Page 175 of 181 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1805
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    On Corsica 2017 Ogier had real technical issues on Sunday that cost him 2nd place on the penultimate stage. In the regroup before PS he refused to say if they fixed it. Then on PS the car was fine and he took back 2nd place from Sordo. Did Sordo push less because of that? Impossible to say, but there could have been some doubt.

So Ogier is no stranger to mind games.

That said I believe there could have been a small issue but the effect was mainly psychological for Ogiers confidence.

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    He's just stating a fact mate. Tanak being so much faster than Jari is becoming the norm, but the team were probably surprised how much faster Meeke was. Jari still did a job for the team though and at least brought the car home with a solid points haul.

In terms of talking publicly, it was Jari who was spouting some amount of gibberish all weekend. He was so up and down and contradicting himself after nearly every stage.

- Saying he didn't have a good feeling on the first few stages - and we know when Jari doesn't have a good feeling his times plummet.

- On Saturday morning on the first stage, said he had a really good feeling and was happy with his driving - when in fact he'd been beaten by both his team mates by 24s.

- Said at the end of Saturday that he's pleased Sundays stages are dry, as he has confidence in the car on the dry as most of his testing was in those conditions.

- On Sundays first loop, says his car is too soft and that explains the time loss. Then after the second loop says the car is too hard (or it was too hard first, then too soft).

- Then after the rally saying he built the car wrong, it was his fault for crashing in testing. And because of that his setup was wrong (even though on Saturday night he claimed he was happy and comfortable with the car in the dry from testing).

So he needs to just settle down a bit. Still solid points, and a long season ahead. In Sweden things will probably change, Meeke has not much experience there and has never gone well, whereas Jari is the total opposite. And Jari has a better road position compared to Ott, which could even it up between those two.
    If Jari is already having a mental breakdown and doing a you by worrying about Meeke, Kalle, katsuta and Makinen's future plans for the team, he'd be as well just packing in the season now and calling Malcolm .
    Being Toyota's consitent points scorer could be just what Makinen wants from him anyway, as Meeke probably isn't going to be that....

He had a good second half of last season and was relaxed and calm, it's a shame he can't bring that into a new season. Nothing has changed except Meeke replacing Lappi, and if that alone is making him go back to being unstable then that's not Makinen's fault.
    I know, I know, basing my whole assumption on a single rally and a single interview is wrong, and you made all the correct points. But it's still not a secret that Makinen has fallen out of favor with Latvala since last year, according to other interviews. My point is that he doesn't want to really keep him, so he might be playing with his confidence to convince the Japanese that it's time for a change.

And sure, Latvala is experienced in Sweden, but Tanak was faster last year on pure pace again. Same thing happened on Latvala's home rally.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

4. Likes: EstWRC (28th January 2019),Mirek (28th January 2019),steve.mandzij (28th January 2019)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    redbull links for all days of Monte
    https://twitter.com/rallyparadise/st...60737831878656

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Holy hell. I just love this sport. Amazing places!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    That’s sped up right? I mean they look about twice as fast on that video as they do on the tv footage. Or are they really that quick (I haven’t seen the new generation WRCs live yet)

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    Great video, takes some big balls to drive like that!

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    And even bigger balls to stand where some spectators are. Completely crazy. But some unbelievable skill on display

11. Likes: WRC1 (29th January 2019)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    That’s sped up right? I mean they look about twice as fast on that video as they do on the tv footage. Or are they really that quick (I haven’t seen the new generation WRCs live yet)
    Nope, that's how fast it is.
    I was at the same place as WRC TV on that fast combination on Savalla in Spain but their camera was sitting still on a tripod, the difference was quite big.
    It also depends a bit on frame rate, i think think a higher frame rate and shutter speed makes it look slower, i use 24 FPS.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

13. Likes: EstWRC (29th January 2019),Mirek (29th January 2019),RS (28th January 2019)