Page 179 of 181 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1805
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredouye View Post
    Of course they have to back him up.
    Like I said above, there is not a chance on this planet that they would still be experiencing the same fault that they did twice in the past.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    These are Belgian national colours. I think de Mevius is backed by Belgian motorsport federation.
    Cool livery indeed.
    Correct

Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    no too sure if these were posted already, but a few comparative vids
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESjN8j2a0iI
    neuville, loeb, mikkelsen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIwxj3gYPVk
    tanak, meeke, latvala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXoA1o8qv30
    ogier, neuville

Liked 9,346 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    How can you say it's a fact, when you have no evidence, other than Ogier claiming it was so? Ogier did need mind games, as Neuville wasn't exactly hanging around. Do people really believe that Citroen won't have sorted out a throttle fault that occurred twice last year by now? H wasn't getting the excuses in early, he was trying to make Neuville not push so hard.
    So everyone in the media, rally journos and experts, were all taken in by this lie by Ogier. Only you somehow found it wasnt true. So where is YOUR evidence ?

And did you see the decisive PS ? Neuville absolutely threw the i20 over the finish. He held nothing back and still lost time to Ogier.

Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So everyone in the media, rally journos and experts, were all taken in by this lie by Ogier. Only you somehow found it wasnt true. So where is YOUR evidence ?

And did you see the decisive PS ? Neuville absolutely threw the i20 over the finish. He held nothing back and still lost time to Ogier.
    Why nobody asks if maybe Neuville held a little back the whole weekend or just saturday and sunday.. I mean what if last year's sweeping the road will be also huge at this year's event. Then Neuville will definetly have better start than Ogier. He also say it loud that secnd place in Monte is not tragic and that will come to handy on next event.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    He also said, that he would have wanted to win it and then consoled himself with Sweden start position ( quite logical and may prove handy). This is also supported by the fact, that position no. 3 was over 2 minutes behind pretty much half of the event, while they two were chasing tenths.

This Ogier blaming is getting more andmore ridiculous and when someone like Neuville fuels it (against whom the whole world quite often is), it should be considered even more ridiculous.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 30th January 2019 at 19:35.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Eddie, firstly, I am not the only one who thought he was bluffing... Neuville also said it. Secondly, stuff like this goes on all the time in all sorts of sports and certainly in motorsport. People bluff, make stuff up etc. etc.

I don't have evidence, of course I don't... if I did, the whole world would, because I would be one of the last to know.

Yes, you're correct, Neuville gave it everything on the last stage, because he didn't believe Ogier!

Finally, if the car was as bad as he said, do you honestly think he could set the times he did? - Like you said, he still beat Neuville on the last stage... when he's driving a WRC car to the absolute limit, but with a throttle he knows may stay 20% open... come on, he would have definitely left a little in reserve so he didn't have a horrendous accident if he really did know there was an issue.

Of course I may be wrong, but this is just my opinion.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    This stuff happens in the amateur world too. I remember when Stig Blomqvist was doing the American Rally Series for a half a season. I don't remember the rally, but it was an early one. He was only ahead by a few seconds before the final stage. He opened his hood and his co-driver (wife I think) spilled some water on the manifold... the leading drivers who was behind them at the time control saw the steam and Stig told them they have a leaky head gasket... Stig ended up winning that stage by 16 secs.. lol. Old trick by and old wise man... he was in his 60's.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 1st February 2019 at 01:59. Reason: Edit whole season to half season.

9. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2019),Entertainer (30th January 2019),jiipee64 (31st January 2019),Micke_VOC (31st January 2019),pantealex (5th February 2019),Rally Power (31st January 2019),Rallyper (31st January 2019),Sso (31st January 2019),steve.mandzij (31st January 2019),T16 (30th January 2019),TWRC (31st January 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    he still beat Neuville on the last stage
    I'm not suggesting who's right or not, just for the record Ogier seemed to make some repairs (and this is written somewhere) on the car before that stage. On the other hand he also seemed almost equal to Neuville on the first pass, so this stage seemed more to his liking/car.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

11. Likes: T16 (31st January 2019)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I'm not suggesting who's right or not, just for the record Ogier seemed to make some repairs (and this is written somewhere) on the car before that stage. On the other hand he also seemed almost equal to Neuville on the first pass, so this stage seemed more to his liking/car.
    Only pic I say him "repairing" was him clicking dampers at rear...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2019),pantealex (5th February 2019),T16 (31st January 2019)