had a good steady pace but the car was starting to move. "

Asked about the throttle problems of Sébastien Ogier, Thierry Neuville gave a brief but clear answer: "We know it, I did not believe it for a single second. "

Often critical in terms of the performance of his car on asphalt, the vice-world champion believes that his team still has to work, especially against formidable Toyota.

"It's not really asphalt here, it's a rally where the driver can make a difference. Sébastien Loeb finished I think fourth and quite simply this weekend, we made the difference in the car. We know that we still have to work. We were fine today but it was still very slippery, at least in the Turini. The second was almost dry and we saw that Kris Meeke still took us six seconds.

We can ask the question to any non-Toyota driver, we know that they are very efficient. I'm happy with Hyundai and I know we can progress.

Looking ahead to the next round, the Hyundai driver sees the first three events of the season as a good indicator of the rest of the year.

"We've already finished third here at the Monte Carlo, so it's good for the standings. You have to see all the first three races, it's important to be regular at the beginning. From there, it will be necessary to be always at the front posts despite the disadvantage of the sweeping. "

https://www.rallye-sport.fr/neuville...pYtroRpaUayk0c

4. Likes: MentalParadox (27th January 2019),Rally Power (27th January 2019)
    "I think he's going to suffer this season," smiled the Belgian co-driver, "I think we're going to have a great season, we've seen that Ott is here even though here he suffered a puncture. , we are here, Seb too ... There is really a trio that emerges, and it goes super fast.The Toyota is the car to beat, it's clear, the times speak for themselves. "

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...OiRBc_9ybx8UNo

6. Likes: MentalParadox (27th January 2019)
    Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    [QUOTE
    Often critical in terms of the performance of his car on asphalt, the vice-world champion believes that his team still has to work, especially against formidable Toyota.
    [/QUOTE]

"Vice-world champion", a new title coined up by a PR Spin Doctor
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Citroen is the car that has to be worked on but they have a winner. Neuville lost it due to his mistake

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (27th January 2019)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Damn, that one was close! (it's not the same as the most known Mikkelsen crash from Monte 2019).
    I also took the liberty to remove the "m" in the link in my quote, so it goes straight to normal site, and not mobile site

11. Likes: AnttiL (27th January 2019),dimviii (27th January 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    How do you tell Ogier from Lappi when watching them approach in the distance?[/QUOTE]

Ogier is going faster

13. Likes: cali (27th January 2019),MentalParadox (27th January 2019),RaunoK (28th January 2019),spark13 (27th January 2019),WRC1 (27th January 2019)
    Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Q:
    You had a throttle issue today, when did you discover that? Did you think it would spoil the party?
    SO:
    Actually it started yesterday night on the road section and I started to get a strange reaction on the throttle when I was lifting – the car was going on with 20 per cent of pedal. It was not so nice, especially on stage mode. It could be tricky, we tried to check everything we could – it looks like a sensor is a bit crazy. Luckily it was still working some times, but it can catch you by surprise, so it’s also dangerous. Finally, we managed some small fix, it was not 100 per cent but at least we could finish the rally and give a last push on the power stage to keep the win. It was another busy day for my heart! The win was difficult to reach but also I didn’t know if I would finish. The sensor could be gone and this would be a bigger drama and that also adds to the emotion.

https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-sogier-...y-day-my-heart
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

15. Likes: dimviii (27th January 2019),Mirek (27th January 2019),Rally Power (27th January 2019),TWRC (27th January 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    That's one of the few moments All live showed by chance. It was on Friday I think.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Damn, that one was close! (it's not the same as the most known Mikkelsen crash from Monte 2019).
    I also took the liberty to remove the "m" in the link in my quote, so it goes straight to normal site, and not mobile site
    It's from SS9, 3:20 in (looked on onboard).

- he is actually not wide/fast in the right corner at all, there is lots of ice in front of the left corner and he has nothing in the notes about it (gravel crew mistake? notes only say "mixed" some corners before, he could have foreseen it will be more slippery below the trees where there is shadow). Still the notes on previous corners talk about "a bit of grip" in them and they are completely dry, yet here there is nothing specific and lots of ice/snow.
    - when he sees the slippery ice/snow ahead he goes hard on brakes (right after already hitting throttle from the right corner), locks up and slides onto the snow/ice on the side and touches bank after

- contrary to the vid, it doesn't look like rolling was likely, cause it's harder to roll when right wheels are on ice/snow, spin out to the right was more likely imo
    - from the onboard it looks like one spectator on the bank was really close to getting knocked around by the front of the car, could have been really nasty injury (broken leg + flying trough the air around afterwards)
    Last edited by mknight; 27th January 2019 at 18:45.