Page 76 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Then we would get complains from spectators and teams, why they have to spend so much time driving on public roads and service...

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    Instead of blaiming the spectators how about we look at the good examples on the calendar? Portugal has it all figured out when it comes to spectator safety, ofcourse for those watching it makes for a considerably less enjoyable race, but the example is there and it is very simple to copy it. Ofcourse the real truth is when it comes to MC organizers they cant be bothered.
    The amount of meathead police with guns in Portugal tends to do the trick. The stage/road is lava over there. You can't step on it. That's one way to lock down a rally. Certainly isn't my preference but you didn't ever feel like a stage would get cancelled. Even with big numbers of people. From my experience of that event anyway.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

3. Likes: jparker (25th January 2019),Micke_VOC (25th January 2019)
    Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    On rally finland they have relaxed the rules for spectators quite a bit. Most behave well with freedom, but I have witnessed some horrible examples where only luck has been saving them. Worst is lying "hidden" on a ditch at a corner and then also people standing 1 m from road at the landing of a big jump. I think MM etc do mainly good work, shame that it has to go that far as cancelling stages.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    The amount of meathead police with guns in Portugal tends to do the trick. The stage/road is lava over there. You can't step on it. That's one way to lock down a rally. Certainly isn't my preference but you didn't ever feel like a stage would get cancelled. Even with big numbers of people. From my experience of that event anyway.
    The safety organization there have learnt from the past unlike this one. We all remember what Portugal used to look like with the sea of spectators dividing as if struck by the staff of Moses.

6. Likes: Tauri_J (25th January 2019)
    Liked 77 Times in 30 Posts
    Is rally radio working for you? 3 minutes then I have to restart it.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
    ...::: 2012 Season (second half) WRC Pickem Champion :::...
    http://www.rallyfoto.se

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Found it... This one
    https://youtu.be/qlLolGuqo9o

Embankments need to be higher than one meter to make them safe. Things happens on straights also, especially in a rally where grip levels are inconsistent and the asphalt bumpy.
    Fair play. It's larger than a metre because it's taller than I but will post a photo later and let you judge

Here's hoping that's the last cancellation anyway.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    The safety organization there have learnt from the past unlike this one. We all remember what Portugal used to look like with the sea of spectators dividing as if struck by the staff of Moses.
    And also a number of dead bodies.

10. Likes: itix (25th January 2019)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Is stage starting? BT are still showing preview programme.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Some of the comments here are just plain stupid. was she supposed to stop there to make them move and delay the stage?
    Fact is some spectators are just ignorant and they do not listen, she did the right thing. If some one was killed or injured you all would get on about how the sport is not safe and Michelle did not do her job.
    Who said Michelle should do it? Don't mark other people as stupid with more stupidity. Police and arrests will certainly do the job.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Is stage starting? BT are still showing preview programme.
    delayed until 10:33 for now

14. Likes: RS (25th January 2019)